facebook

All You Need to Know about Alpha Phi

by: yep

Yep its true. Surface stuff is all that matters in certain organizations. APhi is one of those groups that has institutionalized discrimination based solely on the surface/looks. A full explanation of how recruitment works at APhi can be found here for those that are interested - just remove the spaces in the internet address. My advice is to RUN DON'T WALK from this group who sets women back 400 years! h t t p s : / / do cs . go o gl e . c om /d ocu ment / d / 1 J Q f u I A0 lx 5P Hf3V FDhQ 8 ST nR1Q W pMNI0 G7Z6x ths hRM / e dit

Posted By: yep
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: oop   

Aphi is officially cancelled 🥴

By: oop
by: pamJul 5, 2020 12:49:19 AM

I agree that Aphi should be cancelled/terminated/ended/burned down and out/finished at Purdue. We don't need this at our school and they make the entire community look bad. Really bad.

By: pam
#2  by: Big Mad   

Anyone who downvotes the OP is either a simp or someone who can’t handle the truth.

By: Big Mad
#3  by: no   

To spare everyone the time the link provided was for U Mich rush a completely different chapter and process than Purdue. Nice try.

By: no
by: YesJun 29, 2020 11:25:23 PM

The entire point was that its nationals

By: Yes
by: nice tryJun 30, 2020 1:53:26 AM

You do realize that the rush process is created and mandated by nationals right?

By: nice try
by: ...Jun 30, 2020 8:38:24 AM

Sweetie it’s too late, sorry

By: ...
by: yesJul 5, 2020 12:54:06 AM

@no, you must be one of the many academically challenged Aphi members with a less than 2.0 GPA as its quite clear that you either didn't read or didn't understand the OP.

The issue is that the standards for recruitment at Purdue are set by National. Purdue chapter follows the National guidelines to the letter and so ranks all of its members and all of the PNM. Aphi already probably has its fall recruitment done at this point too. Same old same old nonsense from Aphi and it happens every year. Panhel does nothing and seems to stand for nothing too which is probably as bad as the Aphi recruitment guidelines and standards.

By: yes
#4  by: Educate yourself   

FYI, that article was about UMich NOT Purdue.Yes, nationals has an influence over a chapters rush process but they do not 100% control it because different campuses have different rules. They cannot force all of their chapters to recruit this way nor would they. After an article like that coming out, A Phi nationals probably avoid the words “appearance” or “pretty” like the plague during rush. If anything, of all the “top houses” A Phi probably has a slightly less appearance dominated rush process than other “top houses” like Kappa or Chi O in recent years in light of that article coming out and trying to not have any more bad press be associated with their organization. And if you want to speak about setting “women back 400 years” lets have a chat about how you are going out of your way to blatantly not support other women and instead are tearing them down! Practice what you preach☺️

By: Educate yourself
by: NoJun 30, 2020 2:26:15 PM

Have you ever wondered why most chapters differ greatly across the country while aphi manages to keep up a similar appearance no matter what school??? Toxic....

By: No
by: IronyJun 30, 2020 7:39:39 PM

"Blatantly not support other women and instead are tearing them down" APhi in a nutshell for you.

By: Irony
by: The irony Jul 6, 2020 9:20:30 PM

@irony that’s what they do best

By: The irony
#5  by: 6ix9ine   

APhi STAY MAD. AH-HAH, AH-HAH, AH-HAH

By: 6ix9ine
#6  by: so what   

Yeah they bid on looks first. so what don't all top strat houses bid on looks first.

By: so what
by: Stop the Damage ControlJul 1, 2020 7:10:15 AM

Looks will only take you so far. Once people see you have nothing else to offer, they move TF on. No wonder APhi leads in drops.

By: Stop the Damage Control
by: smhJul 1, 2020 12:47:34 PM

APhi leads in drops because, as stated in the source, they basically decide on who to have in the house based on external score. So after open house, there’s no need to have the ones they didn’t already cherry pick back. If you didn’t make the cut before recruitment, there’s no need to try.

