facebook

my ranking of the fraternities (in terms of status

by: jaeger

1) TDX - At least right now, they are the most well-known fraternity on campus, have great parties, and are very active. Many people bash them, stating that some brothers don't even know other brothers. This really isn't true. They are a solid frat who firmly secure the #1 spot.

2) Chi Psi - They are big right now for different reasons than TDX. While TDX is big on their parties, Chi Psi is much more into being a "gentlemen" organization. That's not to say they don't throw down; they do have parties, although, less than the average frat, and their parties are very good. They have the largest/best house on campus, and they have extremely active and well-known. Securely gets #2.

3) Sigma Chi - They are similar to TDX in their fratiness, yet I feel they are just a tad less poplar. I respect Sigma Chi because they do honestly focus more on their brotherhood than say TDX, but their house in not in a prime location, and they don't have as much of a popular dominance that TDX has. Still, though, very solid group of dudes. I have many friends here.

Posted By: jaeger
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: jaeger   

4) Theta Chi - These dudes are really hard to hate on. They seem to recruit some of the nicest dudes on campus. They are not extremely "fratty," just a little bit, and they HAD solid parties and are very active around campus. They should be higher on this list, yet, they are unfortunately screwed with probation. We will see where that brings them next year, but this year that have not been as big of a presence as they were in the past. Still, they have that #4 spot.

5) Pike - Man honestly, these dudes are CRAZY! Not in a bad way though, they probably party more than average. They have a huge presence on campus, despite not really having a great house on hamilton street. Even without a house, they have a dominance larger than many fraternities with houses. Solid dudes, some of them can be douchey but ultimately fun to chill with. Defintely get the #5 spot...but...

6) SigEp - ...is right behind Pike. They have a similar situation as they too do not have a lettered house but have a huge presence on campus. They party I'd say just about as much as Pike, and honestly, from an outward appearance, are very similar to Pike. They would just be a notch lower on the status game because one, they have let in dudes who are clear and day DOUCHES (sorry SigEp it's true), and two, they need an event like Pike's dream girl, to bring them higher. Still, a good #6.

By: jaeger
#2  by: jaeger   

7) Skull - Now we get to a level of fraternities which are still well-known, but aren't on the same status as the ones above. Skull has nice parties, a solid house, and a well-known presence on campus... but so do the ones above. And that's their problem, they don't exactly do anything to stand out.. and become lost in the pack. Even the dudes are just fairly normal fraternity guys, which isn't a bad thing, but they just don't shine in status like the others.

8) DKE - Truth of the matter is, these dudes really were not well-known until JUST this year. Now they are the fraternity to rush, and to be in. We will see how they fare, but with them getting their house back, it has catipulted their status firmly to the #8 spot.

9) Phi Psi - Very similar to DKE, they really just became known on campus. They don't have a great house, but even with a tiny amount of normal dudes, they have began to make an impact on campus. We will have to see how they fare, but they are growing in popularity for sure.

#3  by: jaeger   

10) ZBT - This final spot was very difficult to choose. Other frats for this spot could have been Crow, TKE, SAE, Delta Chi, or Phi Delta Theta, but currently, ZBT has grabs on to this spot by a finger. In just the past year, they have virtually come out of nowhere, and made an impact on campus. There letters have been around a lot, they have actually really solid parties, and they don't seem douchey in the slightest. Definitely the non-fratty fraternity. While many other frats are like this, ZBT secures this spot because it just bought that new house, meaning we can soon see another DKE on our hands.

That is my list. I think it's abnormally fair. Comment if you disagree, that's fine if you do. And we can get a discussion going.

#4  by: sophh   

Lol this might be the most real thing I've seen on this site ever.

By: sophh
#5  by: H   

Pike and Sigep are barley top 10 and clearly not 5 and 6. Pike have been having huge internal problems and I haven't seen SigEp do anything on campus in a while. I rather move skull to fifth and Phi Psi to sixth. Otherwise pretty solid list.

By: H
by: accurateMar 5, 2014 8:20:19 PM

as honest and accurate as i seen get on this website

By: accurate
by: agreedMar 6, 2014 10:55:25 AM

pike and sigep are not top 10... theyre like 11-15 range imo

By: agreed
#6  by: meister   

This list is on point. Minor clarification, I'm pretty sure ZBT is just leasing that house.

By: meister
#7  by: jaeger   

Yeah obviously we can all agree on this being top 10. If I had to give 11) and 12) it'd probably go to crow and tke. You might disagree with pike and sigeps placement as 5 and 6 but I feel for not having houses they both have a larger status on campus than skull and phi psi, but that is just my opinion. Also, I don't know whether Zbt is leasing or bought it, but yeah its more that they now have this house as to what I was referring to.

#8  by: Great List   

overall great list.totally on point, but i think if you ask any girl, they'd put Sigma Chi over Chi Psi anyday.

By: Great List
by: niceMar 6, 2014 2:21:25 PM

Yea switch chi psi and sigma chi. Sigma chi and TDX are both great at interfraternal relations. no frats really like chi psi.

By: nice
#9  by: Dan   

Chi Psi at 2 gave me a good laugh. As did Pike and Sig Ep's placement. If you don't have a lettered house at Rutgers, youre not relevant. Im sorry.

By: Dan
by: seniorMar 12, 2014 2:03:52 PM

Yeah, because alpha Sig, kappa Sig, phi delta theta, and phi tau are all much more relevant than pike and sigep -____-

By: senior
#10  by: jaeger   

@dan that is not true. People debating pike or sigeps placement is one thing, but houses only help they don't define. Phi tau, PDT, alpha Sig,they all have lettered houses and they r not on the top 10. The house doesn't mean much if u don't use it. And if u wanna argue chi psis placement as #2 go for it, this list is all opinion, but they r def top 5. I'd say every frat I listed here is top 10, regardless of the order

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.