facebook

rush gpa

by: Concerned

I have wanted to rush my whole life, unfortunately, I only have about a 2.6 GPA. I consider myself to have a great personality and all the right characteristics to be in a sorority, except my grades were really bad freshman and sophomore year! Do I have any chance of getting into any house? Phi Mu, SK, Tri Sig?

Posted By: Concerned
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: meee   

yes

By: meee
#2  by: well....   

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. There are exceptions made but usually houses (even the ones you've mentioned) make grade cuts below a 2.75 or 3. Your personality and extra curriculars will really have to stand out.

By: well....
#3  by: actually   

The people with the best chances during rush are those who bring something special to the table. It doesn't have to be grades, but it does help if you are exceptional in some way. Perhaps you should put that enthusiasm for becoming greek into something that sets you apart: hundreds of volunteer hours, excelling at piano or voice, creating something special. The best sorority members are those who would be outstanding whether they were in a house or not. Time to focus on something a little more meaningful.

By: actually
#4  by: asdf   

I'm in one of the houses you mentioned, and we have a high school grade cut at 3.2 (and we only go below that if the PNM is a legacy). You can try during recruitment, but if it doesn't work out you can always work hard on your college GPA and then go through informal recruitment in the spring!

By: asdf
#5  by: sigkap   

PHA does not allow anyone less than a 2.75 to rush.

By: sigkap
by: wha?Mar 8, 2015 2:37:18 PM

Neither Mizzou Greek Life nor PHA has a RULE about required GPA for going thru recruitment. In the info sessions, they do say that grades are important and if you have a lower high school GPA then you can expect to be released by many of the chapters.

By: wha?
#6  by: yes   

i had a lower GPA then you and got into one of the houses you mentioned

By: yes
by: So it is worth trying?Mar 9, 2015 9:05:40 AM

When did you go through rush? and were you a legacy?

By: So it is worth trying?
by: yes, worth tryingMar 9, 2015 4:44:14 PM

Not a legacy and spring

By: yes, worth trying
#7  by: yes   

i had a lower GPA then you and got into one of the houses you mentioned

By: yes
#8  by: ya   

Honestly tri sig will take you they need numbers

By: ya
by: IdkMar 10, 2015 2:02:16 AM

Even sigma has grade standards. And with 2000 expected to rush, it is going to be tougher than ever to receive a bid to any house

By: Idk
#9  by: Curious   

What if you have a decent GPA but your ACT score wasn't great?? Will you get cut for that?

By: Curious
by: well...Mar 10, 2015 12:06:02 AM

what are "decent" and "not great" in your mind?

By: well...
#10  by: Suzy    

I have a 2.6 gpa and a 23 act. Will all houses cut me?

By: Suzy
by: TigerJul 9, 2020 11:51:17 AM

Didn’t realize this post is from 2015 and you brought it back up, see my comment on the next page:)

By: Tiger

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.