facebook

rankings incl. locals

by: GeeGee

Go for it.

Posted By: GeeGee
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: TSM   

PS Tri Delts have absolutely more to offer than their looks that's what I'm saying. They deserve to be mixed with more than ZOE and OPS, they aren't even sororities.

By: TSM
#12  by: TSM   

Please God tell me this is a joke. Keep the geeds out of the system please it's bad enough already.

by: TSMMay 18, 2015 6:55:10 PM

Serious reply button issues.....

by: TSM2May 18, 2015 9:52:19 PM

You honestly don't seem the the nicest person. If I were you, I'd work on my personality and kindness. That way when your looks eventually fade, you still have something to offer

By: TSM2
by: TSMMay 19, 2015 9:21:21 AM

Not a mean person, just an elitist about the greek system and a little shallow... It seems to me you're likely a tridelt and a lot of tridelts can be pretty elitist too, which is not a bad thing in my opinion, tri delta is a great organization. What really irritates me is that I don't feel organizations like ZOE, OPS and now this new group have earned the right to wear letters. These organizations have no history whatsoever and were founded based on the fact they weren't able to get into SPA (in ZOE and OPS case). These girls pledged another sorority and believed they fit into it and when they didn't make the cut they decided to make their own group... They know nothing about being greek, even xi delts and nu sigs have longterm history and are respectable groups. Clearly our acceptance of OPS and ZOE has given gdi's the impression that if you can't get into a sorority just start your own or these groups wouldn't keep popping up, it's ridiculous. It affects all of us because these girls are around campus wearing letters and repping the greek community to future rush giving them the impression this is what we're like.

by: TSM2May 19, 2015 10:34:43 AM

My organization doesn't matter to this conversation. I'm just saying that if they want to "pretend" to be sororities, that's their choice. But you have to remember that every sorority whether it was founded in the 1800s or the 2000s started somewhere. No sorority had history when it was first founded.

by: TSM May 19, 2015 10:55:25 AM

I understand that but sororities are generally founded on beliefs rather than being kicked out of pledge classes there's a huge difference. And yes while other Greeks understand they're pretending it's unfortunate future rush tend to not be as well versed in greek politics. Not worth stressing over but it's getting out of hand.

by: TSM2May 19, 2015 11:55:21 AM

So bar them from being a part of UOGC or CUGC. But there's no way to stop them from existing. Let them have their sisterhood, but unless founded on real principles, don't let them join in on GreekOs, Derby Days, etc.

by: TSM2May 19, 2015 12:05:38 PM

Also, I don't know what organization you're a part of (guessing APhi since you like internationals better) or who you are, but I know when I rushed, I looked up each sorority a head of time to make decisions about where I wanted to end up. Any smart person joining the Greek System would do the same.

by: TSMMay 19, 2015 1:18:44 PM

I agree with barring them completely, IMO they really should've never made it onto UOGC in the first place. And yes I actually took greek life into consideration when choosing universities so that's very true, the serious girls will look into it.
PS as if the new group are ZOE rejects I find that too funny!

by: TSMMay 19, 2015 2:30:59 PM

Haha agree completely! My type of rush sought out my sorority anyways. They probably aren't the random girls talking to OPS and ZOEs lolll.

#13  by: Call me Steve-O   

Hotness
Best: Alpha phi
Xi delta theta

Worst: OPS
Nu Sigma Pi

Popularity:
Best: Xi Delta Theta
Alpha Phi

Worst: ZOE
OPS

Classiness:
Best: Tri delta
ZOE

Worst: Nu Sigma Pi
Xi delta theta
SPA

Philanthropy:
Best: Alpha Phi
Tri delta

Worst: SPA
Nu sigma Pi

Fun Mixers:
Best: Xi delta theta
Alpha phi

Worst: Nu sigma Pi

Formals/formal dates:
Best: Xi delta theta
Alpha phi

Worst: Nu sigma Pi
Tri delta

By: Call me Steve-O
by: lolMay 19, 2015 12:37:04 PM

Alpha Phi with best Philanthropy? That's an absolute joke.
ZOE with worst popularity? Also a joke.
Nu Sigs with worst mixers? Ridiculous

By: lol
by: TSM2May 19, 2015 1:34:25 PM

I can appreciate that Alpha Phi raised a TON for Derby Days, but saying the amount they raised in unmatched is not really true. One of the sororities (I believe Xi delts) raised like $700 for create your own event which was more than APhi and Tri Delta raised $1900 for Huntsman which was $800 ahead of alpha Phi. Don't diminish other sororities' accomplishments because there were a lot of amazing contributors to Derby Days.

Their effort was not unmatched either- Tri Delts put so much effort into their dance and absolutely dominated it; The banner the SPAs created was a work of art and the most incredible banner I've EVER seen at Derby Days; and Xi Delta Theta's makeovers for Dress-A-Sig were absolutely fantastic and realistic.

by: sororitygrlMay 19, 2015 2:09:46 PM

What's significant about APhi's derby days performance is that in that one event they raised more than other sororities did all year. So "lol" shouldn't be knocking them at all.
Only exception would be Tri Delta who also went full force for derby days. Both sororities deserve top credit for philanthropy.

