facebook

why is Pi Phi always bottom?

by:    

So it seems the only rank thing everyone agrees on is that Pi Phi is bottom, I wanted to know why everyone says that?

Posted By: ??
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

it’s a cycle. they’re ranked low -> girls drop them first during rush -> bad pledge classes and another year of low ranks.

By: truth
#2by:    

All chapters at UT have good girls! I love every Pi Phi I know!

By: utk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

They have the reputation of being the weird girl sorority because of that nobody wants to rush them, nobody wants to do an event with them, nobody wants to party with them. It's kind of hard for them to get out of that reputation when no one wants to do anything with them and other sororities talk so bad about them. The girls are really self conscious about it too to the point where they psych themselves out. It's really unfortunate because the chapter really wants to do good and wants to improve but no one gives them the chance. I have a friend in pi phi and that's the impression she gives me.

By: Bystander
#4by:    

i agree with what bystander said and there’s a lot of drama within the chapter too to where a lot of them drop

By: pan
#5by:    

most girls drop meaning lots of girls don’t have bigs or littles or all their friends they made in their pledge class are gone so there’s really no reason to stay paying dues. it’s mostly just people who know eachother but they don’t have that tight knit sisterhood because everyone leaves

By: wiggy
#6by:    

I am so tired of hearing the Pi Phi bashing. Just sick of it. It's unfair to the lovely girls that are currently in the sorority. Meanwhile I hear girls from other girls complain from other houses all of the time, about the work they have to put in. The girls from Pi Phi are sweet and stoic.

I'm graduating this year so it doesn't matter, but some of these houses need to stop allowing very ungrateful pledges to stay in the sorority at all.

By: Sigh
#7by:    

Honestly it's really sad to see. I know a lot of girls in pi phi and they're really lovely people who genuinely care about their sisterhood. In my opinion they don't deserve the reputation they have at all. It's definitely a cycle tho. They get girls who love it, realize that what other people think isn't that important, and stick around. These girls have a really close sisterhood, but they also get girls who are insecure, end up dropping and creating drama. The second is definitely the minority tho. I personally love the girls I know in pi phi and one of my friends in the chapter said they're working really hard right now to build their sisterhood up which is good to hear. Most people I know don't even think badly of pi phi for the most part, just that they're bottom. I say if you love pi phi in cob, go pi phi you'll meet a lot of really sweet girls. They can only go up and I really hope they do! Im rooting for pi phi and my friends in the chapter.

By: It's sad
#8by:    

This is surprising. Pi Phi at other sec schools are usually tops. They have a great national reputation.

By: Pnm
#9by:    

Pi Beta Phi no longer has a great national reputation.
In 2017 there were 140 active collegiate chapters attending national convention and nearly 20,000 dues paying alums. Since then it has lost 10 chapters while adding only 3 new chapters and less than 12,000 dues paying alums. No other NPC group has experienced such a decline.

By: Sharon
by: Call out   

Any particular reason you waited until the evening of one of their events to post this???

By: Call out
by: ?   

Florida State New Members numbers from their published Fall 2022 Grade report:

Florida State
AXO - 78
ADPi - 79
AGD - 29
AOII - 56
A Phi - 82
XO - 76
DDD - 87
DG - 76
DZ - 78
G Phi B - 67
Theta - 81
KD - 75
Kappa - 72
Phi Mu - 80
Pi Phi - 76
SDT - 73
ZTA - 74

By: ?
by: what   

what does Florida state have to do with anything? maybe make sure you’re on the right school’s page if you’re going to be salty and miserable.

By: what

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.