facebook

let's bring a new sorority on campus

by: New kid on the block

I vote to bring Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha or Delta Zeta. Any thoughts?

Posted By: New kid on the block
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 9
#41  by: Fun   

It’s true that we should wait at least 2 years before we add another group so APhi can establish its chapter. But it’s also fun just talking about which sororities to invite for colonization. I’d vote for one of these - Pi Beta Phi, Delta Delta Delta, Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Gamma Phi Beta or Kappa Delta. The reason being is we need groups that are good nationally because with strong support, they will succeed here. We need every Greek organization to thrive so our Greek system will grow. We should be expanding every 2-4 years.

By: Fun
#42  by: XO   

Chi Omega!

By: XO
#43  by: Just saying   

DG and Theta are known as Southern sororities too (tons of chapters in the south). I'm from NC.

By: Just saying
by: ^Jul 1, 2015 9:18:58 PM

OMG - they are HORRIBLE in the south. Both of them. I'm from Alabama and my family is old southern. The southern sororities are : Phi Mu, Kappa Delta, Chi Omega, Delta Zeta, Delta Delta Delta and Alpha Delta Pi. They are even referred to as "Southern Royalty." With Chi Omega being the "Queens."

By: ^
by: andJul 1, 2015 9:19:33 PM

I forgot Zeta Tua Alpha.

By: and
#44  by: Delta Delta Delta   

Very large and quite strong everywhere. Founded in Boston, wonderful philanthropy (they literally have buildings named after them at the St Jude Hospital). Since they are large it is good for networking, etc.

It doesn't make sense to bring a smaller sorority here when they would be competing with Kappa, Theta, Alpha Phi and DG, some of the biggest sororities out there.

By: Delta Delta Delta
#45  by: agreed with above   

I agree with the person above. We need some more big name sororities if we want to give them the best chance of survival. Tri Delta and Pi Phi would be good.

By: agreed with above
by: ^Mar 18, 2015 11:30:55 AM

so predictable.

By: ^
by: supDec 4, 2015 2:51:02 PM

@^....you def don't belong in greek life....you are looking for an alternative experience....that is not what social GLOs will give you.

By: sup
#46  by: hmmm   

I think kappa delta and tri delta are our best bets.

By: hmmm
#47  by: DDD   

I say Tri Delta. I love their philanthropy

By: DDD
#48  by: .   

either get Zeta, Tri Delt, or Kappa Delta

By: .
#49  by: KD   

I vote for Kappa Delta!

By: KD
#50  by: Sigma Kappa    

Large enough nationally to have a strong alumni support, but small enough to appeal to the girls looking for an "edgier" organization. Strong northern and west coast presence, several good SEC chapters, and it tends to thrive and be the best at smaller schools. Margaret Smith (first female senator), Margaret Seddon (first female astranaut), former Miss America and Miss India, and lots of other notable alums. Plus it was founded by four women who were the first to attend a former all male school and wanted a sisterhood to look to for academic motivation and friendship (like Harvard). Five different philanthropies with varying purposes to wide appeal on that note. Maroon & Lavender are the colors and that's fairly unique.

By: Sigma Kappa
by: are you for real?Jan 30, 2016 10:47:27 PM

You are clearly the same Sigma Kappa on here over and over trying to get your group on here at Harvard.

By: are you for real?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.