facebook

These ranks don’t match real life

by: New member

As an oos pnm who got a bid yesterday, my experience with each house going through recruitment did not match AT ALL with the ranks I’ve read on here for the past 2 years. I don’t know what people are basing these ranks on but I didn’t find the ”top” houses as great as I was expecting, didn’t measure up to the hype, pretty ordinary to me. My favorites were the mids & lows and I even got cut from a low house which bummed me out. I ended up in another one that I really connected with too so I’m super excited. But it definitely struck me how different the houses were compared to what you read on here. This is not an accurate source of info for girls going through recruitment

Posted By: New member
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: um   

I disagree with most of what’s being assumed here. These houses don’t cut pnms just because they’re oos, or because they’re looking for money, looks, influence/affluence, etc. They cut pnms because they want a pc that will contribute to their unique sisterhood and when you have like 1500 pnms of course you’re going to pick the ones you already know to become sisters with. This isn’t a club you join to meet new people, this is a sisterhood where you’re building connections that last forever. It’s about building something that lasts and maintaining a legacy. And you need girls who share your core values to keep that legacy intact. And you can’t tell with just a week-long process whether a girl you don’t know is going to understand that. So they pick girls they do know who will understand it.

I’m not saying that those houses think they’re better than anyone else because most of them don’t! They just prioritize preserving their sisterhood and their legacy over taking a chance on girls they don’t know who look good on paper.

By: um
by: what?Aug 25, 2023 9:07:49 AM

"This isn’t a club you join to meet new people" - What in the world? Of course it is a club to join and meet new people, if it wasn't then why even have recruitment? Get out of your BR bubble babe.....

By: what?
by: ByeAug 26, 2023 2:57:49 AM

No because those houses quite literally cut girls who are from out of state or not from target areas in Louisiana. KD in particular has a cap on the amount of girls they allow from each target area. That’s their truth so why are we trying to hide it? These “top” houses lack sisterhood the MOST through out the row because there is no diversity. It’s the same friends from high schools and lots of girls especially new members struggle to make new friends but refuse to drop because they want the name. When was the last time KD or DDD or XO won best sisterhood? I’ll wait. If you pick a chapter over their name, rather than the connections you made during recruitment rounds you’ll end up disliking it I promise.

By: Bye
by: Wow Aug 26, 2023 9:26:26 AM

Wow - you are so wrong! First, College should be about growing and expanding your universe. If a sorority isn’t supporting that then they have no business being an organization on a college campus. Second, OOS girls are bad asses. These girls are strong, independent and brave - they packed up and moved to a different state where (for the most part), they don’t know anybody. These girls are going to be very involved because they can’t drive home every weekend. (I am not knocking in state girls. I was an in state girl and was very involved.). Third, it is wrong to assume that girls will act the same way in college as they did in high school. College should be a time to start fresh. Everyone makes mistakes and does stupid things when they are young. What matters most is that people learn and grow from these experiences. There will be plenty of girls who come to college with sterling reputations who will let loose and make horrible mistakes - that’s life and that’s how you grow.

If you are going to college and joining a sorority so you can continue to be surrounded by the same girls then you are missing out. This world is full of fascinating and unique people. You should be doing everything you can to meet different people, be exposed to different cultures and to learn. That is why you go to college.

The sororities that are closed off to girls they don’t know or only take girls from certain areas are hurting themselves and frankly are threatening the future of Greek life. Sororities must grow and change as LSU does and as the world does. If they don’t, they will die off.

By: Wow
#12  by: truth   

bump.

By: truth
#13  by: This P2   

Spot on! Funny, go look up other sororities @ other universities and LSU top tiers aren't even listed as top tiers. YOU make it what YOU want, ignore the rest.

By: This P2
#14  by: bump   

bumping this back up because the dumb lists are back

By: bump
by: So what?Aug 28, 2023 8:57:16 PM

Every house on the row has its own membership selection criteria. If there are some that are so closed off and opposed to OOS like many posters in this thread say and are “doomed to die off” would those of you so upset you weren’t invited back really be happy there? And these “dumb lists” - maybe 2 or 3 houses rarely go OOS with their bid lists. Yet those 3 (we all know who they are) are consistently listed as “top tier” but they don’t make up the majority of Greek Life - even if they lived on this site which I don’t think they do. Frankly I don’t think they care - they’re pretty confident about where PNMs are going to rank them on day 1 of recruitment every year. Personally I think most of you are triggered simply because you are not used to rejection where you are from, it still stings and you’re trying to justify the ranks as “dumb” now by bashing the top houses. They probably are. But it’s time to move on. Can’t you just be happy with the bid you have and enjoy your house?

