facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of West Georgia - UWGA General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 11
#21  by: UWG Sorority Girl   

WOW.. I am in a sorority at West Georgia. I went to all four presentations. I was most impressed with Sigma Kappa. Aopi and Adpi did not even try. We have not had a new sorority at west georgia in over 20 years. The greek system here is growing so much. We have a wonderful panhellenic group. We are very excited to have sigma kappa join us. When deciding which sorority, we did everything the correct way. Whoever you are writing on this... you need to come visit west ga before you start making terrible comments like this. Clearly you have no life and sit around on websites like this. Calling me a hick? Really... You must have no class at ALL! All of the sororities here at west ga offer something different. That's why there are different sororities in this world and not just one. We all get along great here and plan on keeping it this way. We are more than willing to help Sigma Kappa out and introduce them into our greek system.

By: UWG Sorority Girl
#22  by: UWG Sorority Girl   

Razorback Kappa... PLEASE stop commenting on West Ga's page. Go find some other people to argue with. We are in GA and we care NOTHING about your college or your sorority and greek life there! Get a life!

By: UWG Sorority Girl
#23  by: Razorback Kappa's   

First, to UGA KAPPA, we agree with you that SK is 'middle tier at UGA'. In our opinion they are your low middle tier. We also agree that UGA's admission requirements are high and that WG sorority girls would see what a real sorority looks like if they were to visit UGA. You have beautiful houses just like we do, with the exception of UGA'S SIGMA KAPPA house and one other. It's debatable as to whether our houses might be a little more spectacular than yours though.

By: Razorback Kappa's
#24  by: Razorback Kappa's   

Cont'd from below. We do agree that ARK and UGA are top greek systems and wg girls would probably be blown away if they visited either of our campus.

#25  by: Razorback Kappa's   

Our opinion is that the two top tier chapters did not want to have a colony at wg, hence their lackluster presentations. That is presentation etiquette for top nationals, including Kappa and Pi Beta Phi, to accept a request for presentation but to give a polite brush off via the presentation. This is much kinder than not doing the presentation at all. Sigma Kappa really needs a good chapter in the south while the other two sororities already have many. In that regard, wg has done a very charitable thing by offering extension to SK. I just hope the other wg greeks help rather than sabotage a sorority with limited resources. Btw,this topic originally came from a greekchat debate. As a result of that debate, many ppl decided to come to this site to comment.

#26  by: UGAGreek   

What is a top chapter at some schools isn't considered a top at others... You can find this by looking at every Greek system. UGA has 17 sororities and honestly almost every house is equal in that UGA gets great selection when it comes to rush and most houses are very happy with their new girls and vice versa. Some houses are better than others at first glance and might be considered "lackluster" but on the inside most of the houses are beautiful and the girls come to love it either way. Most of the time its the girls in the house and not the house or their name that makes the girls choose where they go. I'm sure if SK pledges quality girls they will do fine at West Georgia... I also just don't like seeing a smaller Greek System being bullied and being called "hick" when I personally know a lot of girls there that are the complete opposite of this. Sure every school has their "hicks" especially in the South but I highly doubt this is going to hold true with women in sororities.

By: UGAGreek
#27  by: UGAgirl   

Wow, didn't realize I was writing so much. This is a continuation from below. WG is in a rural area, not hicktown. I personally think both Adpi and Aopi would've overrun that greek system at WG and made it hard for the current sororities there to continue thriving. In addition, Sigma Kappa really doesn't have many strong chapters, especially in the south. So, it seems like the best decision was made: WG can be comfortable with their choice and feel on par with SK rather than as if SK is coming in ahead of them, as the other sororities would have AND WG is offering a helping to a sorority with very good potential at a smaller school, like WG. I think either SK or DPhiE would be an excellent fit for WG. SK's UGA's house is pretty and modern on the inside, not a lot of antiques and glamour like the other UGA houses, but it is lacking on the outside. I have some Sigma Kappa friends who will be the first to admit that they want the facade of their house redone.

By: UGAgirl
#28  by: Razorback Kappa   

Univ of Arkansas is on par with the best greek systems in the country, including Ole Miss, UT Knoxville, Clemson, USC (South Carolina) and USC (Southern Cal), UCLA, Auburn, Elon, Vanderbilt, Florida, Florida State and UGA and a few others. We have one of the oldest greek systems and through that experience and many many failed attempts by various sororities to develop a healthy chapter at UA, our alum have learned how to pick the best chapter when extension comes around and they have also learned which chapters are the best nationally and are really capable of representing our campus well. I'm sorry if you don't like my language but this is the way it is within a respected greek system. I'm sure UGA has the same experience. They may not be saying it on here but I have friends that go to school there who will acknowledge the weaker chapter, Sigma Kappa being one of those. I do think however, that Sigma Kappa needs chapters somewhere and it was nice of you to offer the extension.

By: Razorback Kappa
#29  by: Razorback Kappa   

There will be a new chapter at UA in the near future. Can't wait. It has been a long selection and planning process. Any chapter that is to succeed at our school has to have the alum and $ support to build a nice and large home, as you see with AOPi's new house and to meet the demands of our greek community. We are very excited about the new chapter. It will be announced early next year. Selection then extension is no light thing. It's very important and it just seems that WG went about it very flippantly.

By: Razorback Kappa
#30  by: WGgirl   

I am a greek at West Ga and I have a cousin who is a greek at Arkansas. My family and I are very disappointed with West Georgia. I will be transferring to a larger school, but I do think it's a shame that opinions from all sorority women weren't taken into account. I have been wanting to vent that for awhile and I feel better now that I did. My little sister will not be going to WG now and I am ready to leave. I know that many other WG girls feel the same. I just want to put that out here for people reading this website. Just know that we all weren't in agreement with the choice to invite Sigma Kappa to colonize at West Georgia. I believe things happen for a reason though, and that is my cue to leave WG. BTW, my cousin IS a Kappa Kappa Gamma at Arkansas. She is part of a very good chapter and I think she was just trying to give you all an idea of what other chapters are like at other schools. Something I really wish you would've taken into account before you voted.

By: WGgirl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.