facebook

recruitment rankings

by: Fall 2014

Numbers, looks, word of mouth, what are you hearing about this fall rush?

Posted By: Fall 2014
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Gophs   

Aphi, KKG, and AOPi in the top three for recruitment

By: Gophs
#2  by: Senior   

I predict that chi omega might surprise people, in a good way

By: Senior
#3  by: Ralpha   

Aphi AOII GPhi KKG PiPhi with the most consistent returning numbers each day (ordering above is random)

By: Ralpha
by: biddaySep 9, 2014 12:40:50 AM

^tru. these houses had the best results after pref round

By: bidday
by: GopherSep 9, 2014 2:58:59 PM

So I'm gonna assume AOII took some of the girls DG wanted and GPhi did the same to AXO. Not surprising considering those two have been on the rise

By: Gopher
by: NoSep 9, 2014 3:08:12 PM

I wouldn't be so sure that's what happened for G Phi and AOII. I thought AXO especially had a really good looking pledge class but maybe that's just me

By: No
by: GophersSep 9, 2014 4:00:10 PM

No: I was just making a generalization, I'm sure AXO did fine. I know AOII, DG, and Pi Phi are generally more popular for certain PNMs and AXO, Gphi, and APhi tend to be more popular for another set of girls. general trend here

By: Gophers
by: BystanderSep 10, 2014 2:12:51 AM

Seriiously I was surprised by both Gphi and AXO's pledge classes- nice job guys!

By: Bystander
#4  by: msach   

what happened to DG?

By: msach
#5  by: yes   

DG wasn't good the first couple days but ended strong

By: yes
by: WomSep 9, 2014 12:58:00 PM

Heard through word of mouth they didn't get the members they thought they would/wanted

By: Wom
by: YupSep 9, 2014 2:09:15 PM

I heard a multiple houses felt that way

By: Yup
#6  by: Top 5   

The generally accepted trend for this year'a recruitment was that each round, the top 5 highest ranked houses tended to be AOII aphi pi phi KKG and gphi, in no order. Numbers don't lie. That being said, those numbers don't mean that other houses didn't get incredible pledge classes too, because I'm sure that they did!

By: Top 5
by: prefSep 10, 2014 12:07:31 AM

I find interesting the houses most pnms were preffing at. A bunch preffed at both Aphi and Gphi, which I think is an interesting combo. In the past, pnms typically either preffed at Aphi, KKG, and PiPhi/DG or at Axo, Gphi, and AOII. Houses are definitely changing.

By: pref
#7  by: Mean girls   

Pi Beta Phi and Kappa Kappa Gamma definitely got the majority of the "mean girls from high school" types. Take that for what it is.

By: Mean girls
#8  by: Kk   

What does everyone think the new rankings are then? From reading this it sounds like this. (Orders of the tiers is alphabetical, actual rank depends on people's own opinions.)

A phi/kappa

AOll/Pi phi

AXO/Dg?/g phi

Chi o?

AGD/theta

I wasn't sure about dg and chi o. I think chi o did pretty well considering they're so new, but I've heard that they lost a lot of girls due to not having a house since most pnms wanted the "full sorority experience". Then I didn't hear a lot about dg on here but it sounded like pi phi and AOll did really well so I put them with gphi and AXO. I'm sure some will say gphi should be up with pi phi and AOll but I think that's too early to tell. Another thing I'd say after this years recruitment is that in the past a phi and kappa have been the clear top 2, but with their pc's this year I feel like the gap is closing. The top 4 or 5 can be really different depending on who you talk to, especially with the new babies. During recruitment I heard a lot of pnms that went aphi or kappa loved AOll, g phi, and chi o too. Thoughts everyone?

By: Kk
by: EhSep 10, 2014 10:28:03 AM

I agree the gap between the top few are DEFINITELY changing. In my opinion the rankings are more like this........

Kappa
Pi Phi
A Phi
AOII
G Phi
DG
AXO
Chi O
AGD
Theta

By: Eh
by: GophersSep 10, 2014 10:56:05 AM

If what everyone is saying about this years rush is true (time will tell), since each pledge class is about 40 girls I would say "eh" is correct, especially with the AOII Gphi, DG order. This was bound to happen, looking at last years numbers. However, I'd say they are all probably pretty close and everyone will have their own opinion in due time

by: GophersSep 10, 2014 10:57:41 AM

However I would switch up phi and aphi

by: YesSep 10, 2014 11:07:52 AM

I think Kk, eh, and gophers all have it right. The orders switching up and time will tell what the real rankings are. My only thought is that I think axo should be thrown in the mix of dg/gphi/aopi. From what people are saying above it sounds like they got a great pledge class and I also heard a lot of their girls that preffed at piphi/kappa/aphi but slipped through the cracks. I'd say they and gphi made the biggest leaps this year. Good job girls!

By: Yes
by: HmmSep 10, 2014 4:05:05 PM

Too early to make actual rankings for the years but based on the new pledge classes this is what I would say:

Kappa
A Phi/Pi Phi
AOII
DG/gphi
AXO
XO
AGD
Theta

I think that the first three houses are pretty logical. AOII's recruitment this year has clearly put them ahead of DG even though they were pretty even in the past. DG is falling, and if it weren't for previous reputation I would put gphi above them. Gphi's last two pledge classes have been extremely impressive from what I've seen, distinguishing them above AXO. That being said, AXO has remained pretty static as a very well liked, solid middle tier house. The rest are self explanatory, but XO had a great first year of formal rec so I wouldn't count them out.

My prediction is that if things continue on this path, in the next few years AOII will take a phi's spot in top 3 with gphi rounding out the top 5.

By: Hmm
#9  by: Gophs   

^completely agree. Aopi also did well but they've been steadily rising the last year whereas axo and gphi made big jumps this year. I'd say the clear consensus is that those 3 are on the rise and dg is on the downfall for the middle tier houses.

By: Gophs
#10  by: Pressbox   

As an alumni of a greek house, I find this board deplorable. Talking about which house is better than the other- who the mean girls are- etc. What is wrong with you girls? You should constantly be building one another up as Greek women. I am embarrassed by this. All houses are equal- PERIOD. There should not be a ranking when the quota is virtually the same for each house. Who the good girls are can be very subjective. Perhaps one house values philanthropy more than they value a Monday night party night. Are the party girls better than the girls that value philanthropy? Picking a sorority is picking those girls you fit in with the best. You live with these people day in and day out for hopefully 4 years. Shame on you girls for talking smack about other chapters this way and ranking them. This is NOT the way young professional women should act. Let's show why being Greek and belonging to not only the Greek system but being in a Sorority benefits women of today. Why not instead talk about the kinds of things each sorority offers rather than who ( using emotional opinion only) is the coolest and most popular. This shows immaturity and makes the Greek system look bad to parents researching the Greek system. I would like to see you act more dignified. In the professional world by the way- you would never bad mouth a competitor. You might discuss the differences of offerings or product, but NEVER would you bad mouth them. This is beneath you girls!

By: Pressbox
by: TurdFergusonSep 10, 2014 6:24:05 PM

But if you derive your self worth based on your social status, then this website is very helpful and informative!

By: TurdFerguson
by: FamousJettJacksonSep 10, 2014 7:24:20 PM

But if this website didn't exist, then we wouldn't have a platform for our rankings and smack-talk, and they would no longer be anonymous.

I think the anonymity of this website should be embraced. Anonymity fosters the type of honest discourse that wouldn't often be achieved in the public sphere under the scrutiny of identity.

By: FamousJettJackson
by: UmSep 11, 2014 1:00:00 PM

Lol if you're an alum with a real job why are you here

By: Um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.