By: So what?
by: exceptAug 29, 2023 6:32:51 AM

nobody in this thread said they wanted a top house. in fact, OP was talking about how she was surprised to find that she wasn’t impressed with the “top” houses during recruitment and instead liked “lower ranked” houses because the conversations were better and they were more welcoming. A lot of us had the same experience. We went in expecting these supposedly amazing “top” houses to be so cool and fun and great to visit and they just weren’t. That’s not being bitter that’s being surprised that yes these DUMB ranks are wrong.

By: except
by: sameAug 29, 2023 10:27:10 AM

i agree with the last girl. everyone told us who the “top” houses were and to not get our hopes up about not getting in because everyone wants them but when we actually went there we were confused because they just weren’t all they were hyped up to be. It’s nothing against those houses, we’re just saying for other girls not to believe everything you read here or hear in the dorms or from your friends or people you might just be meeting because it’s just not true. I’m not saying those houses are bad houses they’re just not these amazingly perfect awesome houses that everyone says are “top”. There is no one definitive list of who is “top” because the house that one girls loves is the same house that someone else thinks is just meh. It’s about finding YOUR people not “the best” people. and this idea that only those four houses are whatever are the best ones is just a lie. they’re not better than any of the others at all. Doesn’t mean they’re bad, they’re just not “better than”.

By: same
by: literallyAug 29, 2023 6:36:09 PM

this whole batch of comments is so true. All the gossip and stupid ranks you hear about the houses just isn’t correct and other girls going through need to know that beforehand

By: literally
#15  by: Great   

Discussion.

By: Great
#16  by: Truth   

Tell it like it is!!!

By: Truth
#17  by: 👆👆👆   

bump this post

By: 👆👆👆
#18  by: bumping   

going to keep bumping this thing until the entire row is gossiping about it

By: bumping
by: triggered Aug 31, 2023 4:37:23 PM

You call out everyone ranking here but you keep bumping a post that isn’t very nice to ALL sororities and making it look like the top houses do not have good sisterhood and diversity. I completely disagree. You don’t know what everyone’s sisterhood is and the girls in these houses are happy there too whether they are OOS or not. I know lots of out of state girls in all houses, including the “top tiers”. You are making the same assumptions and generalizations that you are trying to get everyone else NOT to make. I agree that EVERY house at LSU is fantastic in their own way. like 70% of students here are from la so it makes sense to me that most girls in all sororities are also mostly from la, lol. all houses at LSU are awesome!!!

By: triggered
by: actuallyAug 31, 2023 7:08:54 PM

I don’t think anyone made any houses sound bad. The logic here has made the ranking system sound bad, which it is. This entire comment thread has only discussed how all chapters shouldn’t be classified as “better” or “worse” than others.

By: actually
by: No RanksAug 31, 2023 7:10:42 PM

There you go again with the “top houses” and “top tiers”. The point of the original post was to say that the rankings are stupid and don’t mean anything. People keep labeling the top houses but what makes them “top”? All of the houses have pretty girls, popular girls, smart girls, rich girls, involved girls, normal girls, funny girls, quiet girls. All of the houses have strong philanthropy projects, strong grades, fun parties (except 1 of the supposed “top” houses that is on probation). So why do people insist on calling 1 house better than another?

In terms of the OOS issue, there was an earlier comment that the “top houses” won’t risk taking someone who they don’t know. Why? Because the girls they know are so much better than the ones they don’t know? That’s ridiculous because there are plenty of amazing OOS girls and these so called “top houses” aren’t even giving these girls a chance since (again - as someone else said) “the OOS girls are the easiest to cut”.

There is NOTHING that makes KD, ChiO, TriDelt any better than ZTA,ADPi, Theta, etc. This is the message that needs to be delivered loud and clear to every house on the row and to all of the PNMs.

By: No Ranks
#19  by: wow   

I’m just amazed this thread hasn’t devolved into the same manic word vomit that every other one has.

By: wow
#20  by: Top   

Bump!

By: Top

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.