facebook

kappa delta

by: It's official

Kappa Delta will be colonizing at UWF. But my alum friends say the greek system isn't strong enough to support another chapter. Thoughts?

Posted By: It's official
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: GreekAlum   

It isn't. The four sororities still have a lot of work to do before bringing another sorority in. There is still way to much cattiness and stupid drama. We all need to get along better before we start bringing in newer sororities.

By: GreekAlum
#2  by: PanLove   

I think we are ready. We will still be drawing from the same pool of girls. A good sorority will make everyone step up their game, and what is so bad about that?

By: PanLove
#3  by: PanPan   

We are not ready. The Greek system is not large enough to support another sorority. Once Greek Life becomes more popular and demanding then we will be able to expand.

By: PanPan
#4  by: Y'all suck   

The Greek already don't take PNM who really want to be in a sorority. So why add another one when it is going to be an EPIC FAIL. The Greeks really need to open their eyes and not their "will you be a replica of me?" view.

By: Y'all suck
#5  by: brute   

Please God yes. More competition will raise standards. I'm so tired of hearing the same four chants over and over again!

By: brute
#6  by: Arlen   

I think its a good idea, it will get the other girls to work harder in other sororities. But on the flip side....It will be bringing in less girls for other sororities...so the prices will most likely go up

By: Arlen
#7  by: Panlov   

NO WAY is UWF ready for another sorority! the four that are there now are still learning about Greek Unity. KD needs to not come n campus and needs to wait. KD will ruin our greek system right now. We are not strong enough at all!!

By: Panlov
#8  by: UwfStudent   

This is ridiculous, they are trying to get their system big when the quota for every sorority is not that big...how is that helping to get more Greeks? And all the four sororities on campus need to work on greek unity is so sad that all of them have to be competing with each other in a bad way and criticizing other sorority's standards.

By: UwfStudent
#9  by: Arlen   

Why would it be competing....Its just adding another sorority... If you look at adding another sorority as competing....you might want to leave the greek system... and it gives people more options....bigger greek sytem...the more people will see their are a lot of greeks and might want to join....

By: Arlen
#10  by: It could be good   

We have room for KD. The problem isn't that we aren't strong enough to have another chapter on campus- it is that we are too lazy and do not want the competition of a powerhouse sorority.(high GPA standards, southern roots, strong tradition and a reputation for sisterhood)

Look the fact is, if we want to improve Greek Life at UWF we have to GROW it, we have the ability to do it, but we are settled into this lazy attitude and it is hurting us! There are problems on our campus for sure, but if we could actually work toward something bigger and better the whole system could be improved.

There are somethings that could seriously help us. 1)The quality of girls this year is going to go to be stronger, everyone knows it. This alone is going to help Greek Life, i.e. stronger pledges, with higher GPAs to start. It is up to us to attract and retain these girls. 2)If a certain sorority on campus could really get themselves together, and start trying again, i.e.don't give up. 3) If Greek unity could be a top priority with both the sororities and fraternities 4)If we started to really ACT like sororities and fraternities and not "clubs"5) If we worked on our social schedules and made them stronger (homecoming presence, more real mixers) more interesting -- we would attract more members and raise the entire standards of the system.

The addition of KD should not hurt us- it should make us work harder and improve.

By: It could be good

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.