facebook

let's bring a new sorority on campus

by: New kid on the block

I vote to bring Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha or Delta Zeta. Any thoughts?

Posted By: New kid on the block
Post Reply Report
Page 9 of 9
#81  by: Lex   

Phi Mu💕

By: Lex
#82  by: Guest   

i vote gphi!! such a great sorority, so many great people, and they're so good nationally

By: Guest
#83  by: Truth   

The sororities here have strong national presence and that is what is needed with the new sorority. The only NATIONAL sororities with the powerhouse reputations are Pi Beta Phi and Delta Delta Delta. Pi Phi is the stronger organization and has done well at Princeton, Yale, etc. Tri-Delta has a slightly less impressive reputation because of colonizing at weaker schools except in the south. It generally comes in behind Pi Phi in recruitment at top schools across the country. PNM from all the states would be more willing to join Pi Phi because of its status and reputation which is comparable to the strength of the current groups.

By: Truth
by: RecommendationsJun 15, 2022 12:34:09 AM

I'm not a Pi Phi or Tri-Delt. Both are excellent, but Pi
Phi is MUCH stronger nationally - it IS a powerhouse. Tri-Delt is MUCH stronger in the South (not including Texas where Pi Phi reigns supreme), but nationally I'd put Kappa, Pi Phi, Theta, then Tri-Delt in strength and national presence in that order. Tri-Delt was founded in Boston, btw. Theta is very, very good nation wide, and HIGHLY respected, but is very weak in the South. If you do want a very southern sorority, I'd recommend ADPi (VERY strong in SEC, very strong chapter at Boston U, so they'd have lots of support). Zeta is also excellent and strong in the south, despite what was said earlier. They are highly respected there, and anyone would be proud to be a Zeta. Phi Mu is another great southern option. Good sorority already, but also starting to move up the chain. Don't forget Chi Omega. Yes, it is one of the largest sororities nationwide, but that is because they colonize everywhere and never close struggling chapters. Nonetheless, they are a VERY respected sorority nationwide. I don't think of them as particuliarly southern, although overall good in the south. I am a member of one of the sororities listed above (but not Pi Phi). Despite very much wanting to see my sorority at Harvard, I would honestly go with Pi Phi if you want a strong nationwide sorority. If you want a "southern" sorority, go with ADPi. Founded in GA, very southern - first sorority, I believe - but have very strong chapter at BU. Finally, as regards to the others: Tri-Sigma hardly has a presence ANYWHERE, although I'm sure that they are nice girls and hopefully will grow in the future. DZ is weaker nationally as well, although MUCH better than T-S. DZ recognized as a national sorority, but only a very few chapters are strong. One more - another "southern" sorority is Kappa Delta. They are good in the south in most parts (although not everywhere, especially Texas where basically non existent). They have been accused of social climbing, though. Supposedly, 30 years ago they were recruiting at community colleges. They definitely were at a lower level, but have hit it hard, and colonized at Brown 5-7 years ago. Rep much better than before. I've tried to be very objective. Every sorority has their train wreck chapters,including Pi Phi(although a lot less than others). Again, not a Pi Phi, but I'd recommend Pi Phi if want a more nationwide sorority, and Adpi if want a more southern sorority. All sororities provide wonderful experiences, though. Any sorority would be THRILLED to colonize at Harvard, and ANY sorority would also be an great asset to Harvard as well.

By: Recommendations
#84  by: Info   

Theta and DG are coming back. So depending on if everyone grows, there could be more sororities on campus.

By: Info
by: when?Mar 15, 2022 4:01:45 PM

When ?

By: when?
#85  by: KKG   

I know I’m a bit late to this, but I think we should bring Kappa Kappa Gamma. Their philanthropy is mental health and in general the sorority is known for being classy. Also they’re one of the best sororities in the nation and Canada.

By: KKG
#86  by: Greek   

ZTA has a very strong alumni network in Boston actually- my sister went to Harvard grad school and is an undergrad ZTA from a big chapter in the south- she is always involved in Boston and New England alumni and professional events. Impressive group. I’d love to see ZTA here!!!

By: Greek
#87  by: Uh    

Nice try but that was a swing and a miss. DZ and Zeta are both very well known and have good reps nationally

By: Uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.