facebook

continuous bidding

by: Athena

Seems like lots of incredible girls are without a house after today. Any tips or advice on what to do next?

Posted By: Athena
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Please   

Buck up. It is not the era of everyone getting a trophy anymore. PNM need to realize that this is not where all will get what they want anymore. ChiO, pi phi,theta and kappas don’t and won’t take anyone they don’t want or have to take. Pnm open your eyes and realize other houses can and will be a better fit. Let go of the old stereotypes and you will be fine!!

By: Please
#12  by: @Athena   

Use your wit, girls who drop out of recruitment do so because they have an overinflated sense of themselves compared to others tend to think they are better than chapters. No one wants that in their sisters.

These girls are not as incredible (compared to others) as they think they are and that is their main issue.

By: @Athena
by: @AthenaAug 25, 2019 10:36:27 AM

So my #1 tip to these girls is to drop your damn ego and be an adult!

You did this to yourself, unfortunately for you.

By: @Athena
by: BSSep 12, 2019 6:30:12 PM

It's not necessarily about ego, and it certainly isn't just about being an adult. It's about where you feel comfortable and who asks you back. Athena^, if you actually were as smart as you pretend to be, you would know that there were girls who wound up with NO houses who would have been happy anywhere. "You did this to yourself"????? Ah, no.

By: BS
#13  by: UM   

I feel bad for the girls who get dropped altogether. But, thanks to RFM, they're few and far between. So much of this is just "little fish in a big pond" syndrome. So, you were a top cheerleader, student council, Honecoming Queen, top student? So was everyone else. It sucks to realize this, but they didn't invite you back. Period. It wasn't some accident of the universe, it wasn't because RFM is evil, it wasn't because of anything other than when it came down to it- there were girls they wanted more. Difficult to obtain things are difficult to obtain. They're not going to add days to recruitment or change schedules or quota because someone thinks they didn't get a fair chance. They met you- they chose someone else. It happens. Move on.

By: UM
#14  by: Not a perfect system    

There was a girl in my group on preference day who did not get back one of the houses that she thought for sure she was going to get back and she was very upset and her pi Chi checked with that house and come to find out there was a mistake made and she was supposed to be on their top list and receive an invitation back and so therefore her schedule was rearranged and she was able to go to that house and that’s where she ended up on bid day!
And so therefore if it happened to one girl I’m sure it happened to others!

By: Not a perfect system
by: BelieverSep 24, 2019 3:02:27 PM

It happened to my roommate my Freshman year. And I was happy that we both ended up in the same house.

By: Believer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.