Gamma Phi
Pi Phi

Chi O
Alpha Phi
Alpha Chi
DG
AOII
AGD

The controversy on here is completely manufactured by some girl thinking she can move her house from the bottom half to the top half. In order to do that, though, you have to do more post malicious comments on the internet. There are so many more things that the top houses do every day and that they are recognized for.

I'm glad someone finally called the authorities about the cyberbullying. This site can easily mislead PNMs.

For every real ranking like this on you'll see 10 - 20 rankings that are self-serving for one house. If you're a PNM, use this site carefully. It's more reliable to look at the houses that win the prestigious President's Trophy each spring. This year the pan houses that won are Theta, runner up Tri Delta, academics and community involvement Gamma Phi, and multicultural Pi Phi.

Posted By: Real Ranks
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 3
#21  by: funny    

I asked my mom about how the different houses were ranked in her day. She said that the more elite houses (her term) were Kappa, Theta, and Pi Phi. The other really good houses were Gamma Phi, Chi O, and Tri Delta. Girls were happy if they got any of those six houses. Right below that were Alpha Chi and Dee Gee. There were several other houses then that we don't have now, some of those left because they had problems attracting PNMs.

By: funny
#22  by: tiers   

If you're looking at which girls are at the same prefs, it's Kappa and Theta girls at each other's parties. Also Tri Delta and Gamma Phi at each other's. You'll find some Pi Phis mixed in at both and also some girls from all these houses at each other's. Chi O and A Phi are at each other's parties and DG and AXO. AOIIs are at all those parties and some AGDs.

By: tiers
by: yesMay 8, 2014 10:48:57 PM

The parties are proof of which houses compete. It is so funny when you see the rankings that Chi O puts up on here. It's like they think we don't go here or something.

By: yes
by: prefMay 10, 2014 8:09:44 PM

True. The pref parties are what will help you decide. Ask the actives why they chose their house and why they love it. This isn't the place to make decisions about a house that you'll love.

By: pref
#23  by: yeah   

Accurate post

By: yeah
#24  by: bullies   

Yeah. This is the truth. I saw some of the posts by the bully and they're pretty lame since everyone knows that one of the houses that they say is a top house is actually a pretty low ranked house - chi o.

By: bullies
#25  by: middle   

The top houses are right, but I take some issue with the middle houses. I truly believe that Alpha Chi is the top middle house after this last year's recruitment. They got some really great girls and have done very well this year. Alpha Phi thinks they're better because they recruit for looks, but they take girls with bad grades and worse reputations. Chi O got a class that's not at all attractive and took girls that I thought would go AGD. But Alpha Chi's class is pretty, smart, social, and involved. I really think they've moved up.

By: middle
#26  by: yes   

the controversy is COMPLETELY manufactured - no one at OU thinks Chi O is a top 5 house

By: yes
#27  by: truth   

I'm opposed to the idea of tiers because I think houses are too different to lump together and say they're all the same. However, I agree that you can designate certain houses as being top houses by looking at the same criteria that are considered in president's trophy decisions. The houses that are top houses win every year. The PT winner is different every year but the same five houses are in the mix every year. Top houses = KAT, KKG, DDD, GPB, PBP.

By: truth
by: thanksMay 15, 2014 12:27:28 AM

It's nice to hear a reasonable voice in all the hub-bub. Even though there is apparently a girl who doesn't like one of the top houses, this is the actual ranking at least for the top 5. I might agree with #28, though, about the middle houses. And I honestly think AOII and AGD are coming up.

By: thanks
#28  by: girls   

This is accurate based on facts.

By: girls

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.