facebook

All You Need to Know about Alpha Phi

by: yep

Yep its true. Surface stuff is all that matters in certain organizations. APhi is one of those groups that has institutionalized discrimination based solely on the surface/looks. A full explanation of how recruitment works at APhi can be found here for those that are interested - just remove the spaces in the internet address. My advice is to RUN DON'T WALK from this group who sets women back 400 years! h t t p s : / / do cs . go o gl e . c om /d ocu ment / d / 1 J Q f u I A0 lx 5P Hf3V FDhQ 8 ST nR1Q W pMNI0 G7Z6x ths hRM / e dit

Posted By: yep
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: ick   

Just looked at retention stats and maybe people have been voting with their feet and leaving APhi......

Sisterhood and chapter values do matter and the retention stats tell a very interesting story. Check them out as they are more than worth a look.

By: ick
#12  by: up   

Bump - Vote to CANCEL APhi! No place for racism at our school!

By: up
#13  by: ick   

I've been scratching my head and wondering if anyone has anything positive to say about APhi? Or, if any positives do exist about the group here at school, that it doesn't really matter all that much because of what the group and its National support and perpetuate via their recruiting standards. IDK, institutionalised racism via the recruitment process at APhi seemed to stop my brain in its track in terms of trying to come up with anything positive to say about the group here. Ideas? Does what this house represents simply overshadow everything else about the house and its members? Seems to me like it just might.

by: yupJul 9, 2020 12:53:03 PM

I know some great girls in here but their personalities are overshadowed so much by their house’s terrible recruitment practices and lack of morality and kindness in their chapter.

By: yup
by: HmmmAug 21, 2020 8:32:13 PM

Have you ever thought it isn’t a “top house” and since so many girls drop that the issue is the losers who want to be in that house are really bottom tier people lookIn for a way to feel like they have any value?

By: Hmmm
#14  by: up   

Another bump because every time I read this OP I get angry!

#15  by: Hmmm ok    

This is hysterical. You all are bashing this house due to its unethical rush practices, yet you all rank them as the top house on this website when they should be at the bottom. Got it.

By: Hmmm ok
#16  by: up   

Bumping because APhi needs to be cancelled IMMEDIATELY!

#17  by: Wow    

I know so many girls who were uncomfortable while rushing Aphi

By: Wow
by: yetJul 18, 2020 7:16:54 PM

So so agree. I remember feeling uncomfortable because of the way the people in the house seemed to be uncomfortable with each other. The vibe was way strange. To PNMs, pls do your best with this crazy recruitment system this year to try and figure out how the sisters treat each other as it will give you an idea of how you might be treated if you join the house. Ask yourself if you feel comfortable with how you are treated and do the people in the house feel comfortable with each other? Vibe matters, Respect matter, Kindness matters, Respect matters. Anyone can fake 'nice' for a few hours but look beyond 'nice' and see how people are treating each other.

By: yet
#18  by: true   

Yes, APhi ranks its pledge class and that ranking will follow you for 4 years at Purdue. Meat gets 'graded' into Prime, Choice etc. BUT TO RANK HUMAN BEINGS????? APhi also has a national policy of paying to party with frats. How much did APhi spend last year at Purdue???? Just wanna know.

By: true
by: HahahahahaJul 21, 2020 10:54:34 AM

You’re really reaching with that national policy thing saweetie🤣🤣🤣

By: Hahahahaha
#19  by: meh   

Bump, so pnms can see the truth.

But honestly, I’ve never met a girl who enjoys being in aphi past her first year...

By: meh
by: ickJul 27, 2020 7:55:09 PM

@meh, I think you nailed it with your comment. I agree with you that most people don't get much from APhi in terms of sisterhood and overall experience beyond the first year. This issue speaks to the lack of substance of the chapter and its members. I went back and looked at last years graduation comments for all the houses to see what people that were graduating said about their 4 years in their house and also what their sisters said about the graduating seniors. Other houses demonstrated deep friendship, caring and great connection which was built over 4 years in the house. I guess people join houses for any number of reasons, but reading some of the comments made by and about graduating seniors told me a lot about our community and how some houses really prioritize friendship and connection, while others don't really care too much about each other.

#20  by: meg   

Not sure why you all are being so negative about our house? So what if we recruit in a very specific way? So what if we only want to be surrounded by certain types of people? So what? We are a private organization and can do whatever we please and nothing can be done about it by anyone outside of our chapter and our national. PS. We already have our pledge class picked and there is nothing you can do about that either! So annoying about all this hate, find some place else to throw your shade as we won't change as there is no need to change.

By: meg
by: BruhAug 2, 2020 8:25:25 AM

This is heartbreaking to read. The fact you admit to it. PS some of those girls won’t want to be in that pledge class and I hope every pnm sees this and reads this. 😢👁👄👁

By: Bruh
by: WowwwAug 2, 2020 10:15:50 AM

Shallow AF. No need to change making your PNMs feel insecure about their bodies/appearance, what their parents do for a living, and how much money they have? Yeah. You may have your PC picked but they will drop you so fast. For sure by the end of their first year with Aphi.

By: Wowww
by: bruhAug 2, 2020 3:22:55 PM

Bruh y'all are dumb as he11 for thinking an Aphi actually wrote this lol

By: bruh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.