facebook

sororities

by: Yayyy

Is everyone getting excited for rush!? I know all the girls in my sorority are! I think this website should be more about answering question for girls who are serious about rush. So anyone have any questions that do not have to do with rankings?

Posted By: Yayyy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: ?   

What is the best thing to wear each day? I received the booklet, but I just want to make sure I look my best

By: ?
by: BDAug 10, 2013 2:08:20 PM

Whatever you wear, make an effort to wear makeup and do your hair. It's not about looks, it's about seeing you as a put together lady! No revealing outfits, that's a red flag. For me, anyways.

By: BD
#2  by: Hi!!   

What sorority are you in?! I've bought all of my lilly dresses and am so pumped!

By: Hi!!
#3  by: Yayyy   

I won't say what sorority I am in because that probably looks bad on this website :(
but yayy I just got a new Lily dress too for bid day. For any of you that live in Louisville Von Maur is having the BEST Lily sale. I got one for $75!

By: Yayyy
by: BDAug 10, 2013 2:12:23 PM

Agreed, that's where I got mine. Sometimes you can find Lilly at Sunny Daize for less, too.

By: BD
#4  by: Yayyy   

OK so yeah I looked at the booklet all the freshman received on what to wear and its kind of confusing. So here is what I think looks best for each day:
MOVE IN DAY: shorts and a t-shirt or tank. It gets really hot that day and you should just be comfy. But make sure you hair is done and you have some make up on because you will be meeting your floor mates for the first time!

SUNDAY: So i think they still provide everyone with a t-shirt for this day? So what really stands out to me is when a girl has on a cute pair of casual shorts. Unless its a little cool that day I would NOT wear pants. You will be outside all day walking to each house. I would also recommend NO jean or athletic shorts. I wore white shorts, but I think its really cute when girls wear the colorful shorts. Ask your gamma chi what color your shirts are this year. Also I would wear a nicer pair of sandals or really cute casual sneakers. Nothing too fancy, but NOT flip flops. I think rainbows would be the most casual you should go. NO tennis shoes. Everyone in the sorority understands that its an early and lonnggg day, but your should keep your hair looking its best, even if by the end of the day the best is a low ponytail.

#5  by: Yayyy   

WEDNESDAY: PREFERENCE DAY!! This is they day for your cutest dress and pair of heels. Wear something that makes you look and feel great because this will be the last day to make your impression on the sorority.

THURSDAY: BID DAY!!! Obviously wear a white dress. Make sure your hair and make up is done because there will be lots of pictures this day!

TIPS: Bring a purse with you everyday, trust me, you will not be judged for this. It doesn't need to be huge but I highly recommend being able to fit a small brush, deodorant, body spray, small mirror and whatever make up your think you would want to retouch in your purse. The days are long and hot and you will want to freshen up whenever you can.

#6  by: Sammie   

I'm really interested in Phi Mu and DZ!! But I'm really going to look at all of them to find the best fit!

By: Sammie
#7  by: ???   

Those sororities are verryyyyyy different. I feel like girls pick them based on their colors? Also you can't really pick any sororities based on a booklet someone gives you. Everything will change during rush

By: ???
#8  by: Sara   

I am a TRIPLE tri delt legacy... so probz that one

By: Sara
by: Welcome to UK!Jul 31, 2013 8:23:49 PM

Your personal sorority recruitment advisor will meet with you the 17th in sorority circle.

By: Welcome to UK!
#9  by: Sparkle   

I'm a 20-time Theta legggg

By: Sparkle
by: hi. Aug 4, 2013 4:54:10 PM

impressive. i like thetas.

By: hi.
#10  by: :)   

How hard is it for a sophomore to get a bid into a good sorority?

By: :)
by: ReJul 15, 2013 8:22:43 AM

You have to stand out a little more than a freshman would but its doable! My sorority is awesome and some of our best girls joined as sophomores!

By: Re

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.