facebook

who instead of piphi

by: who instead

So now that we lost Pi Phi, who will come on instead? Not a good idea to just let our Greek System crumble. Say what you want about Pi Phi, they were a strong presence on campus. I've heard rumors of Alpha Xi Delta, Delta Zeta,and Zeta Tau Alpha. Mostly because they are big at UNLV. Any thoughts?

Posted By: who instead
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: Dude   

Sigma Chi should be brought to your school

By: Dude
by: why?Jan 14, 2014 10:09:40 PM

why?

By: why?
#22  by: NV   

Gamma Phi Beta!

By: NV
by: yeah maybeJan 15, 2014 10:56:26 PM

Gamma Phi Beta is good, but I think we should get a sorority that is at UNLV. Not that we are trying to be just like them. I just feel that we should have some cohesiveness throughout the state. Let some Alumni Chapters get really strong.

By: yeah maybe
by: yeah maybeJan 15, 2014 10:56:26 PM

Gamma Phi Beta is good, but I think we should get a sorority that is at UNLV. Not that we are trying to be just like them. I just feel that we should have some cohesiveness throughout the state. Let some Alumni Chapters get really strong.

By: yeah maybe
#23  by: RENO   

add them all. better to have more than less. look at how u of a is doing. they have so many chapters. better wise up

By: RENO
by: my orderJan 15, 2014 11:01:32 PM

Add the sororities in this order
1) Delta Zeta
2) Zeta Tau Alpha
3) Sigma Sigma Sigma
4) Alpha Xi Delta
5) Gamma Phi Beta

By: my order
#24  by: my order   

Fraternities to add:
1) Theta Xi
2) Sigma Chi

By: my order
#25  by: comeback   

bring back pi phi

By: comeback
#26  by: shandy   

I would like to bring back Pi Phi and add Delta Zeta , ZTA and Tri Sig.

By: shandy
#27  by: IFC   

One of my friends in PC was telling me that the issue is that more than one sorority's nationals have told them to vote "no" to bringing a new chapter, and they aren't allowed to vote otherwise. :/ It doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon if this is true.

By: IFC
by: why?Jan 19, 2014 5:30:15 PM

why don't they want new chapters? That could make the whole system grow.

By: why?
#28  by: Um   

You're all idiots. Why do you think you have a say in who comes on board? It's a lengthy process and nationals have to pitch to the university; usually no more than 3 houses are allowed even to pitch. And why are you set on how "awesome" these chapters would be here? Chapters are different at every school. No matter what sorority you brought on, it would go through the colonizing process and attract the same group of girls either way. Morons

By: Um
by: Dr. FratstarJan 21, 2014 3:17:22 AM

I think you should see someone about that stick up your bum.

By: Dr. Fratstar
by: wellJan 23, 2014 8:41:41 AM

so what about the process. we want those sororities, so lets go through the process.

By: well
#29  by: my thoughts   

I really think Delta Zeta would be a strong addition. They have a big alumni chapter here in Reno. Why haven't they started yet?

By: my thoughts
by: me too Jan 25, 2014 1:54:29 AM

me too. lets get them here.

By: me too
#30  by: interesting...   

Can anyone please confirm - Was there or was there not a Gamma Phi Beta chapter at Nevada? If yes, why not recolonize? The sorority must have played a big part in the history of the University's greek life.... and maybe there will be a lot of support from alumnae and what not.... It's just like ATO, a few years ago ATO was inactive, but now have returned to the university..Maybe it's also time for another organization to make its return to Nevada!!!!

By: interesting...
by: YeahJan 30, 2014 9:35:11 AM

There was. The chapter closed in 2000.

By: Yeah
by: ^Feb 1, 2014 1:38:05 PM

Why did they close?

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.