facebook

advice on these frats

by: RUMike

I am going to Rutgers this Fall 2014 as a transfer, I don't really know much about the greek life at Rutgers but am very interested to learn and join a frat this upcoming Fall. Maybe you guys can help me since it seems most people here have some knowledge/experience on these frats. Some of the frats so far that seems to interest me areā€¦

-Alpha Sigma Phi
-Delta Chi
-Sigma Chi
-Theta Delta Chi
(these are not in order in any way)

I have looked at their websites but this website says different things than their websites so it confuses and makes it harder for me. I want to join one that has a strong brotherhood where they actually care for each other even after college. They don't have to be popular but at least making their way up there. Have a decent or good philanthropy, I would love to help out in any way I could so I'm looking for one who actually cares about their philanthropy also. I am also looking for one that has benefits after graduation. Maybe throw some decent parties there and then to enjoy and relieve stress (CS Major). Can you guys tell me if any these aspects I mentioned connect with the frats I mentioned on top or give me a solid true summary of what they are about. Feel free to mention if any of them haze or who to watch out for when it comes to hazing.

Posted By: RUMike
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RUSerious   

Alpha Sigma Phi - good group of guys, house on College Ave, throw decent parties, haven't heard much about their philanthropy.

Delta Chi - never heard of them, irrelevant

Sigma Chi - I believe that they are the largest fraternity on campus in terms of the size of their brotherhood (if you're into being a just a number). Kinda nerdy, house in the middle of nowhere. Their derby days are the only thing that keep them relevant.

TDX- if you're into steroids and tanning, these are the guys for you. They haze really horribly (alcohol related hazing, making the pledges serve them breakfast early in the morning every day, making pledge sleep in the basement). Brothers don't know the names of other brothers, but they're a big name right now because of their house. going downhill

By: RUSerious
by: ^^^Apr 5, 2014 7:32:34 PM

get a life nerd

By: ^^^
by: Hey heyApr 8, 2014 1:06:40 AM

Settle down boys. Let's all get along now;)

By: Hey hey
by: @really?Apr 9, 2014 6:28:30 PM

youre really stupid dude. try harder, please.

By: @really?
#2  by: opinion   

i say if you're looking for brotherhood..
Theta Chi (if you want one that's more social)
Phi Psi (really cool group of guys)
Phi Delta Theta (don't know much about them but always hear their brotherhood is awesome)

By: opinion
#3  by: RUMike   

What about PIKE and Delta Kappa Epsilon? How are they looking? On the rise or going down?

By: RUMike
#4  by: Answer   

DKE on the rise. Great House location and parties are decent. Brotherhood is cool. Pike is 50/50 on rise and going down. No letter house. some great parties, that usually get way out of control. Brotherhood is OK, but nothing to brag about.

By: Answer

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.