facebook

Is it honestly worth it here

by: FratLife?

Debating on if I should rush, is Greek life any fun here

Posted By: FratLife?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: unlucky   

As a graduate leaving the Greek life scene at IUPUI, I must say it was an average experience. There were certainly challenges that one must endure, and truth be told, there are simpler ways to form meaningful friendships than through Greek life here. It's disheartening to witness inflated egos, internal politics, objectification of women, and excessive drinking within this community. If given the chance to start over, I wouldn't even consider rushing. I'd prefer to pursue my own interests and forge connections on my own terms. These fraternities will entice you with promises during the pledging process, only to cast you aside once you're in. It's best to steer clear. However, I acknowledge that this is solely my perspective. Moreover, it's worth mentioning that IUPUI's Greek life poses potential risks and lacks dedicated houses.

By: unlucky
by: WelllllllSep 9, 2023 11:20:38 PM

You do know you could have dropped if you felt that way. And you can STILL pursue your own interests while in a frat OR sorority. JS….

By: Welllllll
#2  by: formerTKE   

hell no

By: formerTKE
#3  by: dill    

no…i wish i hadn’t. ended up getting my bussy spread

By: dill
#4  by: meeke   

Oh, look at that, the Greek life has infiltrated the IFC regulatory board! How predictable. Those pathetic individuals from the IFC, who supposedly exist to prevent hazing, are nothing but a bunch of spineless cowards. They'll find any excuse to subject you to their twisted rituals, all while conveniently avoiding any consequences. It's truly laughable. So, why bother wasting twelve agonizing hours attending their so-called liability training when, in the end, you'll be hazed regardless? It's a futile exercise, my friend, just another slap in the face from an organization that pretends to care while reveling in their sadistic traditions. you know who you are...

By: meeke
#5  by: eli   

greek life here is pathetic. wish i had gone to a state school

By: eli
#6  by: Ex iupui   

I cannot speak on fraternities, but as someone who was in a sorority I regret my experience and joining before I decided to leave. If you get in with the right people it is a good experience, but there is a chance you will not like it if you do not get in with the right people.

By: Ex iupui
#7  by: StudentLifeSucks   

You won’t find anything here that will compare to what you’d get at a state school. The only ways you can make a ton of friends is by joining a lot of campus organizations or rushing. It really depends which fraternity you rush because there are some that have a bad rep and you’d be able to pick up on the red flags just by having a quick chat with some of those dudes. If you’re looking to just party, you wont find that at any fraternity here. So if you want to have occasional fun, just check it out.

By: StudentLifeSucks
#8  by: Anonymous   

If you join the right organization it’s definitely worth it. I have friends that joined TKE and have told me it’s the best decision of their life. I personally never joined but have hung around them quite a bit. Really good guys and they do a lot for the community.

By: Anonymous
by: davenAug 12, 2023 4:19:26 AM

stfu, dsig hates TEKE even though you guys wrecked us in basketball

By: daven
by: tokenblackguyAug 12, 2023 4:20:14 AM

i found the TEKE OF THE WEKE boys

By: tokenblackguy
#9  by: Billy ross   

No waste of money

By: Billy ross
#10  by: Emma   

this about sums up greek life here

By: Emma

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.