facebook

Ex theta recruitment video

by: Oh

Did anyone watch MM (ex theta)'s recruitment video on YouTube where she cries and says that they're a terrible sisterhood? Bad f.king look for Theta. Makes the entire Greek system look bad.

Posted By: Oh
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: IDK   

I thought she was going to spill some scalding tea about being bullied or worse. But it was lukewarm at best.

It's good to be passionate about your sorority's philanthropy, but I kind of doubt most new members decide to drop because they don't think the chapter is involved enough.

Her door wasn't decorated after she got her bid and nobody at the house wished her a happy birthday. Thoughtless perhaps, but surely it wasn't meant to be intentionally mean. In a huge sorority chapter, these things can happen. Did she talk about it with her big?

She doesn't care about tiers or "what you look like" ... but they're bottom tier and don't get invited to things. 🙄

She also contradicts herself by saying she had a good first semester ... but now she wants to drop and she shouldn't have settled. Which is it?

TBH she seems bitter about where she ended up, so she built up a case in her head for quitting. It's not enough to just "stick it out" if you're disappointed. It's like she expected to be congratulated and fawned over for not turning down her bid instead of making an effort.\n\n\n\n\n

By: IDK
by: ExactlyApr 13, 2020 3:27:06 PM

She decided to drag theta because she didn’t get in a top house and she tried to come up with reasons that seemed more valid for dropping rather than calling it like it is and it isn’t fair to Theta.

By: Exactly
by: .Apr 13, 2020 7:20:34 PM

"I DiDn'T fEeL a cOnNeCtIoN"

By: .
#12  by: M   

Some girls just aren't meant for the experience, I personally had a very similar experience to her when I first joined my house (not Theta)... I did not feel like I fit in or was included, and it hurt my feelings a lot of times but I wanted to be in a sorority bad enough that I stuck it out until I met the right girls in my house. For me I was able to do that, but I can understand why other girls like her would put their foot down.

By: M
by: YesApr 8, 2020 4:16:43 PM

I agree. Not everyone has a perfect rush experience. It’s hard to be excited when other girls are gushing about how perfect and amazing their new house is and you’re just not feeling it. Now I never would have made a video about it but I felt the same way. Even now I don’t feel like my house is the best fit for me but I wanted to be in a sorority so I’m making it work.

Given the comments I figured she said she was a theta in the vid but she was pretty discreet. Also that sophomore in the other house she preffed is a huge b.

By: Yes
#13  by: Yikes    

If I was in theta, I'd be asking her to delete.

By: Yikes
#14  by: Or   

It could be that they preemptively wrote her off as stuck up. She seems sweet, but pretty girls who end up in bottom houses often have a rep for forming cliques and causing drama and division.

A few years ago, another bottom house took two rep risks who got a lot of buzz during rush because they were hot. Both ended up being hounded into quitting by a group within the house who were jealous of the attention they got.

By: Or
by: everyone ughApr 9, 2020 1:22:00 PM

Literally all of the sororities here are great. Stop being jealous and be happy where you are people! Don’t be mean to people in your house.

By: everyone ugh
by: @ everyone ughApr 12, 2020 6:24:20 AM

Literally no one asked about how all of the sororities are great. We get it, pan love and all, but obviously someone had a problem with their sorority, dropped, and made that decision. It happens often and there are issues between chapters so don't try to make it seem all easy breezy and chill.

By: @ everyone ugh
#15  by: 40 minutes???   

Cliff Notes?

By: 40 minutes???
by: UghApr 10, 2020 4:56:08 PM

Girl joins Theta >>> Theta Bad

By: Ugh
#16  by: Correct answer   

It’s theta and zeta she told a bunch of girls the first month of school

By: Correct answer
by: SoApr 13, 2020 4:11:54 AM

Then she should have reported zeta instead of making a whole video about how they lead her on. No offense or anything but zeta has a reputation for dirty rushing and that's known, she should have done something about the issue rather than complained.

By: So
#17  by: Nope   

Not zeta..zeta does not use stars

By: Nope
by: HmmmApr 13, 2020 4:18:46 PM

I think she's just using the word stars instead of points, as far as I know none of the sororities use stars. They all use points.

By: Hmmm
#18  by: 🥴   

Imagine ranting for almost an hour about dropping Theta when you accepted the bid, didn't do anything to get involved, active, and included in your pledge class, and then quit because things didn't go your way. She needs to grow up, she had a chance to make things work and she didn't but the video just makes her look fu.cking bitter.

By: 🥴
by: GuestApr 15, 2020 6:26:52 PM

I don't think she's a bad person, but putting this on YouTube makes her look petty in an underhanded way. She starts out making you think she was victimized by the Greek system in some way. Instead, she tries to make the chapter responsible for her unwillingness to swallow her pride, forget about the chapter that cut her, and be fully present and engaged.

By: Guest
#19  by: truth   

it's so clear it's all thetas in the dislikes of the videos and the comments of this thread. I feel bad that this girl had a bad experience, but I can tell you certainly that there were problems with her other sororities saw before rush that had her dropped first round. no matter what, she didn't deserve to be treated like that. i've heard this exact same sentiment from friends of mine who used to be thetas as well, honestly just no one talks about it and no one cares to hear

By: truth
#20  by: Anon   

No one is saying what should be said. She trusted the words of a few girls who probably didn't have the pull to get her into the house. The sororities here are hundreds of members and your rho chis tell you to report dirty rushing for things like this because sh.it like this happens and you end up disappointed. She only has herself to blame.

By: Anon
by: ...yeah...Apr 15, 2020 1:49:33 PM

Every year girls get dropped and ask their in-house friends why, and every year we hear the same thing. "They said they loved me but the other house ranked me so high," "they accidentally dropped me" "it was a computer glitch" "they had too many legacies" - look, 99% of the chapter will not know the exact reason why a PNM was dropped. There might not even BE a reason why a PNM was dropped. Any member who makes you think they have the answer or they can be the deciding vote is just trying to make you feel better, whether that's to dirty rush you or because they actually don't understand how it works.

What we really need is for PNMs to stop trying to game the system, for actives to stop acting like they know how everything works when really they're just one piece of the puzzle, and for Panhellenic to take dirty rushing seriously.

By: ...yeah...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.