facebook

delta gamma discussion

by: GR Administrator

Delta Gamma sorority chapter comments at Mississippi State University - MSU

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 18
#21  by: @@Factual   

Do you know what the new rules are? I haven't heard about them. And I'm not saying they are THE most popular sorority, I mean thats really personal choice, but they do get a lot of independent support.

By: @@Factual
#22  by: @@@factual   

You can find the new rules on the Student Association website. They are a little more strict about campaigning and there is now a fine system if rules are broken. Also a group might lose the privilege of running a candidate the next year if rules are broken. As I said DG is a great group!

By: @@@factual
#23  by: It's not fair   

to accuse DG of "cheating" during rush. Top chapters get the top rushees. No cheating involved ... DG and Chi O consistently take top girls and they don't cheat to get them!

By: It's not fair
#24  by: Re:The   

There aren't any TRULEY wild DG's or XO's that I know of, there are ones that go out in both but aren't crazy. Maybe a couple in both but definitely not the majority of the girls. Compared to the most wild girls in other sororities, DG and XO are relatively tame, which keeps their good and classy reputations.

By: Re:The
#25  by: @State '15   

It definitely wouldn't hurt, but it's not mandatory. Sororities here are much more open to taking girls that have great resumes and recs even if they don't know someone in the chapter. I know of several out of state girls in all 3 of the top houses that didn't have a lot of connections, but if you have good grades/involvement/recs, good houses will look at you. Also sometimes being a legacy is harder. Houses can only take so many so if there are a ton of legacies coming through in one year you have to cut some. Other times it is helpful.

By: @State '15
#26  by: @@KE   

KE might actually be a guy. Guys in top frats know that DG is a top house, but they also know that they stretch the rules as far as possible to win.

By: @@KE
#27  by: Older DG   

I love my sorority and I"m not about to ranks us badly, but there are 2 other top houses here too with equally great girls. The one girl giving us 5's and other houses bad ranks on the same day, you have a lot to learn and need to calm down because all 3 of us are wonderful and have different things to offer, and you are making us look stuck up on here.

By: Older DG
#28  by: @Older DG   

Nice call. I agree DG is a great group as are two other groups on campus. The rankings are very obvious. Maybe she will get the message.

By: @Older DG
#29  by: @haters   

DG has done well THIS year. Other groups have dominated during different years, seems to happen that way. Problem is the group is not well liked. Problem is that DG only loves it's own members and does not strive to strengthen the Greek community as a whole. They do just the opposite by certain choices they have made over the past few years. It's not just this chapter but DG as a whole.

By: @haters
#30  by: to @haters   

Here's the thing...DG has not broken any university rules, gotten in any trouble or done anything to be hated for. Other groups are jealous and that's just the way it is. Any non-greek at MSU will tell you that DGs are the nicest girls if you're not greek. So, what does that say? DG cares about ALL PEOPLE - not just trying to impress other greek groups who are hating on them. Have you ever stopped to think that since other groups are hating on them, they're going out beyond the confines of the greek community and really reaching out on campus? That is what makes this group great. They're not limited to the little cliques that seem to define greek life at MSU. And, since other groups cannot forceably make DG bend to their own will, they're left with no option but HATE. It's very sad. And, not sure exactly what you're talking about with that last sentence. DG is a very strong national group. Just ask any NPC delegate.

By: to @haters

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.