facebook

honest question

by: Legit

Why do people care so much about their ranking? It's not something that is easy to change, and over the years I'm sure there are cycles of houses moving between the tiers...but honestly, I had never even heard of "tiers" before this site. Why does it matter? Out there in the real world, out there in greek town, no one really cares. So why does it matter so much here? I guess it makes sense because this is a ranking site, but forreal...why do people get so worked up over it? I genuinely want to know. I just feel like there would be something wrong with you if you DIDN'T think your house was the best house. Obviously everyone's biased. So let them be. Think what you want, be happy with your house, but why give yourself an early heart attack from raising your blood pressure from obsessing over this website? I'd like some answers, legitimate ones!

Posted By: Legit
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: here is one   

we care about tiers on here because pnms are alllll over this site before recruitment. every house wants the best of the best. therefore, we care about tiers on here. this website actually has a massive impact on what houses will do well in rtecruitment

By: here is one
#2  by: Seriously?   

People care about tiers bc whether you like it or not you will be judged for what house you're in. If you end up in a bottom house people think they're something wrong with you. That's why the bottom tier houses are always fighting to get out of bottom tier. And they are hella annoying on this site! It's pathetic! With so many girls going through recruitment everyone should get a full pledge class! 2 years ago sigma, phi mu, and zeta didn't get full pcs. Last year sigma didn't. This website is really hard on them.

By: Seriously?
by: ohDec 15, 2013 1:26:26 PM

phi mu self ranks like crazy. I think they care. oh, and they label themselves mid tier too. ha!

By: oh
by: No Dec 15, 2013 7:36:06 PM

No Phi Mu ranks themselves middle tier. They're bottom tier, they know it and they don't try and claim they're higher than they are. That's why people like them.

By: No
#3  by: Uh   

No one thinks anyone is wrong with you if you're in a bottom tier house...and if you do, then you really need to grow up and stop being so shallow.

By: Uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.