facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of North Carolina - UNC General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 24 of 24
#231  by: confused   

this is an honest question, coming from an unbiased person, why is PKA considered better than Sigma Nu? I understand the thought that Sigma nu is full of mostly tools but they have more parties and mix with better sororities. it seems as though PKA never has any parties and when they do, nobody goes. could anyone explain?

By: confused
by: AgreedApr 21, 2013 3:40:41 PM

I don't get why PiKA is considered a good fraternity. The majority of their brothers just look like scrubs and like you said they don't mix with good sororities. Honestly if their house was anywhere but frat court they would be down there with pi lam

By: Agreed
by: answerApr 21, 2013 4:26:56 PM

To start off, Sigma Nu is a huge joke to everyone. Without their house with the nice lawn they would be like Pi Kapp or DU. PiKA right now is getting a lot better. There was definitely some rough years in the past for them but the younger classes, particularly the sophomores and freshmen, are way better and making the fraternity a lot better as a whole. PiKA was more socially active in the fall with quite a few great tailgates and this semester they have made up for not having too many parties with a huge band party and that beach party the other weekend which was bigger than anything Sigma Nu has ever done. Sigma Nu likes to throw bottes and destroy property, especially Phi Gam's and PiKAs and whenever they start fights they lose terribly.
Sigma Nu is bad and getting worse quickly, PiKA is OK and getting way better. Hope that answers your question!

By: answer
#232  by: Still confused    

Yeah I understand Sigma Nu is a joke and that a lot of kids in there got balled from every good fraternity, they usually have more people at their tailgates than do PKA. Also they had a mixer with KD, Tri Delt, and Beta which was surprising but would never happen with PKA. Also a few friends of mine went to PKA's beach party for an hour and they said that there could not have been more than 40 people there. I know Sigma Nu's are usually tools and start fights but they seem to be more popular than PKA. PKA also got only 6 fall pledges whereas Sigma Nu got closer to 20. Granted not all the kids in the Sigma Nu pledge class were cool but still even if 15 of them were cool that's a lot more than 6.

By: Still confused
#233  by: Okay   

I really don't think either fraternity is respected much but you're right PKA is indeed more respected by guys and girls than Sigma Nu. I also have no skin in the game but I know a few guys in their fall class and they were all balled from other places in big frat court, basically putting them on the same level as the guys that are in Sigma Nu. I don't think a pledge class of 6 makes PKA seem picky, it makes it seem like they can't get guys to join. I'm sure the party was fun but when my friends were there they said there was maybe 40 people there and they thought the guys were really weird, 30-40 people doesn't constitute an 'awesome' party in my opinion. Whenever I walk by BFC on tailgate days PKA looks empty and it is nowhere near as crowded as the other three fraternities there are. I wouldn't say they are on the level of Kappa Sig or close to Sigma Chi, definitely a tier below.

By: Okay
#234  by: fratcourt   

top:

dke/beta
phi delt
phi gam/chi phi
sae

middle:

sigma chi
kappa sig/ato
chi psi
pika

low:

pikapp
sig nu
zeta psi/lamda chi
sigep

By: fratcourt
#235  by: TFM Kyle   

For the record I am NOT in Sigma Nu, cue my comments about Sigma Nu and Will Plyler being sick (see other forums)

But you shouldn't even rank AEPi, DU, and Pi Lam, come on...

Love you guys,
TFM Kyle

By: TFM Kyle
#236  by: truuu   

dke, phi delt, beta, phi gam, chi phi, and sae...end of story. if you don't get a bid from one of these fraternities, don't pledge.

By: truuu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.