by: Trizzle

Houses going tonight:
Sk, Fiji, Delta chi
Chi O and Delt
APhi, Sig Pi, and TKE
Tri Delt, Sig Chi, and Beta Sig
AXO and Phi Kapp

Predictions??
my guess: Chi O and AXO will be the only ones going to finals, APhi may surprise us. No hope for SK or Delta.

So far: production dance SUCKED. wtf was that??

Posted By: Trizzle
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: Nice things   

APhi: Best accents, great set, amazing dances. Best of the night.
AXO: Funny, great costumes, that grandma character stole the show.
SK: Step routine, video and group number were all really different and cool
Chi-O: The princes were hilarious, the minion/toy story dance was awesome
Delta: Kristin Stewart was on point and Taylor Swift was amazing.

By: Nice things
#22  by: ..    

I love how we're talking about how SK had a drunk character but nobody is talking about how half of Deltas skit actors were actually drunk on that stage. What an absolute nightmare. I mean I get it that you're the pretty girl house and you don't care but it was pretty embarrassing. And I feel terrible because your dancers were pretty good. If Delta actually tried they might be able to put something halfway decent together.

By: ..
by: flingyOct 23, 2013 3:03:08 PM

^^^^ agreed Dorothy was hammered

By: flingy
#23  by: truth   

AXO was best by far overall. Chi O had the best dance and a good storyline but may have gone over time. APhi was solid but not spectacular. Delta was horrendous. SK was God awful but at least they tried their best. I would just hate to go up their first and then have to watch each skit after me completely destroy my house on stage. I don't feel bad for SK though, they're new and they'll learn. I feel bad for Fiji though, they have been trying to make a name for themselves and got stuck with the worst possible house with no experience. I really feel bad for delta chi! they're a good skit house!! sucks to be dragged down by two inexperienced houses.

By: truth
by: lolOct 22, 2013 12:43:46 PM

"i dont feel bad for SK...but I feel bad for fiji" lol seriously?? as if sk is not trying to make a name for themselves as well? I for one was not expecting ANYTHING from them and was blown away..

By: lol
by: umOct 22, 2013 6:21:02 PM

did you mean blown away by how bad Sk's peformance was? because I agree. actually, the entire greek community agrees. better luck next year. like someone already said below - you don't place overall in skit, you don't place overall in homecoming at all. It's worth too many points. Why do you think the same houses that win over and over again? Because they are good skit houses. end of story.

By: um
by: HAOct 28, 2013 1:10:33 AM

sk got second in skit… I'm dying at your opinion

By: HA
#24  by: finals   

the only houses that have a chance at finals are AXO, Chi O if time isn't an issue, APhi if all the other skits suck the next 2 nights. SK and delta are out. If I had to bet, both AXO and Chi O will go, they usually do.

By: finals
#25  by: HOCO   

everyone knows that if you don't go to fling finals you have no chance in placing top 5 in homecoming overall. Sucks for the talentless houses from night 1

By: HOCO
#26  by: HoCo    

Listen, there are no Talent Finals for HoCo. That's Greek Week. So about half of you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

By: HoCo
by: WowOct 22, 2013 3:48:06 PM

You're an idiot.

By: Wow
by: GuestOct 22, 2013 5:43:21 PM

No, she's right. There are no finals for HOCO, only Greek Week. Check your attitude.

By: Guest
#27  by: done   

night 1 is over, quit your whining. Night 2 will be 10X better anyways. the only decent skits from night 1 was AXO and Chi O. shows over, let's move on.

By: done
#28  by: truth   

axo>aphi>chio>ddd>sk

axo-very well done overall. incorporated their theme as well as mizzou homecoming and was still funny+easy to follow.

aphi-big props were great. good acting and dancing. surprisingly funny.

chio-dances and costumes were good. plot hard to follow.

ddd-potentially funny premise, but completely half-assed acting

sk-what was that? the step dance was pretty original though

#29  by: truth   

1. AXO
2. APhi
3. SK
4. Chi O
5. DDD

AXO killed it.

APhi was creative and original, but didn't personally meet my expectations...I mean they had NYC and it was good but not as good as I was expecting.

SK did the best with what they had. I thought it was cute and the dances were clean and unique.

Chi O went over and was kind of a mess...a really big disappointment considering they had Disney to work with...If they hadn't gone over time it would have been better but at this point they are going to lose a lot of points.

I'm not going to even comment on TriDelt...

Kill me for liking SK. I know this site is wehatesigmakappa.com and everything but props to them for pulling off a skit that didn't completely suck after being dealt Philadelphia.

by: ThisOct 23, 2013 12:00:04 PM

I agree with this! With the themes they were given, I thought Chi O and Aphi could have done a lot more. AXO was fantastic! I liked SK’s step routine and group number, and if they had done faster dances it would have been really good. Tri Delt’s was just weird.

By: This
by: No!Oct 28, 2013 11:24:04 AM

I watched all the skits, SK was not good! I'm sorry but I feel like the only reason they placed high is bc all the better skits either went over time or had crude humor. So congrats on placing by default I guess? I dunno Kappa had almost an identical skit as SK and it was wayyyy funnier and the dances were top. SK played it safe and it played out for them, but they're skit was not considered "good"

By: No!
by: Who cares?Oct 28, 2013 11:31:03 AM

It doesn’t matter what you think of SK, it matters what the JUDGES think, and they liked them. Sorry your house didn’t place, but you don’t have to hate on a house that did well.

By: Who cares?
#30  by: Truth   

Sigma Kappa did not do well. What they did place in, their pairing had to help them and carried them through to the finish line. If the rumors in Greek Town are true, FIJI and Delta Chi are entirely over Sigma Kappa. The picture I saw last night of their announcements party at Midway was only of 16 people. Good luck next Sigma Kappa, you're going to need it.

By: Truth
by: okayOct 28, 2013 1:12:52 PM

I heard Delta Chi barely helped with anything because they didnt want to be with Sigma Kappa

By: okay
by: dchiOct 28, 2013 1:47:20 PM

dchi and sk both ranked each other first for hoco sooooo nice try

By: dchi
by: Haha what?Oct 28, 2013 2:26:54 PM

You can tell some people are getting scared over SK. Delta Chi, Fiji, and SK ended with a great relationship, and spreading lies on this website won’t change that, or the fact that they’ll probably get a decent pairing for greek week now in which the skit matters more.

By: Haha what?
by: WelcomeOct 28, 2013 3:27:24 PM

Welcome to the big time, SK. This is your initation ritual into actually being taken Seriously. It happens to many houses, including my own. People just wanna find a way to knock you down when you've done so well. They don't want to see you succeed, they want to see you fail. The first time we started placing consistently in homecoming, people said it was our pairing that did all the work. But the. We placed again, and again, and continue to place more often than not. And as soon as you don't place, your head will be on a target. Just look at the ridiculous thread on kid and axo. The first year neither of them placed overall and the jealous girls come out taking every opportunity to knock them back down so their own house can jump the ranks. It's a dog eat dog world out there, but it's not new bullying. It's the same old people that are threatened about their presence slipping away on campus. Keep up the good work, keep your heads up, keep placing if you can. We got your back.

By: Welcome

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.