facebook

Ex theta recruitment video

by: Oh

Did anyone watch MM (ex theta)'s recruitment video on YouTube where she cries and says that they're a terrible sisterhood? Bad f.king look for Theta. Makes the entire Greek system look bad.

Posted By: Oh
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 3
#21  by: Lol   

Is she okay? I just tried to watch and she seemed super upset over nothing in the video. When she was crying on bid day and she said that getting theta over the house that bid promised her was a "situation" I was like...what? The moment she ran to Theta and accepted the bid, she put herself in that place.

Had she wanted the house that bid promised her, all she would have had to have done was drop out of theta before initiation, talk to a TON of girls in that house and make lots of friends, keep her GPA up, do other activities, and then either done COB (if they were taking COBs) or rushed again in the fall.

There was an easy solution yet she was crying and angry over nothing. Tons of girls are in her exact same place but they've made it work. She should have dropped earlier and gotten what she wanted but she decided not to.

By: Lol
by: .Apr 15, 2020 11:54:57 AM

You can’t be a COB if you sign your MRABA after pref. But yes she could have rerushed.

By: .
by: @LolApr 18, 2020 4:54:41 PM

Yeah, I don't understand why she didn't drop before initiation if she was that unhappy.

By: @Lol
by: HApr 18, 2020 8:17:40 PM

Zeta took COBs too, she could've joined after bid day if she liked them that much.

By: H
by: @.Apr 19, 2020 4:52:28 AM

You can do COB if you don't want to rush in the fall though. Zeta for sure took COBs.

By: @.
by: NOApr 19, 2020 2:27:07 PM

I’m not sure what’s confusing. If you finish rush and decide you don’t want to accept the bid you are given, you are out of the running for a full year. If you attend pref and do not rank the houses afterwards (aka not signing the mraba) you can be a COB. If you skip forms rush altogether you can be a COB. But if you complete rush and are handed a bid on bid day, you cannot be a COB. That’s how they incentivize girls who are unhappy with their bids to “stick it out.”

By: NO
by: NothingApr 19, 2020 4:46:33 PM

Nothing is confusing. One poster is saying that they couldn't have done cob if they'd signed the MRABA and the other is saying that they didn't even need to do fall rush again at a different time, they could have waited until rush was over and then talked to friends and asked if their houses were taking COBs because most of the houses did.

By: Nothing
by: Suicide- the loopholeApr 19, 2020 5:36:34 PM

This, right here, is the one reason to suicide. She thought she would be happy in both houses ( the one she “found” through rush). Rho-Chi’s will encourage you to maximize your options because it truly is the BEST way to join the Greek system. But, if you open that bid card and will be SUPER disappointed that your #2 is on it ( be realistic. Of course everyone wants their #1.), suicide. If you are on the top of your suicide houses list, yay. You bid matched. If you don’t bid match that house ( they ranked you lower on their list. EVERY girl that goes to pref is somewhere on their list) you will be dropped and you need to be willing to accept that. However, the loopholes are your suicide house CAN COB you that year. You CAN be eligible for a snap bid ( you will get called up by your Rho Chi and be told that you didn’t bid match but XYZ wants to extend you a bid). These are the ONLY cases for joining with a suicide. You are not eligible to COB other houses the remaining year. You need to be absolutely comfortable going all or nothing with that one house or wait until the next year and re-rush as an upperclassman.

By: Suicide- the loophole
by: ^Dec 25, 2020 7:01:17 PM

I thought if you SIP and don't match, you're ineligible to be a quota addition BUT you can be considered for a snap bid by the house that dropped you and sign up for COB with all participating houses—I've never heard that you're limited to the house that dropped you for COB.

By: ^
by: %Dec 26, 2020 2:26:47 PM

Regarding dropping out and rerushing ... the impression I got was that she felt pressured/guilted into "trusting the process" and perhaps she was told that Theta was her only chance to be Greek. At the end of the day, though, she had options and she chose not to take responsibility for being indecisive.

By: %
#22  by: Srat girl   

Y’all - I was in her rho chi group (17, you’ll see it if you watch the video, she also mentions me without naming) and she’s such a sweet girl and really helped me through recruitment. She had nine houses after IWT and generally had a good recruitment until she got theta on bid day (prefed zeta) zeta bid promised her multiple times throughout the week as well as several other people that I know, I feel so bad for her bc she’s such a nice, genuine girl and deserved better

By: Srat girl
by: True Apr 15, 2020 5:24:03 PM

Agreed. I met her too and she was super sweet just really passionate about philanthropy. I hope she finds peace. It's a shame she was treated that way

By: True
by: ??Apr 15, 2020 7:55:25 PM

@srat
Were u the girl who said only had one house? If so did you end up there? If so that’s really awesome!

By: ??
#23  by: I'm    

People actually watched that video? It's like 40 minutes long...

By: I'm
by: FalseApr 16, 2020 8:38:13 AM

More like 30 min but ok....awk

By: False
by: And?Apr 16, 2020 10:32:39 AM

It's still way too long.

By: And?
#24  by: So   

Did she go to DZ or Zeta?

By: So
by: Srat Apr 16, 2020 6:31:58 PM

A girl in her rho chi group said zeta

By: Srat
#25  by: JC   

That was 30 minutes of my life I can’t get back.

Cliff notes: blah blah blah the most boring recruitment video I’ve ever seen, I didn’t like my bid, they didn’t decorate my door, they suck so I quit.

By: JC
by: Okay but Apr 17, 2020 9:21:54 AM

Don't forget her birthday, they missed that too.

By: Okay but
#26  by: oh   

bump bump bump bump

By: oh
by: ???Dec 25, 2020 12:40:43 AM

Did she take the video down? I can't find it

By: ???
by: YeahDec 25, 2020 9:29:56 AM

Theta threatened her with legal action after she recorded a second angry video and was high and drunk in it, slurring her words, and having a complete mental health episode.

By: Yeah
by: YepDec 25, 2020 6:28:38 PM

That second video was weird and unsettling. Basically she was accusing Theta of "using her image without permission" because she was shown for a couple of seconds in the bid day part of their recruitment video.

Her IG is really strange now too. Just a bunch of selfies filtered to make her look like an anime character.

By: Yep
by: @yepDec 25, 2020 6:48:06 PM

I think that one is a different person

By: @yep
#27  by: confused   

I’m so confused, I typed the video name on YouTube and can’t find anything from MM, can someone drop a link?

By: confused
by: downDec 29, 2020 10:59:04 AM

it got taken down theta threatened to sue

By: down
#28  by: who?   

Did it get taken down? I want to see it but can’t find it

By: who?
by: @who?Dec 29, 2020 5:49:47 PM

See above—Theta sent her a cease-and-desist ordering her to take down both videos.

By: @who?
#29  by: so   

why did she get dropped? shes pretty

By: so

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.