facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

Rhodes College - RC General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 4 of 4
#31  by: jill   

just join a sorority at Rhodes. all of them are ok and GDI at Rhodes is not a journey that u want to take.

By: jill
#32  by: rhodesgreek   

Pan love to all the sororities at Rhodes!! Each has such a great mix of girls that care about their philanthropies, work hard in school, and enjoy college life. So go through rush if you're interested and pick your favorite based on your own opinion

By: rhodesgreek
#33  by: greeklife   

Seriously, these rankings are dumb. It's just a bunch of sorority girls self-ranking their sororities and bashing one another. Go through rush and choose the house that YOU like and don't base your decisions off all the hateful comments. Each sorority has some unique to contribute and they all have wonderful girls.

By: greeklife
#34  by: Slow down   

I wouldn’t go as far to say GDI women are unpopular at Rhodes. It’s only slightly difficult for ALL non-Greeks male or female. I rushed sophomore year as I felt I was getting stuck in the same routine on such a small campus and wanted something new. Since joining, there’s been no change in how people perceive me. Nobody thinks higher of me because I’m in a sorority, nor are more random people interested in me. I have more friends now maybe but that’s just a part of the process. It’s perfectly fine to be a GDI and my closest friends still are those I made freshman year before I ever rushed.

By: Slow down
#35  by: Angry KD   

I’m an upperclassman member of a sorority here at Rhodes. I had two very close friends rush as sophomores this year. They’re not only good friends with me but very close (even room mates & on the same sports teams) with many other active girls. They got snubbed in the first round of rush because apparently sophomores are given last priority for our house. I and my friends were crushed over this. Essentially, if you’re an upperclassman woman rushing and you’re NOT a legacy, don’t even bother. I know that this is the same for at least two other houses here, and it’s super frustrating. I’ve never felt so devalued and voiceless as a member of my sorority. We have no choice but to drop just about every upperclassman rushee for no reason.

By: Angry KD
by: WtfFeb 3, 2019 10:17:20 PM

From someone who was highly involved in the recruitment process, this is not true at all. Upperclassmen and first years are in totally different categories in the recruitment system meaning taking an upperclassmen doesn't take away a spot for a first year. you rank upperclassmen in a separate list from first years and the system forces you to invite them back even if you absolutely;utely don't want any upperclassmen (which is clearly never the case!). In fact, many sophomores who did not get a bid/what they wanted first year have a much more successful second year of recruitment. Sorry sis but there's another reason houses didn't take your friends

By: Wtf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.