facebook

what are the top 5 sororities?

by: freshie

Just out of curiosity, what are the top five sororities on campus and which ones should freshmen going through recruitment keep an eye on? Thanks you guys!

Posted By: freshie
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: Duh   

Zeta
Phi mu
Sigma
Azd
Kd

By: Duh
#12  by: Truth    

Good looks but that is about it...fakest people on campus

By: Truth
#13  by: Lol   

The only people who like Sigmas and Zetas are half the girls in the sororities themselves and frat guys looking to score. The other 80% of Elon thinks they're forever in high school.

By: Lol
#14  by: Frats   

Well duh frats love zeta, they can bag a different zeta every weekend. it's a nice ego booster for them to be able to choose from a huge group and hook up with any girl they wanted, regardless of how low selfesteemed the girls are.

By: Frats
#15  by: Pics   

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but I tend to find that there's a correlation between how many pictures are taken every weekend and how close a sisterhood is. I'm not going to name the sororities but there are a few where girls will take 100+ pics every weekend. I always find when I'm out that taking photoshoots at parties detracts from the party and instead of actually having fun, it becomes more about taking pics posing and pretending to look like you're having fun, and it becomes just a showy thing to post on Facebook to make other people think you have so much fun. It's WEIRD how many photos some sororities have and I find that it's due to barely having an actual sisterhood and photos becomes a way to create a facade that you're friends with your sisters. The more real sisterhoods don't have as many posing pictures, probably because they don't feel like they have to "prove" their friendship to anyone in cyberspace.

By: Pics
by: DumbNov 26, 2013 3:17:52 PM

This makes no sense some people just take more pictures and most sororities have photoshoots to have pics for their website or Facebook where everyone looks nice don't talk about what you don't know

By: Dumb
by: actuallyNov 26, 2013 4:04:22 PM

That actually makes a lot of sense, I see your point

By: actually
by: go awayNov 26, 2013 4:52:42 PM

just shut up

By: go away
by: hahaNov 26, 2013 7:30:56 PM

Yea there are some sororities where theres literally like 2000+ pictures being taken in one weekend. How can you have fun when you're dedicating half your night to taking pictures of yourself? I totally get getting dressed up and taking some photos with your friends, but to take 30 one-on-one pictures with each sister with the same skinny arm pose with the same exact smile in every picture.... starts to make me think they're just overly narcissistic and way too into looking at themselves on facebook.

By: haha
by: actuallyNov 26, 2013 7:34:04 PM

there are so many articles about research done shows most people who are the most active on social media are actually the loneliest and have less close friends, so they create an online identity based on how they want to be perceived. what youre saying kinda falls in line with that article. interesting.

By: actually
by: hmmNov 26, 2013 9:44:11 PM

interesting view. i agree i dont really like taking pictures, how is standing there snapping photos of eachother all night even fun?? theres a lot of research out there about social media.

By: hmm
by: i.e.Nov 27, 2013 8:52:08 AM

i.e. zeta

By: i.e.
by: why Dec 5, 2013 9:38:32 PM

why do you care how many pictures someone else has on Facebook, if you're going out and having a good time, why don't you do that and not worry about what other people are doing.

By: why
by: lolDec 5, 2013 10:31:40 PM

i'm sure the poster isn't emotionally invested in people having a million pictures of facebook. it's just funny when people go out and live just to take pictures to try and portray a perfect online life and taking a bunch of pictures with people you barely know just so you can feel popular. i'm amused by some elon girls taking 200 pictures in one night where they make sure that they're literally in 80% of their pictures from that night. it's just weird.

By: lol
by: hmmDec 7, 2013 12:24:15 PM

i agree with this, good point

By: hmm
#16  by: yep   

Zeta, Phi Mu, Sigma, AZD, Sigma Kap.

By: yep
by: hahahhahahhahaDec 3, 2013 8:12:27 AM

shut up sigma kappa hahahhahahahahaahahahaa

By: hahahhahahhaha
by: hahaDec 3, 2013 11:14:14 AM

nice try sigma kappa....

By: haha
by: uhDec 4, 2013 8:01:49 PM

Sig Kap used to be like 4 or 5. They've fallen behind delta and kd though based on their last few pledge classes and poor sisterhood. There are some great individual girls, but they just aren't what they used to be.

By: uh
#17  by: truth   

Zeta/ Phi Mu/ Sigma/ AZD/ KD

By: truth
#18  by: lol   

zeta's recruitment chair and her group of best friends are the only people in zeta who matter. no one knows or cares about anyone else in zeta. they were deemed the "star" girls and they know it. everyone else is just a random wannabe social climber.

By: lol
by: umDec 4, 2013 7:11:53 AM

thats pretty much true. and most of zta and frats kiss their asses only because they're attractive

By: um
by: DunnoDec 4, 2013 7:18:54 PM

That clique is friendly though. But yeah I would probably agree those are the only Zetas anybody cares about and notices.

By: Dunno
by: idkDec 7, 2013 10:12:04 PM

i dont know who the senior "stars" are. i just know the star girls in the junior and sophomore classes. i dont think there are star girls in the senior class???

By: idk
by: seriouslyDec 8, 2013 1:55:44 PM

Seriously? Do you know any of the senior zetas? Just think about the president and the girls she lives with. Those are the star seniors. They run zeta

By: seriously
by: honestlyDec 8, 2013 2:14:48 PM

are the president and her friends really the "stars" of the senior pc though? im friends with some of the sophomore zetas and i haven't heard many positive things about their president. i heard she is very passive aggressive, bossy, and overall not very nice. being the president of zeta doesn't automatically mean that you're a "star" who is "running zeta."

By: honestly
by: okkkDec 8, 2013 2:19:06 PM

ok... maybe not the president herself, but sigma chi sweetheart and her group of friends would be considered the "star girls" in the senior pc.

By: okkk
by: AOKDec 8, 2013 4:15:06 PM

Well then they will be better off with a new President next semester.

By: AOK
#19  by: amen   

jealousy killed the cat

By: amen
#20  by: ok??   

I dont know why everyone keeps talking about zeta the post is about the top five sororities which are: zeta, phi mu, tri sigma, azd & kd

By: ok??
by: bcDec 8, 2013 9:50:15 PM

Because ppl actually like the girls in Phi Mu. Phi Mu is top.

By: bc
by: wellDec 16, 2013 8:58:57 AM

most people only like around half of them. Some of the older girls are really snobby

By: well
by: plDec 16, 2013 10:09:13 PM

most of campus either doesnt like zta or doesnt give a crap about zta, and half the sisters secretly hate their own sisters.

By: pl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.