facebook

the truth about wealth about smu

by: top tier bish

Reply with your knowledge and observations of the lifestyles of wealthy girls at smu. Do not reply with rude remarks or ignore the question. Greekrank has been boring lately so let's spice things up ladies.

Posted By: top tier bish
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: Shallow   

How materialistic and shallow can all of you be!

And the point of your degree from SMU is......

By: Shallow
by: AspenMar 17, 2020 4:40:24 AM

It has a sub par business school and ——— that’s it.

By: Aspen
by: AMar 18, 2020 3:46:35 AM

🙄 some people just love to be critical🤷🏼‍♀️

By: A
#22  by: hey   

I'm a sophomore in one of the "big three" sororitys and I'm very blessed to have grown up with the lifestyle I did. Me and my siblings attended private schools from K-12 and had private tutors at our fingertips. Summers were always extremely fun and care free. My family has a vacation home in Nantucket where we spent most summers with our friends and close relatives. I've been to just about every hot European destination you can think of and I go back to many of them on a regular basis. I was never expected to work once I got older. I did have an internship at a law firm during the summer after my junior year but I was never forced to do it. Working at a grocery store or a restaurant never even crossed my mind as a possibility. Since coming to SMU, I have met many people who can relate to my experiences and many who were less fortunate. I was raised to be grateful for everything that I have and to stay humble.

By: hey
by: ?Feb 15, 2020 8:02:46 PM

Wait, you're a sophomore but you had an internship after your junior year? Get your lies straight.

By: ?
by: HahaFeb 16, 2020 9:25:04 AM

My junior year in high school.

By: Haha
by: in pktFeb 27, 2020 11:20:13 PM

Literally no one who summers in Nantucket would ever even consider SMU... Not dissing SMU or anything, but it’s really not their style. Nantucket types look down on schools like Stanford and USC, let alone SMU (which is basically a Southern USC and a less JAP-py Tulane).... Also doesn’t sound really humble talking about private school and not being able to imagine working as a waitress.

By: in pkt
#23  by: polly   

There's a girl I know who's literally never at school because her family is always travelling or doing something exciting. She and her sister are always relaxing and pampering themselves like princesses LOL. It's goals honestly.

By: polly
by: LolFeb 15, 2020 8:36:28 PM

That ain’t goals when you’re pretty much nothing without your parents.

By: Lol
by: in pktFeb 27, 2020 1:56:54 PM

I know who this is lol MM...

by: YES OMGFeb 27, 2020 5:01:11 PM

LOL YOU GOT IT HAHA

By: YES OMG
by: in pktFeb 27, 2020 11:24:03 PM

ngl they really are goals though! Love both their senses of style as well!!

#24  by: Rich isnt bad   

This type of wealth and privilege exists at every top private university! Why pick on SMU? Same as at TCU, USC, Tulane, Stanford, LMU, the Ivies, WashU, Northwestern, Lehigh, etc etc. All of these schools have very rich kids who pay full tuition which, thankfully, allows the school to admit more students and offer aid to students that couldnt otherwise afford to attend. Honestly, this is good for everyone. Get some perspective, people!!!

By: Rich isnt bad
by: Greetings From UT!Feb 24, 2020 6:08:22 PM

Comparing SMU to "the Ivies," Tulane, Northwestern, USC and particularly Stanford is hilarious! Look at their acceptance rates (and UT's, of course). Look at their student bodies: Very diverse, versus 90+ % privileged white kids. Look at their young alumni. (And no, being Vice President if your dad's company doesn't count - they will can you once Daddy is gone).

So you are comparing apples and oranges. For most of the schools you mentioned, a future employer (other than Daddy) would not put those schools and SMU in the same category, and the same with grad school selection panels (though I guess most SMU girls aren't interested in grad school, as it gets in the way of Junior League activities).

Bottom line: The schools you mentioned may also have wealthy students, but they have smart, ambitious, diverse (including politically diverse) student bodies. You guys are stagnating from your glory years!

Hook'em!

By: Greetings From UT!
by: ^ UT TrollFeb 24, 2020 9:12:28 PM

UT attack post.

Return the favor on the UT GR site.

By: ^ UT Troll
by: Rich isn't badFeb 28, 2020 5:10:53 PM

UT salty because their tennis coach is a crook. sry not sorry longhorns, at least SMU has standards;

By: Rich isn't bad
by: Rich isn't badFeb 28, 2020 5:11:33 PM

UT salty because their tennis coach is a crook. sry not sorry longhorns, at least SMU has standards;

By: Rich isn't bad
by: AspenMar 17, 2020 4:39:19 AM

Lmao. ANYONE, guy or girl at SMU did not get into USC, Wash U, NU. Lmao. That’s why they are at SMU. And Stanford? Lmfao.

By: Aspen
by: .Mar 19, 2020 5:00:03 PM

To the poster saying people at SMU did not get into USC, etc, that’s just not true. Personally, I got into USC, and Vanderbilt, but I’m probably going to attend SMU anyway because of the scholarship. Also, my parents didn’t want me going as far as Cali (I’m from east coast)

By: .
by: SMU GradApr 7, 2020 10:33:12 AM

I got into Tulane and Vandy but chose SMU, congrats on getting your dad to help you beat the 10% rule.

By: SMU Grad
by: LOLJul 22, 2020 8:07:15 PM

Got into UCLA and Berkeley and still chose SMU. Pony up! 😝

By: LOL
#25  by: Polanco    

🍭🍭🍭🍭

By: Polanco
#26  by: Guest   

🦋🦋🦋🦋

By: Guest
#27  by: 🥠   

Lotta new money

By: 🥠
by: in pktMar 19, 2020 10:43:12 PM

what exactly where you expecting in texas?? this isn’t bama, where people equate being from mountain brook with old money. old money doesn’t even really exist in texas, being rich for 4 generations doesn’t make you old money... and the oldest money you’ll find in dallas, the hockaday types, don’t even consider smu as an option. nor ut austin or tcu. they aim for the ivies, stanford, usc etc. and that’s totally fine!!! let’s leave smu the way it is. if ppl are flashy let them be. ❤️

#28  by: ......   

There definitely is an insane amount of money here. I'm from a good area and was still blown away by the clear amount of money the mass majority of the social people on campus have. Definitely pressure to keep up with the crowd, as on a boulevard every Saturday there will not be a non-designer bag in sight. I don't think that all the money on this campus immediately implies everyone is superficial and shallow, but I can see how a sensitive or insecure person may feel that way and may feel like they can't fit in, but that's life and that's on them

By: ......
#29  by: baby child   

<33333

By: baby child
#30  by: hello   

Most girls were out of the country when the quarantined started if that tells you anything hahhahhaaa.

By: hello

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.