starting a fratby: Kev
#1 by: IFC
Kev, to answer your question, to have a successful fraternity to function at WPU takes the following....
1. Good Leadership Skills
2. Good Operational Structure
3. Good Organizational Skills
4. A positive membership development process
5. Involvement in campus events (SAPB, Intramurals, etc.)
6. Yearly sponsored philanthropic events
7. Good to excellent GPA
8. Compliance to all WPC policies and Inter/National policies
9. Emphasis on men being gentlemen (complying with the code of conduct)
10. Attending all leadership conferences sponsored by WPU Greek Life, NIC and the Inter/National fraternity.
A fraternal organization needs to be proactive in what I mentioned above. What you DO NOT want to create is a "Party/Drinking Club" full of losers. I will tell you that this will NOT last very long at WPU and/or on any college/university campus.
Also, talk with the Greek life office and see what are the requirements for a new fraternity to get started. They may even have a list of inter/National Fraternity that are interested in starting at WPU. WPU has had a lot of fraternities that operated successfully during the 80's & 90's. Most of them had to close due to the Rush Recession of the late 90's and early 2000. I do know that ZBT, TEP and KDP did have successful chapters on campus with a large alumni contacts. You may want to check them out and see would they still be interested in recolonizing at WPU. If so, Great. Good Luck!!!
Before you type: Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogetory content.
Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.