facebook

predictions for the new sorority delta gamma?

by: Roger Sterling

We have seen ADPi make their way onto campus. Do you think that DG is going to be the next ADPI? or do you think that they are going to be different? I personally feel like this is just going to further stretch that talent out even thinner with all the other sororities.

Posted By: Roger Sterling
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yes   

Any sorority that tries to colonize in the fall semester will inherently only recruit two types of girls: 1. The girls that went through Spring recruitment the year prior and dropped out for any number of reasons. 2. The girls that hesitated to rush in the previous Spring for any number of reasons.

Those girls are going to be second-rate compared to the girls that truly rushed in the Spring and received bids. The difference is, the Spring girls went out of their way to actively go Greek. They are the 'go-getters' that organizations look for. The second-rate girls are the ones that hesitated to rush or weren't given bids when they initially went through.

So, yes, DG will end up recruiting second-rate girls. Since ADPi came on first they already took the pick of the litter (of second-rate girls), so DG will have an even harder time finding girls to rush that are actually WORTH rushing.

By: Yes
by: wowJul 7, 2013 3:35:06 PM

i feel smarter after reading tht

By: wow
by: CheergrlFeb 6, 2015 4:49:23 PM

I think it's sad that you will judge the girls that choose to start a sorority. Being a founding member of a sorority, I am not a second-rate individual at all and neither are my sisters. We wanted to start something that was bigger than ourselves and leave a legacy on our campus. Think before you judge others.

By: Cheergrl
by: ReasonApr 27, 2015 12:04:29 PM

Guess that didn't work out for you.

By: Reason
#2  by: Haha   

As long as all the hot ones are in all the pictures they might turn out alright.

By: Haha
by: kitchenJul 8, 2013 11:03:49 AM

nice try, ADPi

By: kitchen
by: hmAug 29, 2013 8:44:11 PM

literally the philosophy of ADPi

By: hm
by: YesAug 30, 2013 11:10:11 AM

Makes for some great pictures though

By: Yes
#3  by: MyOpinion   

I think delta gamma is a great organization on a national level which will help, but all starts are rocky.

By: MyOpinion
#4  by: Yes fan   

Whoever wrote the comment about ADPi recruiting second rate girls, I'd like to shake your hand.

By: Yes fan
#5  by: Well   

Am I the only person who thought of the psycho bi tch who wrote that email when they hear Delta Gamma?

By: Well
#6  by: adorable   

adpi girls are pretty damn good, just saying.

By: adorable
by: mmmSep 1, 2013 10:32:09 AM

They got some closet freaks

By: mmm
#7  by: Caitlin   

My initial thought when I heard a new organization was coming to CNU was that is was going to be like ADPi and be a bunch of girls who seemingly didn't fit in anywhere else, but this past year I've come to realize that it is still a valuable organization to our community and that even though many of those girls don't fit the stereotypical sorority girl type, they love their sisters and they find a sense of self worth and purpose through their sorority. With DG, it could be a carbon copy of ADPi and just take the girls who didn't get bids or who were on the fence about Greek life and didn't rush, or they could be girls like myself who have wanted to go Greek for a while now but have been worried about other things like financial or academic issues and the timing has just not been right. I'm sure takeoff will be rough, but I'm sure both Alpha Delta Pi and Delta Gamma will find their stride and have an awesome impact on CNU.

By: Caitlin
by: kJan 31, 2014 7:20:48 AM

> "grow up"
> is a DU

By: k
by: BroseidonTFMFeb 3, 2014 10:46:33 PM

So much for having a tight-knit Greek community. You only care about hot guys, getting laid, and looking pretty. And only mix with the bigger fraternities on campus although we contact the social chair from every group on campus. Even if we do charter, I feel like nobody in the Greek community will care. Thanks a lot.

By: BroseidonTFM
by: hFeb 4, 2014 9:46:10 PM

^ literally no one cares

By: h
#8  by: Captain69   

I'm still kind of unsure, CNU is kinda small after all

By: Captain69
#9  by: dg   

Hey, so I'm a DG at another school in VA. When you get down to it and look at everything we're about and everything we stand for, it's a great organization. Yes, colonization is rough and you usually don't get the top girls, we're a great sorority. I'm sure the first year will be rough at CNU, but I'm also sure that if you give it a couple years, they'll be fine.

By: dg
by: dgtooNov 3, 2014 8:35:00 AM

Not every first year is rough. Depends on attitudes, advisers, commitment to the Fraternity's values and ideals. The DG chapter at NC State, founded in 2002, is amazing! Collegians barely understand that the most successful chapters are almost always the ones that have the hardest working, most dedicated advisers.

By: dgtoo
#10  by: A Horse With No Name   

BroseidonTFM needs to stop being such a troll. Giving us DU's a bad name smh

By: A Horse With No Name

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.