By: sororitygrl
by: lolMay 19, 2015 2:16:09 PM

I already said I don't know much about Derby Days or whatever. From what I know, it's a thing for the guys? So basically, they spend more time and effort for Sigma Chi to get credit, but don't focus on their own philanthropy. That's my point. Seems like they only try hard when it'll gain them popularity and I don't respect that.

by: sororitygrlMay 19, 2015 2:39:28 PM

If you don't know much about Derby Days, it requires A LOT of time and effort to make the kind of money that APhi and Tridelts made. Like I mentioned, these two raised more money during this event alone than most sororities did all year. Not to say that other sororities are useless in philanthropy, they're not. Although I haven't heard of huge monetary contributions I believe Xi delts probably put more time into philanthropy year round than any other sorority. They seem to be constantly having philanthropy events and I admire that about them.

by: lolMay 19, 2015 2:47:01 PM

here's the thing though. You said aphi and tri delta raised lots of money for derby days which is good. The difference is, I see tri delta doing other philanthropic work like their pancake dinner and that thing they did in the fall and various bake sales. I also see xi delta contirbuting their time to charity because at the end of the day, time and effort are as good as cash. I rarely see alpha phi doing stuff. It seems like they ignore their own philanthropy to make money for the boys. It's great that they made money derby days but they should focus on their own charity work is what I'm saying.

by: sororitygrlMay 19, 2015 2:58:40 PM

Then you don't know very much about Alpha Phi.

by: KarenMay 19, 2015 3:01:48 PM

Do Nu Sigs do philanthropy? Or is that not a thing for them? Jw.

By: Karen
#14  by: lol   

Hotness
Top Two:
Xi Delta Theta
Alpha Phi

Bottom two:
OPS
Nu Sigma Pi

Popularity:
TOP Two
Xi Delta Theta
Alpha Phi

Bottom Two:
OPS
Theta Sigma Pi

Classiness:
Top two:
Tri Delta
ZOES

Bottom Two:
Alpha Phi
SPAs

Philanthropy:
TOP Two:
Tri Delta
ZOEs

Bottom Two
Xi Delts
Nu Sigs

Fun Mixers:
Top Two
Xi Delts
Nu Sigs

Bottom Two:
ZOES
OPS

Formals/formal dates:
Top Two:
Alpha Phi
Tri Delta

Bottom Two:
Nu Sigs
SPAS

by: lolMay 19, 2015 12:54:14 PM

Let me Add:

Personality
Top Two
ZOES
OPS

Bottom Two
Alpha Phi
Xi Delts

by: Call me Steve-oMay 19, 2015 1:06:33 PM

Personality:
Top- Alpha Phi
Tri delta

Bottom- Nu Sig
Xi delts
ZOEs

All three bottom are way too hyperactive and dense.

By: Call me Steve-o
by: TSMMay 19, 2015 1:20:08 PM

Hahahaha ZOE and OPS for personality? I guess I can disregard your entire rankings, you have a very "unique" opinion. Lol.

by: lolMay 19, 2015 1:52:17 PM

TSM- that's just my opinion. Of all the girls I meet, these two groups are the most down to earth.

#15  by: GR   

LOL "Local" Sororities 😅

By: GR
#16  by: ....   

Jess p is hot

By: ....
by: ^Oct 29, 2015 6:17:50 PM

not so much

By: ^
by: ^^Oct 31, 2015 11:21:43 AM

Thanks for your input, Jess.

By: ^^
by: UmNov 2, 2015 8:53:08 PM

When washed up alum hit on fraternity actives...

By: Um
#17  by: Aww   

Repost hasn't changed but DPhiE can be added to mid

By: Aww
#18  by: Nah   

I actually think tiers have changed a lot this past year:

Not in order

Top:
Phi Sigma Sigma
Delta delta delta
Alpha Phi

Upper Mid:
DPhiE
Alpha Pi Phi
Tau Sig

Lower mid:
Xi Delta Theta
AOII
Nu Sigma Pi

Bottom:
ZOE
OPS
Theta

By: Nah
by: JW?Apr 20, 2016 11:36:14 PM

How can you put dphie as upper mid when they haven't even had a chance to fully establish themselves yet?

By: JW?
by: LOLApr 21, 2016 8:13:20 AM

Thx tridelt but move yourself down to bottom and you'll be a little more accurate. I think DPhiE seems pretty well established though, if you're judging on solely the past year they recruited a lot better than most other chapters.

By: LOL
#19  by: GG   

Top:
APP
Phi Sig

Mid:
Xi Delt
Nu Sig
Tau Sig

Lower:
OPS
Tri Delt
Theta
ZOE

By: GG
by: lolApr 22, 2016 2:21:58 PM

when they claim to be a geegee but list all the carleton sororities but fail to mention aphi, ok

by: HahahaApr 22, 2016 5:13:56 PM

No kidding, no one at Ottawa u would forget Aphi + only an app would say app is top

By: Hahaha
#20  by: @xi delts    

someone tell Jess p it's illegal to use other people's pics on your blogs

By: @xi delts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.