facebook

These ranks don’t match real life

by: New member

As an oos pnm who got a bid yesterday, my experience with each house going through recruitment did not match AT ALL with the ranks I’ve read on here for the past 2 years. I don’t know what people are basing these ranks on but I didn’t find the ”top” houses as great as I was expecting, didn’t measure up to the hype, pretty ordinary to me. My favorites were the mids & lows and I even got cut from a low house which bummed me out. I ended up in another one that I really connected with too so I’m super excited. But it definitely struck me how different the houses were compared to what you read on here. This is not an accurate source of info for girls going through recruitment

Posted By: New member
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: finally   

people are finally realizing that hardest to get into doesn’t mean the best

just because a house is hard to get into if you’re not from a certain zip code and went to a certain school means nothing other than that that chapter only takes a handful of girls from an already small pool that they already basically know. Just because they know those girls doesn’t mean those girls will contribute the most to the community through philanthropy money, service hours, GPA, or just being fun to be around.

It’s silly to limit your recruitment strategy to a single area, but a lot of that probably comes from alum pressure who are used to things being done a certain way. The houses that are going to thrive are the ones that open their selection pool to more diverse girls, especially as LSU beings marketing to more and more OOS students.

just my observations after a few years here in various recruitment roles.

By: finally
by: thisAug 23, 2023 9:48:51 AM

this is spot on. what these alums and moms don’t get is that lsu has changed. Back when they rushed there was no tiktok and Insta and lsu was mostly in-state students who only built reputations by being active in the physical communities in Louisiana. It’s not the 80s and 90s anymore and there is way more to being a desirable pnm than just your zip code and relatives.

By: this
by: YESAug 23, 2023 11:00:56 AM

ABSOLUTELY. the old ways are dying and you dont need to have generations of your family who have gone to lsu, gone to certain private schools, or have lived in certain towns to be a great pnm and contribute to Greek life. these “top” chapters are going to have a rough time if they don’t open themselves up to the idea of getting to know wonderful girls from outside their testimonial recruiting pools.

By: YES
by: BFFAug 23, 2023 11:01:26 AM

You are 100% correct! Hard doesn’t equal right for you. Hard doesn’t equal what you need to be happy!

By: BFF
by: LogicAug 23, 2023 11:19:20 AM

Finally someone speaking it. People will find out in the real world tiers aren’t a real thing.

By: Logic
#2  by: YES   

also if those girls are happy in those top houses then that’s fine too! But it doesn’t make those houses better than the others just because of all this.

By: YES
#3  by: lol   

they’re already bumping those dumb ranks back to the top

By: lol
by: lulzAug 23, 2023 2:49:47 PM

They need that validation.

By: lulz
#4  by: Alum   

Good for you for ignoring all of these stupid rankings and focusing on the people you met at the houses. There is a house for everyone and I am so glad you found a place with girls that you like and where you feel like you belong. All of the houses offer the same things - friendship, philanthropy, educational support, social opportunities, leadership etc. One house is not any better than the others. There are pretty girls, popular girls, smart girls and talented girls in every house. I know you will have a wonderful Greek experience because you listened to your heart. Congrats!!

By: Alum
#5  by: Bump   

Bump this above all the stupid lists

By: Bump
by: hahahahaAug 23, 2023 11:55:49 PM

bump again. so tired of ridiculous lists

By: hahahaha
by: panhelAug 23, 2023 11:58:21 PM

bump!

By: panhel
#6  by: yourlistsucks   

bump for the people making lists

By: yourlistsucks
by: bumping Aug 25, 2023 5:33:26 AM

bump lol

By: bumping
by: bumpSep 4, 2023 7:42:04 PM

bumping again

By: bump
by: bumpJan 24, 2024 11:07:49 AM

bumping

by: bumpJan 28, 2024 11:59:40 PM

lol bump

#7  by: Bump it    

Imagine all the girls who think Greek rank list is a real thing. They were planning on adding their rank on their resume as an accomplishment. Lol.

By: Bump it
by: ImagineAug 24, 2023 7:45:24 AM

Imagine how stupid you'd have to be to believe girls would actually add a rank of a sorority to their resume. lol

By: Imagine
#8  by: Awwww   

So triggered. Cope boo.

By: Awwww
by: Die Jan 23, 2024 9:39:18 PM

I can tell u live a miserable life. Keep doing you babes and while ur at it add the ranking of ur house to ur resume! They’ll love to see it

By: Die
#9  by: 💯 agree   

I’m not oos but I still agree 100%. I pledged a low/mid house too because they were my TOP CHOICE the entire time. I fell in love during icewater round and ranked them first every time (above kd and tridelt who I kept getting invited back to as well). Most of my friends did the same & followed their hearts to their homes. But some girls thought we were crazy for turning down “top houses” that obviously wanted us. But I was like “top according to who?” For me, the “top” house is the one that I feel connected with and DECIDE to run home to not what the grapevine says is the best! It’s funny though because many of the girls in my dorm who ended up in top houses are mostly from smaller towns, public schools, and have parents with very middle class jobs so they’re NOT extra special compared to the rest of us. Yet they try to give the impression that top house girls are fancy rich southern legacies when they’re simply not. Hell my dorm neighbor’s parents drive for ride share companies and she’s in a “top house”. End of the day, it’s all an illusion. And I’d much rather be in a house where the sisterhood is authentic not fake

By: 💯 agree
by: ThisAug 24, 2023 12:27:50 PM

And to your point, you will usually find more of the oos girls come from more affluent families. Because those families can actually afford to send their daughters oos (which is very expensive).

By: This
by: THISAug 24, 2023 3:25:17 PM

THIIIIISSS. Like so many girls going through rush who get passed over for being out of state are actually incredibly impressive and accomplished, from good families, went to great schools, have great reputations. Just not in Louisiana. And I get that it’s important to love your community and give back to the area but that’s not the place where this judgement is coming from it’s born from snobbery not caring about the community you were born and raised in. And that’s not okay.

By: THIS
#10  by: This   

And LA is a poor state to begin with compared to the rest of the country.

By: This
by: WowAug 24, 2023 6:40:56 PM

@This - Alrighty then. I think you’ve just proven why select houses here don’t usually like to take risks on many OOS girls. They do - but only after doing a lot of homework! It has absolutely nothing to do with being a “snob” or us thinking we are better than OOS PNMs. It’s about Character. Class. Those two things have nothing to do with money because they don’t cost a thing. You can’t know if a PNM has that after just a couple days and looking at a recruitment application. You either need someone in-house to vouch for you or a really strong rec from an alumna with connections or top houses here don’t want the possibility of a reputation risk on their hands because no one really knows the PNM bc she is OOS. So get over yourself bc clearly you’ve just proven you’re lacking in the class and character departments by insulting Louisiana residents with that comment. Be grateful someone took a chance by offering you a bid and I hope that house doesn’t end up regretting seeing you in their letters.

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.