facebook

who instead of piphi

by: who instead

So now that we lost Pi Phi, who will come on instead? Not a good idea to just let our Greek System crumble. Say what you want about Pi Phi, they were a strong presence on campus. I've heard rumors of Alpha Xi Delta, Delta Zeta,and Zeta Tau Alpha. Mostly because they are big at UNLV. Any thoughts?

Posted By: who instead
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 4
#31  by: Yeah    

I heard low numbers.

By: Yeah
#32  by: Nevada Alumnus   

Gamma Phi Beta did play a huge role in Greek life at Nevada. SigEp lives in the house that was Gamma Phi Beta's. The chapter closed in 2000 due to low numbers. Sorority expansion once approved and opened by Panhellenic would offer Gamma Phi Beta to come back; however, they have not shown interest during recent expansion (Sigma Kappa). PiPhi is coming back in 2015, it was part of the agreement in closing the chapter. In the mean time with quota so high, it's uncertain why a new chapter isn't invited to colonize in fall '14....other than current chapter's nationals preventing them from voting approval.

By: Nevada Alumnus
by: ^Mar 26, 2014 8:13:07 PM

would love to get ZTA and DZ!!!!

By: ^
by: ^Mar 27, 2014 10:03:32 PM

agree. lets get DZ and ZTA

#33  by: arrow   

only pi phi is Pi Phi. Nobody can replace them.

By: arrow
by: ^Apr 7, 2014 10:41:44 PM

amen

#34  by: I want DZ   

I really would like to see DZ come on campus

By: I want DZ
#35  by: Alphi Phi is coming   

Alphi Phi is coming fall 14. Only time will tell to see if they succeed.

By: Alphi Phi is coming
#36  by: well   

Nothing has been announced regarding if Alpha Phi (or anyone else) is coming or not. Usually nationals submit packets of interest, 3 groups are selected to present and then a final group is selected from those 3 (unless it's a stacked expansion). The only thing that's for sure is that Reno is open for expansion

By: well
by: wellJun 14, 2014 4:40:57 PM

Also, Alpha Phi has never had any chapters in Nevada. That is one of many factors when groups consider if they want to submit interest packets.

by: ^^^Jul 30, 2014 11:15:52 AM

Honestly, Alpha Phi is MASSIVE in California. Why are we becoming an expansion of the California System.

By: ^^^
#37  by: IcUNR   

UNR is the flagship campus - they should have the strongest, most respected sororities, not try for continuity with UNLV's middle tier groups. Chi Omega, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and the quickly rising Alpha Omicron Pi is who they should be looking at...

By: IcUNR
by: ^^^^Jul 30, 2014 10:44:51 AM

I hear you. We are the flagship campus. But just because a sorority exists at UNLV doesn't make it a bad sorority or even middle tier.

By: ^^^^
by: OmgJul 30, 2014 1:12:58 PM

Chi Omega is pretty good, but KKG and AOPi......no! Not good at all Nationally. We should try for Gamma Phi Beta, Chi Omega, Delta Zeta or Zeta Tau Alpha.

By: Omg
by: to omg Oct 5, 2014 6:40:31 PM

KKG is huge nationally and AOPi is as well. Kappa is a very very well known sorority and I think it would be a great addition to this campus

By: to omg
by: @IcUNROct 8, 2014 10:20:38 AM

Honestly, at my friend's school AOPi is the lowest house and is in danger of going off. Probably not the one to add. I know XO and KKG are good in the midwest, but I'm just not feeling KKG.

By: @IcUNR
by: WellOct 14, 2014 2:34:24 PM

AOPi is top or mid top at some huge SEC schools like UGA, Auburn, Bama - but every sorority has top and bottom chapters and when you come in to a new campus, you start out as bottom anyway.

By: Well
#38  by: well   

AOII has been selected!

by: Yay!Oct 15, 2014 3:44:06 PM

When are they colonizing?

By: Yay!
by: UnrOct 17, 2014 12:57:13 PM

Spring

By: Unr
by: <3Oct 17, 2014 2:07:03 PM

Welcome to AOPi. I hope they do well.I don't think it was the right choice, but I will welcome them and support them.

By: <3
by: hmOct 23, 2014 1:33:32 AM

I think AOPi could do well here.

By: hm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.