facebook

dg?

by: Question

I've seen multiple posts this year and last referencing serious problems that Delta Gamma had in the recent past among their sisters I believe. Anyone know any specifics? I'm pretty curious but I don't have a clue what everyone is referencing.

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: djsnake   

If I'm not mistaken. Illegal mixer. Caught drinking. Internal policing. OFSA troubles. Nationals came in. Girls got booted. Girls disaffiliated. Lot of drama. Lost their house. Downward spiral. Nothing to do with hazing.

By: djsnake
#2  by: LOL   

It was not an illegal mixer... half of a sorority's girls do not get kicked out (and evicted from their house!!) over an illegal mixer.

OFSA & Nationals were involved. That means something BAD happened.

By: LOL
#3  by: truth   

Basically, the "troubles" involved nationals coming in to hold RU DG to the high standards of the national organization, because let's be honest, although RU DG isn't number 1, nationally, Delta Gamma is the BEST sorority and they strive to keep it that way. In reality, it wasn't one specific event that was "BAD" and caused nationals to come it, it was a few events that occurred and added up to nationals feeling like they needed to intervene. This however, happened in 2010/2011, and since then most of the girls involved in the situation have either graduated or are no longer an issue. DG is a new chapter now and there's probably a 10% chance that if you asked any member, they'd actually know the FULL, REAL, story because nobody cares anymore.

And to "LOL", every sorority is not allowed to have alcoholic events unless it is at a third party venue, aka not a frat house. Therefore, anyones nationals will be involved after OFSA is. So yeah, if any chapter on this campus has one of their normal thursday night mixers and someone wants to be annoying and report it to your nationals, you'd probably get in trouble too.

By: truth
#4  by: Almost   

LOL is almost correct with what happened. I know a lot of the girls that got the boot and it wasn't an actual mixer that got them I'm trouble, they were supposed to have a mixer that got cancelled so one of the girls, who's birthday it was, decided to have a birthday party at her own house. Some girl in there that apparently had it out for that girl and her friends reported it. nationals came in, interviewed each girl and all the girls that were actually fun and went to frat parties (which apparently is against their nationals rules) were ratted on and kicked out.

By: Almost
#5  by: hazin   

Hazing

By: hazin

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.