facebook

fall 13' informal

by: pha informer

hi potentials, in order to go through recruitment you need to register on PHA's website, then some combination of these chapters will invite you out to lunch, snacks, coffee, etc.

TriDelta
ChiO
Fuzzie
AXO
AEPhi
AOII

You must be a sophomore, and if you have any friends or even girls you know from class in these chapters REC LETTERS really help during informal because you won't get to meet as many of the girls. Best of luck to all of you and I hope you find a place to call home and a sisterhood to fall in love with.

Posted By: pha informer
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 5
#21  by: SOPHIE   

yea good question ^^ in the same sense, how long after visiting the tri delt open house will we hear from them? rumors are that fuzzy already has emailed some girls so i wasnt sure if i should have heard back from tri delt yet. thanks

By: SOPHIE
by: fyiSep 5, 2013 8:48:07 PM

Tridelt had a way larger turn out so they have more people to get ahold of, but youll probably be contacted in the next two days

By: fyi
by: DDD Sep 6, 2013 11:45:02 AM

If TriDelt had a larger turn out, many girls probably won't be contacted. I would recommend that if you have other options that you want to explore, to just do so.

By: DDD
by: meSep 6, 2013 3:13:13 PM

everyone should be emailed by now.

By: me
by: nopeSep 6, 2013 7:06:55 PM

best friends and house mates with a TriDelt, they are setting up their COBs for this weekend and next week

By: nope
#22  by: ddd   

did tri delt already send all emails about COBs? i have a friend who already heard when her time was and im worried my survey didnt go through

By: ddd
by: i think soSep 8, 2013 6:51:43 PM

I went on a COB this afternoon with some girls, email their people in charge

By: i think so
#23  by: BID   

how does the bidding process work? i heard they call you and you have to say accept or deny on the spot, is this true? what if you receive multiple bids?

By: BID
#24  by: ya   

PHA emails you the bid and you have 24 hours to accept.

By: ya
#25  by: ?   

is CHIO even still doing informal?

By: ?
by: noSep 8, 2013 11:46:01 PM

they had girls that transferred from other schools

By: no
by: CORSep 9, 2013 2:21:03 PM

Lots of chapters that were under total chose not to COR just for a couple of openings. In the end, Chi O did the same.

By: COR
#26  by: fuzzy   

if a sorority extends bids out to a certain number of people, and not all accept, will they extend more out to other PNMs?

By: fuzzy
by: yes but noSep 9, 2013 11:39:16 AM

yes they would, but everyone except Tridelt has sent out their number of bids and have had girls accept them. I'm not exactly sure what Tridelt is doing as far as COBs, Open houses, etc. anymore, but if you haven't recieved a bid either contact them or wait until formal

By: yes but no
by: DDDSep 9, 2013 2:22:41 PM

Not necessarily. i'm not in Tri Delt but they have the option to not send out the additional bids and just take the girls that had accepted.

By: DDD
#27  by: curious   

even alpha xi delta? i just had a COB with them last night, are you saying they have already sent bids out today?

By: curious
by: re: curiousSep 9, 2013 2:18:45 PM

they only had one spot left to fill from COBs

By: re: curious
#28  by: curious   

wow okay, so girls have been contacted? or they have sent bids to PHA but girls will still be contacted?

By: curious
#29  by: GDI not by choice   

wow thats disappointing, do you know how many girls were given bids?

By: GDI not by choice
#30  by: Formal   

I know there are a lot of disappointed girls out there, but now is the time to prepare for Formal Recruitment:
-keep your grades up. Sure 2.5 is the minimum GPA but regardless of what each chapter posts, they will focus in on higher GPAs. Many times a chapter's GPA that they want for a new member is higher than posted because no chapter wants to be in the basement on grades.
-get involved. Nuff said.
-meet as many girls from as many chapters over the next 3 months.
-don't be rude to anybody and don't speak bad of other chapters.
-don't do anything stupid on campus the rest of the semester, including boys, booze, beds.
-get recs for every chapter by asking friends from home, your teachers, friends of your parents if they know anyone in a sorority willing to write you a rec. While a stranger can write one, a rec from someone who has known you for a long time will go further.
-when it comes time for Formal Recruitment, keep an open mind. While everyone wants to same houses, they can't invite everyone back.

By: Formal
by: LikeSep 10, 2013 8:50:10 AM

Where is the "Like" button when you need it?

By: Like

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.