facebook

informal gpa?

by: question

I know the GPA requirement to participate in formal rush next semester is a 2.5 minimum, does that count for informal rush as well? Or can you do informal rush with lower than that, even by a little, if it matters at all?

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: ......   

Okay! That's definitely a relief. I previously went to IU and it was CRAZY competitive and very difficult to get in a house as a sophomore. So I'm worried that's how it is here as well :/ Are you a transfer as well?

By: ......
by: hiSep 3, 2013 5:20:41 PM

from one transfer to another, I waited until formal and it was honestly a bad choice. Not only because they were more selective and when there are plenty of girls right next to you who are just as pretty, smart and involved theyll pick the younger girl, but also because I'm now in a house that I absolutely love <3 and its sad to me that someone didnt encourage me to go through sooner rather than later. My house wasnt recruiting last fall, but thats not to say I couldnt have found a great home with one of those chapters and have gotten even more out of greek life. best of luck to everyone

By: hi
by: hmmSep 3, 2013 8:48:26 PM

But the thing is, is that there are quite a few sophomores in every house. I went to a much more competitive school greek wise and each house still had multiple sophomores in their pledge class. I would assume that it's that crazy crazy difficult. I even talked to a girl I know in a house and said it's not that much more difficult to get a bid as a sophomore. And I feel like it won't be especially if you have recommendations, high gpa, great personality, involved, etc. I could see it being difficult as a junion. But a sophomore I'm not so sure it's that that difficult. I most likey have to go another year past my senior year, which technically puts me in the "freshman" range.

By: hmm
#12  by: hii   

in reply to hi: does that mean that you rushed formal your sophomore year as a transfer and it didnt work out? so you did informal after that in fall of your junior year and it did?

By: hii
#13  by: hey op   

I understand your anxiety, but no one can give you a definitive answer. Yes, sophomores get bids. But it depends on the house and the girl. That is all anyone can really tell you, honestly. Because we don't know you. Bolt them on and go through recruitment and see what happens.

By: hey op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.