facebook

fall 22 recruitment update

by: $

panhellenic has eliminated all songs, (including ones in pref), this includes door stacks and chants for fall 2022 rush

Posted By: $
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: Aaaaassaaaa   

Whyyyy?

By: Aaaaassaaaa
by: .May 8, 2022 7:25:06 AM

Damage control b/c of all the people making fun of them on social media.

By: .
#2  by: Phew    

Thank goodness

By: Phew
by: ummmMay 9, 2022 9:30:33 PM

^^^ Thank you! No chiropractor after work week!

By: ummm
#3  by: Good   

It's about time. They had their day, just like skits and party favors, and need to go away now.

By: Good
by: umMay 10, 2022 2:53:15 AM

you’re clearly a 50 year old mom

By: um
#4  by: hi   

they’re literally taking away all fun traditions, sororities were so different 20 years ago. i’m surprised they still do recruitment and don’t let girls just choose where they want to go instead

By: hi
#5  by: :(   

tell me this is a troll post

By: :(
by: $May 8, 2022 12:40:12 PM

i swear to god it’s not, they’re getting rid of requiring actives to purchase clothes for recruitment too (matching/coordinating outfits)

By: $
by: !May 8, 2022 12:51:50 PM

this is confirmed! npc is gonna publish the rule changes officially in July I think

By: !
#6  by: Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj   

Can we have music at all?

By: Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
by: $May 8, 2022 1:31:02 PM

i have no idea, but like for pref having the chapter sing a song or a specific girl singing is going to be prohibited, along with door chants and songs :(

By: $
#7  by: FNPC   

NPC is going woke I am not surprised this is what they start cutting first!

By: FNPC
by: woke?May 11, 2022 6:21:07 PM

Do you know what that word means or do you just parrot what you hear tucker carlson says?

By: woke?
#8  by: Seriously???   

No door chants???? That’s my favorite part 😩. Love the matching outfits too- especially kappa and GPB.

By: Seriously???
#9  by: !   

another big change is no longer having recruitment counselors disaffiliate

By: !
#10  by: GOOGLE   

Straight from the new 2022 NPC Manual which can be found on line. Notice the key word CONSIDER

Consider the following when implementing values-based recruitment:
• The purpose of recruitment is for potential new members and chapter members to get to know
each other well enough for both to take the first step toward an important lifetime choice.
» By eliminating costuming and matching outfits, chapter members display their individuality
and authentic selves to potential new members.
» By eliminating skits and other staged performances or songs, there is more time for
conversation during recruitment events.

By: GOOGLE
by: .May 9, 2022 8:06:18 AM

the changes were just made in April and haven’t been published yet and the language is more definitive. not sure how immediately the new rules go into effect

By: .
by: 1May 9, 2022 5:54:03 PM

official updates from NPC:

Values-Based Recruitment

POLICY
All College Panhellenics and their member chapters
must incorporate the following policies into their membership recruitment programs:
•Eliminate the required purchasing of recruitment event attire for chapter members.
•Eliminate gifts, favors, letters and notes for potential new members.
•Eliminate all forms of bid promising, oral or written, to join a certain sorority before bids are distributed by Panhellenic.
•Eliminate extraneous and costly performances. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment skits and door stacks

By: 1
by: 2May 9, 2022 5:57:45 PM

Panhellenic Officer Disassociation During Recruitment

POLICY

This policy has been rescinded in an effort to both continue to decrease College Panhellenic recruitment costs (e.g., unnecessary lodging and other accommodations for Panhellenic officers and recruitment counselors during recruitment) and increase the experience of an authentic, potential new member- focused recruitment (e.g., unnecessary recruitment counselor “revealing” ceremonies).
The removal of this policy means College Panhellenics are no longer required to have Panhellenic officers “disassociate” prior to and during recruitment, nor are recruitment counselors required to do so.

By: 2
by: YUPMay 10, 2022 3:05:44 PM

yeah these are the exact changes by 1 and 2. If ppl want to read more the official change doc is posted in the sororities subreddit under NPC MOI changes 2022. It hasn’t formally been published yet by NPC

By: YUP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.