facebook

bids

by: Question

If you get invited to only one preference party go and rank them. Do you get a bid from them ? At info night and send off parties I hear no girl will be left behind from the students and Pepp staff . But now I'm hearing you can find out Monday am before class that you are cut completely. Brutal !!!
Is that true. Someone also said the other houses you didn't rank could bid you. Or is that true. I know they call that Snap Bid but at other schools Snap bid if for houses that have room and they bid girls that dropped out. Why wouldn't Pepperdine just let me visit all the houses that invited me back so I met them and connected I haven't seen one of them since the first day rush.. I read the one response but after reading the Rush Book it said girls who do not receive an bid primarily are from not maximizing or suiciding . It did not say solely ---- many girls have one party
even southern crazy schools and USC give you one of your preference and if only one,you get that one.
Anyone been through this to give me a real answer not the Pepp PR answer And someone I asked said we can't tell you that's part of chapter secrets. It doesn't seem like a secret. Seems like it would be a rule

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Question    

Okay got my answer.
You can be dropped by one or two pref houses. Even if you maximinize options. Greek advisor will call you Monday. You then get a bid GPhi since it's the only one that doesn't meet quota If you decline Pepperdine says you dropped out that's how they tell eveyone that all girls receive a bid. They just need to be straight up up front with us. I like literally has to pry this info out. I didn't even meet a GPhi I met a USC GPhi. I've gone to nothing since open house. I don't even know them and I would have been happy to get to know them and the others this week. Uggg Hope this info helps eveyone too.

By: Question
#2  by: AP   

This is how it goes. It usually works out but if it doesn't, they offer you that bid at the end. It's trickier if you only have one house left. Pepperdine should honestly just put you in one from Pref Night . They shouldn't do this. It Is totally unkind. Pepperdine's favorite word is kind. They are trying to equalize the situation for GP but it doesn't work. We could have easily taken 20 more PNM and would not have affected sisterhood. We have no houses. We could take a PC of 50.
Actually would have been better for dues and events. The girls in GPhi are great and great asset to Pepperdine but it's small, girls drop out before they join. That's just the truth. They need alumni and other schools to run recruitment with them. So it keeps going round and round. Who would want to join them at the end of the week without going to their video philanthropy and pref events. Good Luck. And sophomores do welll with Rush. Juniors not so much but they still set aside a few spots. And if you end up with junior and senior friends in some house, that could help and some girls do drop as time goes on.

By: AP
#3  by: It's sad    

I'll be the one to say it. Pepperdine sets quota to achieve parity. It's in the bylaws. We could take more girls at many houses amd would love to but GPhi doesn't reach quota so we all have to take less. It says quota will benefit Panhellenic not PNM at all. So cuts will be made when Gphi doesn't have enough girls. And I have nothing negative to say about any Gphi. I actually don't understand the problem besides the recruitment events They try to do that before bid day but not always. Bylaws say you can then get a snap bid which would be from Gphi. I thought they told girls this is advance but I'm not sure. They don't want to do this. But ... This sounds mean but it's the way it is. Check the bylaws. And this is an accurate statement they don't have enough girls to run recruitment and alumni and other schools come. This year it was USC. In the end girls drop out and they have a smaller PC anyway so it just hurts the PNM girls All that P has to do is guarantee you a bid fen Pref and let our quota be larger. Let the PNM choose where they want to be. We are just as comepetive as bigger schools because we only let a chapter take 25 girls. This should not be a secret it's a Panhellenic bylaws not chapter selection. It's a secret becaise they don't want complaints from girls and families paying 70 grand. Give us an update ! Good luck

By: It's sad
by: turtlelovedoveSep 22, 2017 1:29:25 PM

Every chapter matched to quota or very close to it. Panhellenic on every campus uses quota/total to encourage parity. The only way quota and total can go up for all chapters is for more women to stay in recruitment through preference and after bid night.

By: turtlelovedove

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.