facebook

let's bring a new sorority on campus

by: New kid on the block

I vote to bring Sigma Sigma Sigma, Zeta Tau Alpha or Delta Zeta. Any thoughts?

Posted By: New kid on the block
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 9
#21  by: hv   

anything but ZTA or AXID.

By: hv
by: ^Apr 1, 2014 3:38:21 PM

I agree. Don't like their philanthropies.

By: ^
#22  by: Purple & Pearls   

Hello! Tri Sigma is one of the smaller national Panhellenic sororities. Their philanthropy is focused around children's play therapy. They are very big Eastern and Mid-West school, with a few chapters in the south and west. They're known for focusing on their philanthropy, which is why they're not very "big" or "well-known" nationally.

By: Purple & Pearls
by: ^Apr 1, 2014 3:32:30 PM

sounds good!

by: fndApr 2, 2014 8:15:49 PM

It would be great to have SSS here, because it sounds like they are more of a civics club than a social scene. We need more of that.

By: fnd
by: supDec 4, 2015 2:43:45 PM

NPC sororities are social groups that do good things...social groups. They aren't service groups. Want a service group, go join one. Yea....lots of greek confusion over here at Harvard. But y'all will learn.....

By: sup
#23  by: I vote   

I vote Tri Sigma and/or Delta Zeta

By: I vote
by: ^Apr 3, 2014 12:50:28 PM

second

#24  by: let's expand   

a committee needs to be started and political pressure needs to be put on Panhellenic to take action. there are a lot of people who don't like change.

By: let's expand
by: change?Apr 4, 2014 7:41:52 PM

to be fair...Panhellenic changed just last year by welcoming Alpha Phi. It's interesting how this board seems to express some magic exploding new interest in sororities when recruitment numbers have not changed hugely over the last three recruitments. I feel like a lot of people on this board don't even attend Harvard but are just advocating for the addition of their own chapter to Cambridge Panhellenic.

By: change?
by: ^Apr 6, 2014 1:55:18 PM

Recruitment and interest has gone up. I do agree that we should take it easy and let Alpha Phi establish.

#25  by: shepr   

I do go here and I would like to see Panhell expand. I love the sororities here, but would like to see more movement. Alpha Phi has been a great addition.

By: shepr
by: ^Apr 6, 2014 1:54:12 PM

I agree that movement is a good thing, but we should chill for a while and let Alpha Phi settle in.

#26  by: tri delta   

I agree that we should wait until Alpha Phi settles in. But we should get ready. What about tri delta?

By: tri delta
by: ^Apr 12, 2014 2:38:36 PM

yep

#27  by: anonn   

Phi Sigma Sigma is a very underrated sorority- my cousin joined a Midwest chapter and they're doing really well!

By: anonn
by: ^Apr 13, 2014 1:38:09 AM

could work.

#28  by: What about?   

What about Tri Delta? They were founded in Boston.

By: What about?
by: YesApr 15, 2014 11:36:38 PM

Tri Delta has a very strong national presence, and their Alpha chapter is at Boston University. Tri Delta's national philanthropy is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The addition of Tri Delta definitely has the potential to bring something new to the Greek community, after Alpha Phi has settled on campus.

By: Yes
by: finallyApr 18, 2014 2:30:56 PM

Sounds like tri delt would be a great addition. We would need a chapter with strong national support to keep up with the others.

By: finally
by: nahApr 21, 2014 9:33:12 PM

Tridelt is good and all, but if we add on it should be something a little more obscure and less obvious. It won't happen while we are here.

By: nah
by: it's possibleApr 30, 2014 1:30:31 PM

Tri delt would have a lot of support because their Alpha chapter is close by, and their nationals would definitely make sure they do well on our campus.

By: it's possible
#29  by: What about   

What about Alpha Delta Pi? They have a strong presence at BU. Their philanthropy is Ronald McDonald House Charities and they were the first sorority ever founded.

By: What about
by: favoritesJul 14, 2023 3:16:38 PM

I really like the idea of either Adpi or Kappa Delta -both very strong alumnae in the area

By: favorites
#30  by: Yeah   

Gamma Phi Beta would be good too... Strong west coast presence, but founded in Ny and the first house to be called a "sorority "

Philanthropy is "girls on the run"

By: Yeah
by: umApr 24, 2014 12:27:53 AM

why would we care about their "strong west coast presence"? is that even true?

By: um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.