facebook

fall 13' informal

by: pha informer

hi potentials, in order to go through recruitment you need to register on PHA's website, then some combination of these chapters will invite you out to lunch, snacks, coffee, etc.

TriDelta
ChiO
Fuzzie
AXO
AEPhi
AOII

You must be a sophomore, and if you have any friends or even girls you know from class in these chapters REC LETTERS really help during informal because you won't get to meet as many of the girls. Best of luck to all of you and I hope you find a place to call home and a sisterhood to fall in love with.

Posted By: pha informer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 5
#1  by: PNM   

Do you know when the registration will be up on the website?

By: PNM
by: pha informerAug 27, 2013 11:26:39 PM

it should be now because the chapters have received preliminary lists of potential new members, but dont worry it takes no time at all to register and registration doesnt close until the day before bid day

By: pha informer
#2  by: register   

I looked on the PHA's website and there doesn't say anything about where to register for informal.. help!

By: register
#3  by: gpa??   

I know the GPA requirement to participate in formal rush next semester is a 2.5 minimum, does that count for informal rush as well? Or can you do informal rush with lower than that, even by a little, if it matters at all?

By: gpa??
#4  by: soph   

is there an open house before they invite you out places? it seems weird to me that they invite you before they even know you?

By: soph
by: open housesAug 29, 2013 9:48:28 AM

my friend in tridelt said they are having one on wednesday evening, and then chio is still trying to figure out a time to have one. If you want to register or have any questions just email the PHA VPM (her email should be on the website) or any chapter that is participating's VPM

By: open houses
#5  by: Wondering   

are these the only houses participating? How do you know?

By: Wondering
by: UrbanFanAug 31, 2013 8:43:58 PM

Panhel chapter total the first week of classes and based on that, the chapters determined the number of openings. The chapters not participating either didn't have space (at or over total) or decided they only had 1 or 2 openings and it wasn't worth their time.

By: UrbanFan
by: UrbanFanAug 31, 2013 8:45:42 PM

Panhel set chapter total the first week of classes and based on that, the chapters determined the number of openings. The chapters not participating either didn't have space (at or over total) or decided they only had 1 or 2 openings and it wasn't worth their time.

By: UrbanFan
#6  by: waithwhat?   

so....does that mean this is the 100% definite list of the chapters participating? Or is it still slightly up in the air?

By: waithwhat?
by: pretty solidSep 1, 2013 9:17:25 AM

the only ones who might not on this list is ChiO bc they have transfers from other schools

By: pretty solid
#7  by: waithwhat?   

is it hard to get a bid with a competitive/top house is you're a sophomore and also don't know anyone in the house?

By: waithwhat?
by: top tierSep 1, 2013 10:11:06 AM

You sound desperate, so we probably wouldn't want you.

By: top tier
#8  by: kas   

How do we sign up if there isn't a link up yet and we emailed the VP of recruitment and still have yet to get a reply?

By: kas
by: emailSep 1, 2013 3:52:23 PM

all of the chapters VPMs or which you are interested in

By: email
#9  by: pnm   

how are we supposed to know when these events are? i signed up awhile ago but have yet to receive any info

By: pnm
by: EmailSep 1, 2013 4:32:05 PM

Email somebody in their chapter. Most have websites with all of the chapters eboard info

By: Email
by: right nowSep 2, 2013 9:35:49 AM

I think the only one who has scheduled something thats been approved by PHA is DDD, ChiO has decided not to recruit, and AXO has been unsuccessfully trying to schedule something, while Fuzzie, AOPi, and AEPhi all are just running around with their heads cut off

By: right now
by: lllSep 2, 2013 1:05:13 PM

AXO isn't having an open house since they aren't taking as many girls as DDD. They have a list of girls they are interested in and are just contacting them to go on dates with members.

By: lll
#10  by: ....   

how do we know these are the only/determined chapters participating in informal recruitment? I don't want to email someone who's going to say they aren't participating?

By: ....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.