by: Trizzle

Houses going tonight:
Sk, Fiji, Delta chi
Chi O and Delt
APhi, Sig Pi, and TKE
Tri Delt, Sig Chi, and Beta Sig
AXO and Phi Kapp

Predictions??
my guess: Chi O and AXO will be the only ones going to finals, APhi may surprise us. No hope for SK or Delta.

So far: production dance SUCKED. wtf was that??

Posted By: Trizzle
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: chio   

ChiO went 25 seconds over..

By: chio
#12  by: Delta   

Ok now tridelts was hard to sit through....

By: Delta
by: AgreeOct 23, 2013 10:12:23 AM

Yeah I was disappointed

By: Agree
#13  by: time    

they will only lose points for going over time.

By: time
#14  by: really??   

I couldn't even understand what ChiO's plot was!! with going overtime, they definitely don't stand a chance.. its like they just threw a whole bunch of funny characters on at once- it was too much

By: really??
#15  by: huh   

Personally didn't find ChiO too great either..Good idea, but they didn't do well with communicating it. Kinda random and choppy in my opinion.

By: huh
#16  by: opinion   

Overall, without going into plot vs. dancing vs. props vs. time here's what i think

XO > AXO > Aphi > SK > Delta

By: opinion
by: plot and danceOct 22, 2013 12:17:38 AM

I'd say AXO > APhi > XO > SK > Delta

By: plot and dance
by: GuestOct 22, 2013 1:36:02 AM

APhi>AXO>SK>XO>Delta

By: Guest
by: YesOct 22, 2013 1:45:38 AM

^^^ agree with APhi>AXO>SK>XO>Delta

By: Yes
#17  by: REAL rankings   

ok enough with "tiers"!!! coming from someone with acting experience, these are the rankings.
taking into consideration: plot. characterization, can you HEAR what they are saying? are they saying their lines TO the audience?

Aphi/sk are tied... both showed equal acting talent. APhi's set KILLEd it though, as well as dance. though SK's plot was funnier and more creative, (as well as their intro vid)
AXO I LOVED the old people dance!! Still very funny
XO This just wasn't having it for me. I couldnt understand what on earth was going on.. I did LOVE the minion vs toy story dance though!!!
Delta.. just LOL wtf was that

Let's not pick on the "mid tier" houses and favor the ones that already do well, and give credit where it is due. Not saying alpha phi or SK (or even AXO for that matter) could win homecoming.. but come on guys, talent is clearly their strong suit

By: REAL rankings
by: Hm. Oct 21, 2013 11:57:54 PM

AGREED. Coming from a theater background it's pretty clear who did well and who didn't. It doesn't matter if your skit is funny if nobody can hear it. I sense a lot of jealousy on this page from "upper tier" houses that paled in comparison to "low tier" houses. Face facts, Delta and Chi-O got shown up by houses they think are below them. Delta tried to let their looks carry them once again and it flopped. And Chi-O did what Chi-O always does, made a really "awkward funny" skit that was all awkward, very little funny. I'm sorry y'all sucked by I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if Delta or Chi-O made top five in skit. Not after that. Again not saying that SK/AXO or APhi will make top five but theirs were way better.

By: Hm.
#18  by: Best   

AXO was the best by far!!! Had the best story line and best dance hands down. I was not expecting this from them

By: Best
#19  by: Spectator   

I thought the Delta skit was sort of lame. I couldn't understand what they were saying half the time. Really expected more from that pairing. AXO blew me away. I can't wait for tonight.

By: Spectator
#20  by: Underdogs rose above   

I'm going to break each house down by technical elements. Chi o had a lot of creativity and good costumes. Their props weren't exceptional and their acting and storyline were not good. The dances were very entertaining and together but they technically didn't have many tricks. Their skit went over time.

Sigma kappas skit was not great. Their intro video was good but that was the end of funny. They weren't able to pull off the accents, their props weren't anything special and the drunken main character might be judged as distasteful. Their dances were slow and not together.

Alpha phi had one of the two best skits of the night. Like it or not, alpha phi has been doing well in skit. They had a good storyline, good acting, and cool multi level backdrops. Their dances were technically sound and loaded with tricks.

Deltas was real bad. No explanation needed here.

Axo had the other best skit of the night. Their lead old lady had phenomenal acting, it was tasteful, their boat prop was amazing. Their dances were good not great like chi o and a phi.

Overall either axo or a phi won this round.

By: Underdogs rose above

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.