facebook

let's bring a new sorority on campus

by: New kid on the block

I vote to bring Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha or Delta Zeta. Any thoughts?

Posted By: New kid on the block
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 9
#1  by: Guest   

don't ZTA and DZ have more of a southern presence? if i'm not mistaken they have very few chapters in boston/massachusetts, seems like it would be hard for them to get off the ground without support from a stronger collegiate/alumnae local network. I haven't heard much about Tri Sig overall. at any rate, I'm guessing it'll be a while before they decide to add a new sorority considering one was just added last year.

By: Guest
by: hear yaJan 25, 2014 1:39:20 AM

yeah I know we just added Alpha Phi, but seems like we should add now while we have momentum going . I agree with the poster below about our system being a bit too Yankee oriented. Why not switch it up a little. I just looked up Delta Zeta. Their philanthropy is The Painted Turtle, a camp for kids. Seems kinda cool. They are also really into the environment "green." Could be a good thing for us. Regardless of local alumni chapters, it seems like whoever we ask to come, will probably pull it together.

By: hear ya
by: NoDec 29, 2014 7:36:44 PM

Tri Sig, DZ, and Zeta are not very strong nationally. In fact, they are mostly at a lot of weak academic schools. It is just not what one would expect for Harvard. It sounds like someone outside of Harvard is suggesting this such as their nationals or alums.

By: No
by: NoFeb 11, 2015 11:33:04 PM

ZTA and DZ are not sororities that are found solely at schools with weak academics. DZ and especially ZTA both have strong national presence and reputations. Plus ZTA's philanthropy is breast cancer awareness which I'm sure is important to all of us.

By: No
by: kMar 3, 2015 7:02:51 PM

ZTA is one of the strongest national sororities there is

By: k
by: uhhJun 18, 2015 11:05:17 PM

ZTA is the second largest sorority after chi omega so I'd say it's pretty strong nationally...

By: uhh
by: Actually Feb 2, 2017 3:21:51 PM

Actually Kappa Alpha Theta and Kappa Kappa Gamma are stronger than Zeta nationally. Those two and Chi Omega have very large nationals and lots of chapters not limited by region.

By: Actually
by: GuestJun 11, 2019 8:44:53 AM

I️ am a DZ at a school in North Carolina! It is an absolutely amazing sorority with a very impressive philanthropy. We would be so honored to be at Harvard!

#DZLAM !!!

By: Guest
by: HGApr 23, 2021 1:15:52 PM

Hey, I'm an EC member of one of the fraternities on campus and I have been trying to initiate this movement of more greek orgs at Harvard! It is certainly not out of the question, and it is high time for the culture to grow and progress with more opportunities for students to go greek.

By: HG
by: AdamNov 18, 2021 9:36:09 AM

if there was a new sorority I last year I'm gonna say no to adding a new sorority this year.

By: Adam
by: Truth Dec 23, 2021 10:24:57 PM

Stop putting down the south and their sororities. Take a trip to the SEC conference and see how good sorority life can be. Mega mansions and great parties. Vanderbilt and Florida students are just as smart as the kids that go to Harvard. Adpi would be a great additional. Smart girls that are classy!

By: Truth
#2  by: sororityty   

Chi Omega!!!

By: sororityty
by: mehJan 24, 2014 9:12:54 PM

not feeling it.

By: meh
by: Ugh.Jun 1, 2015 4:39:44 PM

No.

By: Ugh.
#3  by: DZ and ZTA   

would be cool to bring in some southern comfort. Delta Zeta is big in the midwest, south and california. ZTA is defiantly a strong southern sorority. This is Harvard. Any sorority would want to come here if we asked. I'm sure all of them could bet support from national to get off the ground. Would be cool to get some diversity in our Greek System. Our current system is a little too yankee. Don't know much about Tri Sig. I'm voting for Delta Zeta.

By: DZ and ZTA
by: me too Jan 24, 2014 9:50:11 PM

I agree. Let's get Delta Zeta. Why not bring some Texas to campus?

By: me too
by: yeah babyJan 25, 2014 2:32:40 AM

bring us some Texas.

By: yeah baby
by: supDec 4, 2015 2:30:42 PM

DZ is weak and not Texas...founded in...OHIO! Go for ADPi if you want southern...or Chi Omega. Can't be more southern than Delta Delta Delta.

By: sup
by: LolMay 11, 2016 10:28:24 AM

DZ is actually very weak in Texas!! It doesn't matter where a sorority was founded. Delta delta delta(northeast) and kappa alpha theta(Midwest) were not founded in Texas, but are strong in the lone star state.

-An actual Texan

By: Lol
by: yikesMar 13, 2021 11:29:54 PM

dz is actually pretty week here at ohio schools

By: yikes
by: love Jul 14, 2023 3:13:12 PM

I really Love Kappa Delta - they have the 5th largest foundation supporting scholarships for sisters and local charities and they have a wonderful national philanthropy Prevent Child Abuse America. They have donated 27 million dollars to the organization and even more to the local charities that work directly with children in need. I love this sorority

They also work with Girl Scouts. Wonderful group!

By: love
#4  by: what?   

My sister is a Delta Zeta at UVA. I wouldn't consider them "Texas." They are a good sorority though. They would probably work here.

By: what?
#5  by: me too    

My sister is a dz at Northwestern.I think of them as more midwestern. Would be nice to have them here, but it will be awhile till they could come on.

By: me too
#6  by: mexican   

Would love Delta Zeta and Tri Delta.

By: mexican
by: yeah!Sep 3, 2014 12:25:07 AM

Tri Delta would be awesome. Their philanthropy is amazing!

By: yeah!
by: YesMay 1, 2015 7:40:09 PM

Tri Delta would be cool since they were founded in Boston and have a pretty good national presence. They're philanthropy is really great too!

By: Yes
by: LOLJan 29, 2016 11:07:41 PM

Anyone who knows greek life knows TRI DELTA is suuuuuuper Southern.

By: LOL
#7  by: AOPI   

Alpha Omicron Pi

By: AOPI
#8  by: Great group   

Another suggestion. ALPHA GAMMA DELTA. Great philanthropy and Panhellenic reputation. Not too big and well grounded. Great rep in the Midwest.

By: Great group
by: True Feb 1, 2014 12:04:04 AM

AGD is good. But I'm mostly with the DZ people here. I like their Painted Turtle thing and I like that they have a chapter at Galludant University. I'm also think Chi Omega would be good.

By: True
by: Yes!Jan 21, 2016 6:31:13 PM

I have a family member who is a gam and she showed me their purpose a few years ago and I fell in love!!! They have such a good message to share, if I had ended up at my second choice school, I would have definitely gone gam. I really think they would do wonderfully if they opened a chapter here.

By: Yes!
#9  by: never heard   

I never heard of Alpha Gamma Delta.

By: never heard
by: supDec 4, 2015 2:32:52 PM

part of the Syracuse Triad....founded w Gamma Phi Beta and after Alpha Phi...yankee groups.

By: sup
#10  by: all are great though   

i vote ZTA. their philanthropy is breast cancer awareness which is really cool and they're stronger nationally

By: all are great though
by: ^Feb 6, 2014 12:55:09 AM

There has been a lot of drama around their philanthropy.

By: ^
by: any others?Feb 9, 2014 11:42:59 PM

Any others? I'm not feeling ZTA. They are too Southern for me. Maybe something with a stronger social justice philanthropy? Any suggestions.

By: any others?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.