facebook

let's bring a new sorority on campus

by: New kid on the block

I vote to bring Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha or Delta Zeta. Any thoughts?

Posted By: New kid on the block
Post Reply Report
Page 7 of 9
#61  by: .Vote   

I vote either Phi Sigma Sigma or Delta Phi Epsilon. Both were founded as non-secretarian sororities.

By: .Vote
#62  by: xoxo   

The biggest sorority in the nation. Just putting that out there

By: xoxo
#63  by: hi   

I vote Gamma Phi Beta. My sister is in it at another school. The biggest misconception about the sorority is that they do not actually nationally support one philanthropic organization (many people think theirs is Girls on the Run). Instead, they have a philanthropic mission of "building strong girls" and will donate/sponsor any organization that aligns with their mission statement, Girls on the Run is just the one they most often partner with. They also are a very strong chapter, and also I believe they are the only international sorority (they have chapters in Canada). They would be a good fit here I believe.

By: hi
by: actuallyApr 16, 2016 2:04:22 AM

several sororities are "international". Alpha Phi has several chapters in Canada and I believe other sororities do as well.

By: actually
by: lolApr 19, 2016 11:21:28 PM

There is a huge amount of sororities in Canada, at some schools there is 8+ panhellenic sororities

By: lol
by: lolApr 19, 2016 11:22:28 PM

including all the sororities already here

By: lol
#64  by: Lol   

I go to a school with 19 NPC sororities, and it sounds like the house you guys need is Sigma Delta Tau. Their motto is empowering women and their philanthropy is prevent child abuse America.

By: Lol
#65  by: Crimson   

I think Pi Beta Phi. They were the first fraternity for women, they have been pioneers in Greek life, have chapters in Canada.

By: Crimson
by: Panhellenic Oct 14, 2021 1:52:34 AM

Pi Beta Phi is the best choice to be Harvard’s next sorority. Pi Phi is a top tier National sorority and has succeeded in Ivy League schools. It’s the only one that is strong enough to be competitive and successful with the current organizations.

By: Panhellenic
#66  by: New England Sorority    

How about Sigma Kappa? Strong nationally, not as much as DZ or ZTA, but known for being classy and their national philanthropy is huge with Alzheimer Association plus they have three other ones as well. They also were founded in Maine in 1874, so they have been around for some time. Plus, they have had some very successful alumni.

By: New England Sorority
by: New England Sorority Oct 20, 2016 11:17:34 PM

I must add but I have looked into many other NPC sororities and this one slides under the radar but should be considered to be a top sorority. the values they hold, five(really four but they count Sigma Kappa Foundation as one) philanthropies, 120 chapters, and a strong nationals they should be considered to be on our campus. They may not be flashy but would do well here. Also, their oldest running chapter is at Boston University so they would have a strong support system not too far away.
I would be content welcoming them to our panhellenic family.

By: New England Sorority
#67  by: Tri Sigma Sister   

Hey all! I'm currently a Tri Sigma pledge at the chapter here at UMass Amherst. I have a couple of Harvard friends who were asking me all about it so I thought I would share. Personally, I am so happy I choose Tri Sigma. Our philanthropies include the March of Dimes, the Robbie Page Memorial Foundation, and the Tri Sigma foundation. Since we are the founders of our chapter here at UMass Amherst we get to have a lot of input of what we want our sorority to be like, which I personally am very excited about. We also have a great national consultant that has been helping us every step of the way! Most of the girls in the chapter here are very intelligent women who are either majoring in the sciences on the pre-med track, or in the business school. I would say that all the women in this chapter truly reflect the Tri Sigma values of wisdom, faith, hope, love, and empowerment. Tri Sigma really holds themselves to a very high standard; in fact, we were one of the first sororities to stand up against hazing. We've also been able to meet up with some of the Tri Sigma girls at Northeastern. I would totally love to see a Tri Sigma chapter at Harvard in the future, as it would help create a major Boston/Massachusetts network between Northeastern, Harvard, and UMass. There are also a lot more Tri Sigma chapters that keep on popping up across the country, and our presence is only getting stronger.

By: Tri Sigma Sister
by: Tri Sigma SisterNov 15, 2016 6:46:08 PM

PS I forgot to mention our alumni network which is very strong. In addition to our national consultant, we actually have 3 additional tri sigma alums who are helping us with our chapter. One of the alums is the Panhellenic head of WPI, so she has been such a great resource to get our chapter presence out there on campus.

By: Tri Sigma Sister
#68  by: Crimson   

Pi Beta Phi would be an excellent choice. The are leaders and pioneers in the women's fraternity movement.

By: Crimson
by: If we ever return Nov 4, 2021 6:39:25 PM

Then PI Phi is the strongest choice!

By: If we ever return
by: TruthfullyJul 14, 2023 2:56:47 PM

I honestly think Kappa Delta is the best choice. They have a great chapter at Boston and Brown and would have the alumnae support needed. They have a great philanthropy as well - love their colors Green and white - just a nice fit truthfully

By: Truthfully
#69  by: Butterfly   

Tri sis not good at all. How about Alpha ta Pi ?
I is a very southern sorority and was the first sorority. I they have a good chapter at BU.

By: Butterfly
by: First SororityDec 11, 2023 10:49:37 PM

Alpha Delta Pi- 1851

By: First Sorority
#70  by: no   

Anything but Tri Sig, in my opinion. Smaller nationally, but inner chapter functions are a mess.

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.