By: smh
#7  by: pip   

the best part is we’ll go back to school and they’ll still be a top house and nobody will care about this post in a week. Just save your breath it’s not doing anything to try and cancel them on a gossip site. If you cared so much why don’t you advocate your issues with them publicly you really didn’t do anything don’t give yourself so much credit

By: pip
by: UhmJul 1, 2020 8:36:22 AM

I actually have tried to reach out to them about their issues and got told to stfu soooo

By: Uhm
#8  by: mad   

The person talking about the importance of advocating beyond Greekrank is correct I think. APhi Nationals has had its 'Recruitment Program' in place for years and each year tweaks it a bit but NOTHING has changed. Things won't change unless people chose to down vote APhi during recruitment and not support their actions and priorities by saying they don't want to join.

When you look at all the weak and cowardly women members of the Purdue APhi's who don't have the courage to stand up for what is right AND ARE MEMBERS OF APhi, that is the group of people who concern me.

Here at Purdue, we have an ENTIRE HOUSE of women who are saying its OK to treat fellow human beings as sides of beef during recruitment and as a lifelong member and all that matters are looks or the 'right look'.

IDK if I would go so far as to say that we are talking about organized racism. BUT, with everything that is going on today in the world does the Purdue community really need ANY GROUP such as APhi who really just want a group of people that look and act a certain way and most probably come from very specific places? I DON'T THINK SO!

Change to the sorry organization of APhi needs to be demanded by the Purdue Panhel Community. BUT, change needs to start within APhi and what I find sad and pathetic is that NOT ONCE have we seen any moves by ANYONE in APhi to make any public comments about recruitment or clarify what they stand for or what they support in terms of the treatment of PNMs.

To me, the whole think stinks to high heaven and yet each year the system continues. All I know is that when I see APhi members wearing their letters that I think less of them; a lot less. I think a lot less of them because of WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY AND THEIR NATIONAL ORGANIZATION STANDS FOR in 2020. As the old phrase goes, "THE FISH STINKS FROM THE HEAD" and in this case the APhi national organization is what stinks and stinks BIG TIME. BUT, the local chapter and all of its members and most particularly its leadership board ALL STINK TOO because they work very very hard during recruitment to hold to the letter of the guidelines set forth by APhi National.

Its truly shameful that this is all going on in 2020 after everything that has happened and NOT ONE PERSON IN APHI here at Purdue has the courage to stand up and say NO MORE.

Its all shameful IMO and quite pathetic. So, think of all of this please the next time you see someone from APhi wearing their letters walking around campus. Think long and hard if this is the kind of organization you want to affiliate with or frankly have anything to do with.

My suggestion is to this year VOTE WITH YOUR FEET and say NO to APhi!

By: mad
by: WHYJul 2, 2020 4:18:20 PM

Why do you make comments on any sorority and when you are not it, no nothing about it? I'm not a APhi but they are a great house like all the houses at Purdue. Let the PMNs go through recruitment and find their own home. Sounds like someone wants to bash houses to make their house look better or did not get a bid from APHI. Every year there is sorority everyone wants to be negative on. Cut it out!

By: WHY
by: Shut up aphiJul 2, 2020 5:17:31 PM

Sounds like you are either an undercover aphi or sigma chi lmao

By: Shut up aphi
#9  by: W   

When I rushed APhi they made fun of my weight

By: W
by: sameJul 2, 2020 2:33:23 PM

same and I’m only 115 lbs :/

By: same
by: No capJul 2, 2020 8:44:01 PM

I bet every girl in APhi has an eating disorder

By: No cap
by: TTTAug 30, 2020 8:26:08 AM

@W complete lie.

By: TTT
#10  by: up   

Bumping this OP because its impt. Institutionalized racism such as that orchestrated by APhi National via its recruitment practices needs to stop and has no place at our school. APhi is a 'shining example' of everything that is wrong and truly bad with private organizations at Purdue.

By: up

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.