facebook

delta gamma discussion

by: GR Administrator

Delta Gamma sorority chapter comments at Mississippi State University - MSU

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 18
#31  by: Personally   

I think some of these all 5's and comments are blatantly obvious that is a DG from this chapter, obviously she is not trying to hide it. While other chapters AS A WHOLE have a hard time liking DG AS A WHOLE, there are so many girls among DG, KD. and XO that are best friends. I'm in a different top house, and there are times no one likes what ever DG is doing, but I still have several best friends that are in the chapter that are great people. It's never really the members people have a problem with, but whatever choices advisors/whoever make. There are girls in different sororities that truly hate DG, but there are some that truly hate my house too. But guys like them and so do independents...so I think it is unfair to claim (directed at "Sad") that no other greeks like them, because there are plenty that do. I would go easy on claiming jealousy though to the baby DG below this comment, it's making you look stuck up and not everyone picked DG even if you did.

By: Personally
#32  by: Older DG...again   

I really don't know how else to say it, baby girls, PLEASE stop posting on this website!! if you do, post nice things TO EVERYONE and leave our page alone. I know you have friends in other houses, so show them some love. Being ranked on here means nothing, absolutely nothing in real life. but all of these 5's while going on and on about how you love DG is not classy or humble. I love DG, and I'm so happy you do too, but please keep all of our reputations in mind and don't boast on a website. We can be ranked dead last on here, who cares? It doesn't affect anything.

By: Older DG...again
#33  by: @older DG   

You are very wise!

By: @older DG
#34  by: no   

Having your name 'on' a bid list does not mean you have a bid. Here's how it works. A bid list is a ranked order in which a sorority 'wants' certain girls. The Office of Greek Life decides how many girls each house can have. That number is called quota. Once quota is reached for any given sorority, no more bids may be given to individuals on the list. If you're confused about this, go ask Greek Life. They'll explain it all to you. But, suffice it to say that being on a chapter's bid list and actually receiving a bid from them are 2 VERY different things. Receiving a bid means that you get an envelope with a card inside inviting you to pledge and become a member of the group. NO PNM can receive more than 1 of these in any given year. If she gets a bid & turns it down, she must wait 1 full year before going through rush again or pledging any group. I understand your confusion here, but please get your facts straight. Being issued a bid is not the same as being on a bid list

By: no
#35  by: @no   

I know exactly how it all works!! You missed my "so in a way" comment. Maybe I should have said anyone who is comes to a sorority's pref night has the potential to receive a bid. If a sorority is not willing to extend a bid to a PMN they will be cut before preference.

By: @no
#36  by: TO @no   

I'll state it again:

Being on a bid list and receiving a bid are 2 very different things. Choosing to place a chapter as your #2 choice on your pref card doesn't mean that you declined a bid from them. It just means they're your second choice.

Of course anyone who is on the bid list has the potential to get a bid. Duh. That's why even getting invited to pref a chapter is a big deal, because that means you've passed their 'vetting' process and they've agreed that you have the potential to be a member of theirs.

By: TO @no
#37  by: @To no   

You are making a much bigger deal of this then is necessary. There is no need to be rude at all. I was simply trying to explain myself better. Wow.

By: @To no
#38  by: honeychile   

@no, you seem to be the one who got all this started with your claim that 'being on a bid list means you get a bid from the sorority.' Reading back over the comments, it's yours that sound rude, uninformed, and immature. If you're tired of the back & forth then just drop it, girl.

By: honeychile
#39  by: We   

have very different interpretations of rude. I nicely tried to explain myself and you continue to use childish remarks. Once again, wow! And I am done with this exchange with you.

By: We
#40  by: @I can   

Names never need to be on this site. There are a couple juniors that did drop after bid day, I thought the person was talking strictly about this pledge class. Every sorority has girls who end up dropping as time goes as you said.

By: @I can

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.