facebook

rush gpa

by: Concerned

I have wanted to rush my whole life, unfortunately, I only have about a 2.6 GPA. I consider myself to have a great personality and all the right characteristics to be in a sorority, except my grades were really bad freshman and sophomore year! Do I have any chance of getting into any house? Phi Mu, SK, Tri Sig?

Posted By: Concerned
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Best advice   

You probably should concentrate on your grades first. If you can get a decent GPA your freshman year, try going through recruitment your soph year.

By: Best advice
#12  by: Tiger   

Sure you can try, just expect to get really harsh cuts after round 1. That doesn’t mean that the people you met don’t like you, but just that a lower gpa will push you to the bottom of the list. If you can get recommendation letters that explain your situation that could help.

There’s a reason grade cuts exist, and it’s because greek life is a big time commitment. If fall doesn’t work out, work really hard your first semester to prove that your gpa does not reflect your current work ethic. You may have more options if you rush in the spring with a higher fall gpa, but spring pledge classes are much smaller.

It sounds like you would be happy to be in any chapter and that’s great, I think you should try it out if you know you can handle the time commitment. Just manage your expectations and know that you can try again in the spring.

By: Tiger
#13  by: .   

Each house judges off of different things even if they don’t mention it. Some care more about how wealthy you are, looks, and personality more than grades.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.