Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: truth   

well said!

By: truth
by: sayakaNov 4, 2014 3:05:03 PM

sigma kappa
sigma kappa
The April 3, 1956 edition of the Egyptian reported that the Interfraternity Council had admitted Alpha Sigma to membership on a trial basis. The local fraternity had 24 members; it was founded on October 18, 1955 (Obelisk, 1959). The fraternity was interested in affiliating with Sigma Phi Epsilon. On May 7, 1956, it became a Sigma Phi Epsilon Colony.
The chapter was on the verge of becoming the Illinois Epsilon chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon when the Office of Student Affairs rescinded its permission (Obelisk, 1957). Sigma Phi Epsilon’s ordeal is chronicled in Chapter VI of this paper. The chapter returned to its former local status, this time taking the name Alpha Sigma Epsilon.
Instead of completely disbanding, the chapter decided to again pursue national affiliation. George Hand, a Sigma Phi Epsilon member who was privy to the first affiliation process, wrote a letter of support to a Phi Sigma Kappa national officer: “Since my son is a member of this group, I have been in close contact with them for more than a year, and I feel that I am well acquainted with them. I have a high opinion of the character of the group. They have given evidence that they have principles and are ready to stand by them. The group is quite active as evidenced by the fact that seventy-five percent of the members are on campus committees. The group has grown in number, in prominence, and stature on the campus, especially in this past year.” (G. Hand, personal communicati

By: sayaka
#2  by: truth   

AOII:classy, genuine, leaders
KD:involved, southern, interesting
CHIO:diverse, active, intelligent
TriDelt:outgoing,friendly,

by: Mary JeanOct 22, 2014 2:01:39 PM

DDD -friendly?????
not hardly

By: Mary Jean
#3  by: hi   

just rush! all of the houses are great in their own ways. Just try to connect with a house and you just might fall in love! I love my sorority at rhodes

By: hi
#4  by: lynx   

every house has its own quirks, but ultimately don't assume anything about a house until you rush

By: lynx
#5  by: Don't overthink it   

My advice is make your own decision and DON'T let stereotypes or where your friends are going affect you. I took a risk by pledging a sorority other than my original intentions, and it has been my best decision since coming to Rhodes College. Be open to all the houses during Rush, and you will find your home!

By: Don't overthink it
#6  by: Suz   

go for the best at Rhodes-
aopi

By: Suz
#7  by: linda   

at rhodes, join a sorority, girls because gdi is a very unpleasant role to play there.

By: linda
#8  by: just saying   

Hard to do tiers when there are only 4 sororities, but XO, DDD, and KD are the ones you want to be a part of. AOII is improving, but it'll take a long time before they're better than those 3.

By: just saying
by: RC Update Mar 7, 2021 4:05:56 AM

So not true. I think AOII is stronger than KD, and they have improved so much! They also have strong national support, and they are the largest sorority in the country by chapters. They will get there. Their new house updates are also very helpful. These girls are so well-liked by everyone, not just some.

By: RC Update
#9  by: truth   

that's absolutely false. all 4 houses are fine in their own way. I'm in a fraternity, and I can honestly say that every house offers something amazing to the greek life community at Rhodes.

#10  by: marty   

yes, all 4 houses are fine and women need to join one of them. non-greeks are very unpopular at Rhodes, epecially women.

By: marty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.