facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 6
#41  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#42  by: Sig Ep   

From a guys point of view, if you really wanna know which sorority is the best you should talk to them. A couple of the sororities that are rumored to be top tier or whatever are also known as stuck up and overrated. If you want the rank from a guys view it's Chi O, Phi Mu, Pi Phi, DG, KD, Tri Delt, ADPi.
A lot of people give a lot of credit to the chapters that are just well known.. But Phi Mu and Pi Phi are definitely better than people say... Most of the chill, down to earth girls are in one of those two.

By: Sig Ep
by: BumpAug 9, 2013 1:03:23 PM

So very true. When PNM's see these houses in person, they will realize the girls are totally different then the perception they most likely got from this website.

By: Bump
by: @Sig EpAug 10, 2013 12:06:45 AM

Just because KDs and Tri Delts will not hang out with you (as an individual, not fraternity), does not make them any better or worse. Ladies, get off this website. It's only bringing you down.

By: @Sig Ep
#43  by: honest pc11   

Let me start off by saying I am 100% percent AGAINST this thread and many of the things that are said purely to hurt girls from chapter to chapter. Every chapter has weaknesses. Every chapter struggles with something. The truth is, these things are internal, and no one outside of these organizations will actually understand what's going on unless they are on the INSIDE--everything else is just speculation.

Winning certain competitions do not determine how strong a sisterhood is.
Getting a certain GPA does not determine how strong a sisterhood is.
Numbers going "up" or "down" does not determine how strong a sisterhood is.

These things are purely PUBLIC OPINION. Granted, we are apart of a social organization--but if you're in it for the right reasons, you understand that you will never be able to fully understand any chapter but your own--because you love it for what it means to YOU, not what it means to anyone else.

My advice for girls checking this website to see which chapter is the "tip top tier-ed" sisterhood on campus: find out for yourself. Get to know these girls. Speak to them. Interact with them. Find where you belong. I did for myself and, I have never been happier.

Sincerely,
A "Mid-to-Bottom" Tier

By: honest pc11
#44  by: just to clarify   

DDD and ADPi were NOT the only 2 groups to have 100% retention of their Fall 2012 pledge class, and I'm really not even sure where that lie came from. I know for a fact that at least 2 other groups initiated all their pledges too.

In fact, if you wanna know the truth, fall 2012 recruitment quota was 47, and here are the numbers of the pledge classes on Bid Day.
Phi Mu - 56 (quota +9)
Tri Delt - 55 (+8)
Chi O - 54 (+7)
KD - 51 (+4)
DG - 49 (+2)
Pi Phi - 49 (+2)
ADPi - 27 (-20)

EVERY CHAPTER MADE QUOTA (plus had quota additions) EXCEPT FOR ADPi. That's a fact. ADPi missed quota by 20! I don't think retaining all your members when you miss quota by almost 2 dozen is anything to brag about.

By: just to clarify
by: @clarifyAug 14, 2013 11:31:30 AM

Good point ;) Context people!

By: @clarify
#45  by: actually   

a friend of mine in their chapter explained the reason why they took so little. They cut everyone below a 2.8 after the first round. Think about how many girls come through recruitment with barely a 2.79 and they got CUT by them! Also, they took a huge risk by only extending bids to girls that actually wanted to be there, and they were very happy with what it resulted in. No, they may not have met quota, but I'd much rather extended bids to a group of girls that chose to be there rather than a group with a handful that were stuck there!
It was risky, but the new members were happy to run home. I would have rather my chapter done that honestly.

By: actually
#46  by: VERIFIED   

lots of chapters release girls below a certain point...whether it's 2.5 or 2.8 or whatever. that's not exclusive to ADPi. in fact, most other chapters have been doing that for years already.

I think the point here is that ADPi can't come on a website like this and bash other groups on campus, claiming that no one but them & DDD had 100% retention unless they're gonna tell the WHOLE story. when you only have to retain 2 dozen, that's not really difficult...and if we're being completely honest here, the claim that DDD & AdPi were the only 2 groups to retain 100% of their pledges is just a flat out lie. everybody who knows anything about Greek life could verify that for you.

By: VERIFIED
#47  by: who   

ever said the girls themselves were coming on this site? Ask most of the newer girls especially in all the chapters, they don't even know what this site is.

By: who
#48  by: Good girl   

ChI Omega is the best... bottom line.

By: Good girl
#49  by: Least cut house   

Actually Tri Delt is the least cut house during recruitment which indicates they are the most desired by PNM's. Take what you want from that.

By: Least cut house
#50  by: Eagles   

Coming from a fraternities perspective

Top: KD DDD Phi Mu
Middle: XO, DG, Pi Phi
Bottom: AXO, ADPI

By: Eagles

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.