facebook

fall 22 recruitment update

by: $

panhellenic has eliminated all songs, (including ones in pref), this includes door stacks and chants for fall 2022 rush

Posted By: $
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: Yech   

Ruinous!

Traditions are there for a reason and should survive fads and fluctuating opinions.

OMG - someone made fun of my door song on social media. Get over it!

It’s a sorority - unity is part of the deal. You think the individual outfits are really going to be different enough to express “individual personality”! That’s a good one!

Next thing you know - Bama will be like another “coastal” school - morbid and depressing! \n\n\n\n\n

By: Yech
by: .May 9, 2022 8:13:21 AM

This isn’t just alabama. This is the official NPC that oversees all NPC sororities across the country. It isn’t college aged girls that made these decisions

By: .
#12  by: I do know   

Enjoy what's left of sorority traditions at Alabama while you can!

Value-based / Going Woke / Equality

Just take a look at several universities that have been stripped of pretty much everything. It is so sad. There is nothing special about pledging and belonging anymore at some unis.

Life is not equal. It is not perfect. Every single person does not deserve what the next person is getting. Bama is unique for its Greek Life traditions and they are one of the few powerhouses left. Once they are stripped of what makes them special less and less people will want to join.

By: I do know
by: tbfMay 9, 2022 9:31:07 AM

in a lot of ways alabama does already have one of the best value based sorority systems. At a lot of other schools do not put as much value on involvement/sisterhood/grades

By: tbf
#13  by: Ughugh   

Let's keep taking away all the great things that made sorority life what it is. The songs, door chants, and all of the clothing are part of the unity of the group. Each org has different types of unity expressed in this nature. Sad.

By: Ughugh
#14  by: Cold   

Are we just gonna gloss over the fact that the same thing happened to me, and I was told that it didn’t matter bc it was only on that website? Just like influencers/celebrities cry about things on the internet? It’s real and it hurts. It doesn’t matter how much worse off those people are, it’s a lot of people saying it and it can mess with your head

By: Cold
#15  by: .   

as a pnm i feel like im going to miss out a lot, my older sister tells me stories about work week, the door stacks, clothing, all of it. even though it’s hard work it pays off and brings the chapter closer

#16  by: calm down   

These are suggestions from NPC for college panhellenics "to consider" when providing a value based recruitment. Nothing has been mandated. Relax.

By: calm down
by: -May 9, 2022 5:48:13 PM

New rules are coming soon and are more than suggestions

By: -
#17  by: False.   

My sorority had us learn and practice door songs before finals week. I doubt they did that just for the fun of it.

By: False.
by: -May 9, 2022 7:19:01 PM

Campuses are just learning of the rule changes, they just came out

By: -
#18  by: pnmtimegetready   

Sometimes change is not good. This is all tradition and greatness. Work week definitely brings sisters together and creates unity. It is why recruitment week is so special to so many people. If they take numerous parts of it away what really is left? I think at that point girls should just be allowed to visit houses they wish to join and not have to go through the process. I really think this is just the beginning with more to come.

By: pnmtimegetready
by: .May 10, 2022 11:01:41 AM

this!!! like honestly recruitment could just go virtual at this point

by: noMay 10, 2022 11:25:10 AM

the formal recruitment process and RFM is key to having a healthy Greek life system with many chapters. It kills weaker chapters

By: no
by: noMay 10, 2022 11:25:48 AM

It kills weaker chapters if you just let pnms go wherever they want

By: no
#19  by: Helping   

Question is the website loveshackfancy an appropriate place to buy recruitment outfits from. I would like to surprise a friends daughter rushing this fall!

By: Helping
#20  by: ugh   

What's next? Chapter housing?

By: ugh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.