facebook

new sorority

by: DEPAUL

What's everyone think about the new sorority coming to campus this spring Phi Mu?

Posted By: DEPAUL
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: Stop   

PhiMu is doing incredibly well for being a new chapter on campus. Most of the girls that are a part of it couldn't rush in the fall for various reasons, which doesn't make them any different that those that did. They are a great group of girls with an amazing president. It's hard to read these even though I'm not part of PhiMu considering the lack of support that so many others posting on here are giving.

By: Stop
#22  by: Honestly   

I hate reading this but phi mu set themselves up to have this kind of backlash. You can't publicly disrespect other much more established chapters and expect nobody to be angry. Even women not in those chapters find it laughable. I hope this serves as a lesson to them that you don't get any further by tearing other people down. Focus on your chapter and having a high performing year because at the end of the day, success is only really seen by the women in your chapter. Do yourself a favor. Leave AXiD, AOPi, ChiO, and ASA out of your mouths for awhile because they have a right to be angry about how you've treated them. Just my advise.

By: Honestly
by: OkayJul 27, 2014 7:24:46 AM

What have the Phi Mus said about the other chapters?

By: Okay
by: @ OkayJul 27, 2014 3:56:50 PM

Personally I heard some of them talking about how they were better than ASA after they were partnered with them for Greek week. A chapter for more established and nationally recognized than them. This is not hearsay, this is something I actually overhead them saying in the bathroom of the student center when Greek week came to a close. I can't speak for the other chapters mentioned but I can say first hand that they said they believe they are better than ASA. Which is hilaaaaaarious to be honest

By: @ Okay
by: re:Aug 12, 2014 11:56:41 AM

Actually, Phi Mu is much more nationally recognized than ASA. Maybe you think ASA is because you're in the northern midwest ish area, but ASA is one of the smaller NPC groups.

By: re:
by: umAug 12, 2014 6:51:47 PM

no i'm not talking about nationally. i'm talking about locally. national success doesn't really mean anything because each chapter every where is different. they were specifically talking about how phi mu DEPAUL is better than asa DEPAUL. rude and just wrong. get over it.

By: um
by: yikesAug 15, 2014 7:15:19 PM

These girls dont get it. It might just be a n"ew chapter on campus" mentality because AXiD was the SAME way and look at where they are now...lol

By: yikes
#23  by: meow   

Weird and mediocre

By: meow
#24  by: Funny   

Got curious and decided to look at Greek rank for the first time in awhile. All I've got to say is that everyone seems to be pretty spot on about phi mu. I don't know if their chapter consultants put them on a high horse to inspire high performance but these girls definitely think they're something special. They should accept that for now they are the reject sorority and work up from there. Concentrate on their own success and maybe get a few good girls in the fall and build. But for the love of all that is sweet and holy, stop talking about other chapters in public!!!!

By: Funny
#25  by: qpalzm   

They seem pretty solid thus far, wish them the best.

By: qpalzm
#26  by: Panhel   

A lot of these girls did not get bids from their favorite sorority in the fall so they decided to join Phi Mu. There's honestly nothing wrong with this except for the fact that they have been talking about the other chapters that they originally wanted to join. They need time to completely make their transition to DePaul's campus. Keep in mind that these girls didn't get to pick each other...they were chosen by consultants from nationals who interviewed them once. After a year or two of normal recruitment they have the potential to move up...not that the tiers on this campus really even matter. Let's remember how awkward AXiD was their first year on campus.......Phi Mu is doing way better off than that already.

By: Panhel
#27  by: omg   

lol to this post, it's so accurate

By: omg
#28  by: LOL   

Phi Mu isn't anything but irrelevant right now. Accept it

By: LOL
#29  by: yikes   

These girls are sooooo wierd

By: yikes
by: PnmSep 10, 2014 4:26:34 PM

How?

By: Pnm
by: Weird Phi MusSep 10, 2014 11:56:39 PM

I hate to stereotype sororities, but seriously every Phi Mu I have met has been ranging from weird to psycho. Phi Mu literally took everyone who signed up in the spring so they're basically the girls who didn't make it through recruitment.

By: Weird Phi Mus
#30  by: Some advice   

Some advice to phi mu: just a few years ago, AOII was the bottom of the bottom. They were struggling with retention and more. It was not great to get a bid from them, but they kept their mouths shut, were NICE, and slowly built themselves up. They got an amazing PC last year and probably will this year too. Now they're seen as a great middle tier chapter and really sweet girls. You should learn from what they did. Keep your mouth shut, stay humble, be kind, and work hard!

By: Some advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.