facebook

Ex theta recruitment video

by: Oh

Did anyone watch MM (ex theta)'s recruitment video on YouTube where she cries and says that they're a terrible sisterhood? Bad f.king look for Theta. Makes the entire Greek system look bad.

Posted By: Oh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: :,(   

Is her last name minimum without the first m?

By: :,(
by: who?Dec 29, 2020 11:55:13 AM

who? i can’t find this vid

By: who?
#2  by: Hmm   

I wonder what that other house was

By: Hmm
by: Me tooApr 6, 2020 6:40:28 PM

I thought the same thing

By: Me too
by: AnonApr 10, 2020 2:53:00 PM

It was zeta.

By: Anon
by: Take as old as timeApr 16, 2020 10:11:57 PM

Tay Hays”
“Also, we are honestly breaking the rules of recruitment a bit and if you have someone you wanna message, go for it”
“@Courtney ———er, we are bending the rules a bit”

She encouraged girls to go private on insta so people couldn’t snoop on their comments.

She wanted the PNMs to feel so “loved” if girls were talking to them so they could “dominate” rush

“Emilie”
“I want this being shoved down phi mu’s throat”

...this happened the year I was a Rho-Chi. They were groupme messages back and forth to Zeta’s during the summer regarding hometown PNM’s in Nashville and if they could take them out to dinner. Their recruitment chair encouraged dirty rushing. Screenshots even were on Instagram. The only thing that happened were fines.

The thing is, all houses that have girls with a strong hometown presence will “dirty rush” PNM’s.

It is important that girls understand that contacting PNM’s during no contact, offering bid promises or hot boxing are unfair tactics and really don’t guarantee you a bid. They just will get the house a fine.

By: Take as old as time
#3  by: Yeah   

I agree it makes Theta look sketch and is not a good look, but it's also important to remember that one person's experience isn't a tell-all. Overall I've had a pretty good experience in my sorority, but other girls have dropped or want to drop because it's toxic for them personally. It just depends, I'm sure there are other Thetas that haven't had the same problems that she had.

By: Yeah
#4  by: who   

how would one find this video

By: who
by: whoApr 6, 2020 8:17:34 PM

Go to Youtube, type in Alabama Rush And Why I Dropped My Sorority, and she is MM and the video is like 40 minutes long with 3k views.

By: who
by: HmmApr 13, 2020 2:58:32 PM

There are 3K views but zero comments even though they're not locked. I guess she's just deleting them all manually?

#5  by: idk   

I think the other sorority sounds just as bad? They bid promised her to the very end and then hung her out to dry.

Every sorority has sisterhood problems tbh, you can find girls who feel excluded and left out even in "higher ranked" sororities. But definitely not a good look for our Greek system overall...

By: idk
#6  by: Fivestars   

So what sorority gives “stars”?

By: Fivestars
by: CuriousApr 6, 2020 9:11:19 PM

My guess is kappa

By: Curious
by: In the know...Apr 6, 2020 11:11:24 PM

Not Kappa. They use numbers.

By: In the know...
by: FivestarsApr 8, 2020 5:49:53 PM

Tri delt

By: Fivestars
by: NoApr 8, 2020 9:03:35 PM

Not tri delt they use numbers as well

By: No
by: EhApr 8, 2020 9:22:16 PM

I wonder if maybe that’s just something the active said, or that’s how she interpreted it as. I know multiple houses that rank out of 5 but none of them use stars.

By: Eh
by: 5Apr 8, 2020 10:50:23 PM

Pretty sure it’s DZ

By: 5
by: OhApr 9, 2020 9:45:11 AM

The issue is that Theta uses stars to vote so she could just be using that term because she was in Theta. The only other sorority I know for sure uses stars in Tri Delta and I think maybe Gamma Phi Beta. But another person said she went to DZ and I believe that.

By: Oh
by: ALApr 15, 2020 11:23:40 AM

I think Theta is right. They have stars on their badge...so that makes sense. I think maybe Gamma Phi does too. Not sure about Tri Delta?

Just a guess?

By: AL
by: NopeApr 16, 2020 7:52:00 PM

Tri delta does numbers 1-4. Not stars.

By: Nope
#7  by: Tedtalk   

She is a really cute girl I am curious to why she had such a bad recruitment . She also seemed like someone people would
want to be around.

By: Tedtalk
by: ProbsApr 6, 2020 9:26:41 PM

Bad grades/reputation more than likely

By: Probs
by: instaApr 8, 2020 4:46:52 PM

Her tagged pictures on instagram

By: insta
by: Hmm Apr 8, 2020 7:32:49 PM

What’s the ig?

by: IGApr 13, 2020 2:03:40 PM

She mentioned social media in the video, but I couldn't tell if she meant she screwed her recruitment with something she posted, she communicated with actives on SM when she wasn't supposed to, or something else.

I guess she wasn't really paying attention to how she presented things because she was upset, but I found a lot of her comments hard to follow in general.

By: IG
#8  by: StG   

Swear to god, I went to pref with her at DZ.

By: StG
#9  by: hhhmmmm   

So she preferred DZ and Theta???

She must have some serious rep issues or grade issues because she is really pretty and also seems very like able. I can’t imagine it was a KB issue where she was just rude to the sororities she didn’t want because she specifically talks about being respectful and thankful to the actives in the chapters even if it’s not your place.

I wonder if she will try again next year?

By: hhhmmmm
by: Couldn't Apr 7, 2020 8:44:08 AM

I think she says in the video that she dropped last month, if that's true, she's already been initiated and couldn't rush and join another sorority.

By: Couldn't
by: NoApr 9, 2020 3:06:01 PM

She didn't pref DZ. Her roommate has a DZ bid day fan it's pink with a white star. Also I don't think DZ is not a "top tier" house to most people.

by: RoomApr 10, 2020 6:35:05 AM

It's not a far stretch to assume that she and her roommate talked about houses. I think it's DZ.

By: Room
by: NoApr 10, 2020 11:27:55 AM

Except her roommate IS a DZ. I would think it would be awkward if the house that bid promised her was also her roommate’s house.

by: R u her?Apr 10, 2020 11:29:44 AM

And? The house that bid promised me and my roommate gave me a bid and dropped her after pref, we don't know. That's all I'm saying.

By: R u her?
by: AnonApr 10, 2020 2:53:58 PM

It was zeta and theta.

By: Anon
#10  by: Wait   

I thought she said the other sorority was like the top sorority or one of the top sororities or something

By: Wait
by: EhhApr 7, 2020 6:13:10 PM

But top is subjective. It could either be her top or one of the sororities that's widely regarded as top. I'm thinking maybe ZTA, they've dirty rushed in the past and it doesn't seem like a far shot.

By: Ehh
by: EhhApr 7, 2020 6:24:00 PM

@ehh they one percent don’t use stars to vote.

by: EhhApr 7, 2020 6:24:43 PM

Meant 100 percent.

by: MeApr 7, 2020 6:43:46 PM

Pi Phi uses stars. They have the whole angelic theme going on and my roommate was a Pi Phi.

By: Me
by: HmmApr 7, 2020 9:36:08 PM

Alpha Phi maybe?

by: .Apr 10, 2020 7:43:20 PM

No stars at gphi.

By: .
by: UhApr 15, 2020 1:52:27 PM

@me

I was a pi phi, they don’t use stars

By: Uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.