facebook

fall 13' informal

by: pha informer

hi potentials, in order to go through recruitment you need to register on PHA's website, then some combination of these chapters will invite you out to lunch, snacks, coffee, etc.

TriDelta
ChiO
Fuzzie
AXO
AEPhi
AOII

You must be a sophomore, and if you have any friends or even girls you know from class in these chapters REC LETTERS really help during informal because you won't get to meet as many of the girls. Best of luck to all of you and I hope you find a place to call home and a sisterhood to fall in love with.

Posted By: pha informer
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 5
#11  by: ....   

I'm confused. I mean is this the difinitive list of the chapters particpating? I don't want to email them and it turns out they aren't participating?

By: ....
by: AGDSep 2, 2013 9:45:37 AM

PHA has sent an email out to the chapters and Ive talked to my friends in the different chapters, basically heres the breakdown now;

TriDelt (recruiting, open house on Wed. night)
ChiO (was going to but has enough transfers they changed their mind)

Fuzzie (all the ones Ive talked to have no clue whats going on)

AXO (trying to get organized to have a open house)

AEPhi
AOPi (both have no clue whats going on either)

At this point email the VPM of PHA and of each of the chapters, some wont be showing their houses and will just be going on girl dates with you like getting coffee, snacks, w/e & some are having the open houses

By: AGD
by: re: AGDSep 2, 2013 12:09:24 PM

in continuation of what she said, AOPi is only taking a couple girls like 3 or less so theyre just doing Sprite dates with girls they already know

By: re: AGD
#12  by: inside   

I think DDD, AEPhi, and Fuzzie are all taking over 10. AXO is taking a decent number, and AOPi is taking 2; ChiO maybe 4 tops.

As for events, I know both DDD and Fuzzie are having an event Wednesday night, but I'd keep a look out for AXO having one within the next week.

AEPhi was supposed to recruit informally last year, and didn't so idk what's up with them, and ChiO and AOPi will probably just sprite date.

By: inside
#13  by: ddd   

I registered for recruitment online and am interested in going to the open house at DDD on wednesday, but how or when will we find out information? I emailed the vp of r for DDD and haven't gotten a response

By: ddd
by: hiSep 2, 2013 7:26:42 PM

asked my old roommate & she said its from 7-9 (i think, idr if its 9/9:30)

By: hi
#14  by: ddd   

thank you! do we just show up? or..

By: ddd
by: best of luckSep 2, 2013 9:09:36 PM

yepp

By: best of luck
#15  by: kkk   

what should someone wear to an open house? I know it says it is casual, but how dressed up should you get?

By: kkk
by: Add onSep 3, 2013 12:42:37 PM

"Snappy Casual" is a term used very frequently in PHA. In other words, wear a cute top or tank, shorts/ jeans/ capris and some cute accessories. Look like yourself with a bit of polish. You can stay for all two hours or for 15 minutes. Personally, I would make sure to visit other houses as well to increase your chance at getting a bid and widen your options. Best of luck :)

By: Add on
#16  by: ?   

^^good question. and you say we can just show up.. do they need to know if were attending ahead of time? I find it hard to believe that once registered you can literally just show up at the house?

By: ?
by: re: kkk and ?Sep 3, 2013 11:09:11 AM

you actually do just show up at any point during the open house, you can stay as long as you want or even just drop by for a half hour, most times open houses have little munchies and are more relaxed, put on a cute outfit that youd wear to a picnic. so if youre a dress girl thats fine, if youre a shorts with a cute tank kinda girl that works too

By: re: kkk and ?
#17  by: ?   

So, if I registered for both DDD and Fuzzie's events on Wednesday, can I go to both? I think they're at the same time :(

By: ?
by: yesSep 3, 2013 5:24:23 PM

just pick which you think youre more interested in to go to first, just in case you get stuck in a conversation and then are not be able to see the house youre more interest in. Both of those houses have nice girls though and will be understanding of you wanting to see the other's

By: yes
#18  by: dddd   

How long does the entire process normally take? Like when is bid day...how long after an open house do you normally hear back...etc?

By: dddd
by: DependsSep 5, 2013 8:19:45 AM

The chapters will be trying to setup COBs with you during the next two weeks and it will be during that time that they send you bids

By: Depends
#19  by: me   

so what we should be looking out for are emails for COBs? and then during that theyll decide if they want you or not? how many COBs do you typically go on before getting a bid or is it still hard to get one? will they email you no matter what if they dont want you at all? like to say thanks for the interest but no thanks. sorry for so many questions haha im just really confused!

By: me
by: DependsSep 5, 2013 11:58:06 AM

If the chapter really likes you it could be just one COB then an email with a bid, or if you're on the cusp it could be one or two maybe three. Then you'll have 24hoirs to accept your bid. Also you receive your bid from PHA not directly from the chapter so no they won't contact you if you don't

By: Depends
#20  by: me   

so how long after the open house should we expect to get an e-mail with a COB date? like could it really be two weeks from now or will it probably be in the next few days

By: me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.