facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of West Georgia - UWGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 6 of 11
#51  by: Curious   

Where is the original thread of this conversation on Greekchat? Saw that it was mentioned below, but can't find it.

By: Curious
#52  by: Um   

I think that says Greekrank, not greekchat. You must go to West Georgia?

By: Um
#53  by: NattyFrat   

Frats are unhappy at WG. Does anyone care what we think? Biggest mistake ever made by our sororities. Do your homework next time before you vote on somethin so important! You see the new sorority's bid pics?? As I said, unhappy frats. Two other major national sororitys would've been better and woulda picked different members. wtf were yall thinkin?

By: NattyFrat
#54  by: What??   

I am not in a sorority. I considered rushing but decided against it. This website just completely enforced my opinio even greater!! You girls are supposed to be "sisters" right? How can you talk down to other girls doing the EXACT SAME THING as yourself just with a different cotton jersey with different greek letters on it? It makes no sense. Anyone willing to waste their time by posting slander and cutting people down on the INTERNET has no class whatsoever. Sororites hold the biggest cliche ever and this site proves it. Nothing but a bunch of jealous, insecure girls who get off on putting others down in a sad attempt to make themselves feel superior. It's sad. Aren't you all supposed to be role models and 'pillars' of the school? I'm not convinced. Come on ladies; you are ruining it for the few decent and good-hearted girls involved in Greek like. Get over the "ratings". Seriously! Agree to disagree and focus on yourself. Wow.

By: What??
#55  by: UGA ALUM   

Your facts are completely not true so let me help you out so you don't embarass yourself again. UGA Sigma Kappa has not struggled in rush for years and is considered by many to be a top house and has had top pledge classes. AGD has had no issues making quota and don't snap bid like XO, Theta (who has 16 last year, KKG,PM, and ADPi... It seems to me you have it backwards on who is bottom and who is top. Snap bids always show who is struggling. Please get your facts straight and keep your mouth shut.

By: UGA ALUM
#56  by: UGA alum 2   

Oh wow, it is very obvious. You are either a SK or an AGD. Ok, so this is how it really works. The top tier is very selective. They take more risks, unlike Sigma Kappa and AGD. Top tier only invites the top tier girls while SK and AGD invite whoever they can get. When top tier does do snap bids, they are still doing snap bids from within a group of top tier girls that mismatched. These are girls who wouldn't have given SK or AGD (the two worst houses at UGA) the time of day. How about get YOUR facts straight? You are obviously alum of a low tier house at UGA because you have no understanding of how we do things in the top tier. If we don't get who we want the first time, we'll pick them back up with snaps. The only top tier houses who don't end up with a lot of snaps are AOII and Zeta.

By: UGA alum 2
#57  by: UGA alum 2   

So in case you didn't understand it the first time around, all top sororities are competing for a core group of girls. Whether we get them through regular bids or snaps really doesn't matter in the long run. We will not sell ourselves short and hand out bids to anyone just to say we made quota. So this may be why you're saying that SK and AGD always make quota. You're right, they do make quota, because they aim very low. Sigma Kappa is top of bottom tier at best. Look at the condition of their house and the socials they have. It is shocking that West Ga invited them to their campus. But then again, maybe not. I mean, West Georgia = country. Look at the sororities websites and you can see that they are nothing like UGA's standards. No natural beauties, just fake tans, lots of makeup and lots of bleach.

#58  by: Frat Daddy   

Top-Phi Mu
Second-KD
Third-Tri Delt
then the rest...

By: Frat Daddy
#59  by: UGA Alum 2   

Your delusional. I AM a SIGMA KAPPA AT UGA CURRENTLY and preffed two "old row" houses and decided Sigma Kappa was right for me. A lot of my sisters preffed at top new row or old row houses. We have had top rushes ever since I have been a Sigma Kappa. Stop trying to put Sigma Kappa at UWG, UGA, or anywhere down OR AGD for that matter. In case you don't understand you didn't get enough girls who wanted to join your sorority so you had to snap bid... excuses won't change the fact you asked girls to join who didn't even make it through rush. Just own up to the fact your sorority could not make quota and most of New Row did. Every sorority at UGA has great girls even if they were snapped or not but I suggest you keep your mouth shut since you obviously are very out of touch with recruitment and for that matter Sigma Kappa's reputation.

By: UGA Alum 2
#60  by: UGA alum 2   

Ok Sigma Kappa, you obviously don't get it. It was explained three down that some old row UGA houses don't make quota on occasion because they are all competing for the same group of top tier 'core' girls. Sigma Kappa is not involved in this competition because you aren't top tier. Therefore, you have no risk of not making quota. Plenty of girls just want to be in ANY sorority at UGA, not matter what tier, ie. Sigma Kappa. My old row chapter DID make quota. For you to assume and state otherwise is really delusional on your part. A friend's old row chapter didn't make quota but they did snap some girls who mismatched among top houses. You are not in a top house and it seems that no matter how much I explain this process, you just don't get it. Some girls would rather mismatch or go gdi than go bottom tier houses. Sigma Kappa has improved but it is not nor is it ever likely to be top tier in the future. It'll be the same at WG. SK's rep everywhere has been lacking for yrs.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.